SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #24 - 18/06/2023

Question 1: How many hearts does an octopus have?

Octopuses have three hearts, with two hearts pumping blood to their gills and one larger heart circulating the oxygenated blood to the rest of their body. This unique circulatory system helps them to survive in the deep and cold ocean environment.

Question 2: What is the psychological phenomenon where people believe they are being watched called?

The Spotlight Effect is the tendency for people to overestimate how much attention others are paying to their appearance or behavior. This phenomenon often leads to self-consciousness and social anxiety.

Question 3: Where was the ancient city of Pompeii located?

Pompeii was an ancient city buried under volcanic ash from the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Today, it's a well-preserved archeological site and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Question 4: The book "To Kill a Mockingbird" was written by which author?

Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" was published in 1960 and won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1961. The novel addresses themes of racial inequality and moral growth, and is considered an American literary classic.

Question 5: If you combine hydrogen and oxygen, what is the resulting compound?

The chemical formula for water is H2O, which means it contains two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. Water is essential for life as we know it and covers around 70% of the Earth's surface.

Question 6: If a person reduces their carbon footprint by planting trees, what process do the trees use to absorb carbon dioxide?

Photosynthesis is the process by which green plants and some other organisms use sunlight to synthesize foods with the help of chlorophyll pigments. During this process, plants absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen into the atmosphere.

Question 7: Why did Paul Hogan become known internationally?

Paul Hogan rose to international fame with his character, Mick Dundee, in the "Crocodile" Dundee film series. The first film was released in 1986 and became a global box office success, turning Hogan into an international star.

Question 8: If you were planting a macadamia tree, which country would you most likely be in?

Macadamia trees are native to Australia and thrive in the country's climate. Macadamia nuts are considered a delicacy and are often used in desserts like cookies and pies.

Question 9: Which Australian public holiday commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet?

Australia Day is celebrated annually on January 26th, marking the arrival of the First Fleet of British ships at Port Jackson in 1788. The day is observed with community events, barbecues, and fireworks displays nationwide.

Question 10: The eucalyptus tree is native to which country?

There are over 700 species of eucalyptus trees, and they are mostly native to Australia. Due to their ecological adaptability and attractive appearance, they have been introduced to other countries as well.

You got answers correct

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #24
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I did guess 2
Well done. I managed 8 today, happy with that 😀

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #24
Question 5: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 5 Has 2 correct Answers - Hydrogen Peroxide is also correct.
Question 8 Although the nuts are indigenous to Australia they are commercially grown in Hawaii, thus United States is the correct answer!

Reactions: Jonathan Leane
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I got 9/10 today…but I am taking 10/10 reason being question #5 - Answer “when molecular hydrogen and oxygen are combined and allowed to react together , energy is released and the molecules of hydrogen and oxygen can combine to form water or hydrogen peroxide”.

Mr. Amos my Chemistry teacher would be impressed!!

Last edited:
Question 2: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥

I got 9/10 today…but I am taking 10/10 reason being question #5 - Answer “when molecular hydrogen and oxygen are combined and allowed to react together , energy is released and the molecules of hydrogen and oxygen can combine to form water or hydrogen peroxide”.
I agree . When I answered thus question I was thinking if it was a trick question because there were actually 2 correct answers

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #24
Question 1: 🟥
Relatively easy one today :)

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I usually manage 8 but have too say two of these were lucky guesses , wishes I could guess the lotto numbers 😉
Good on you, I was happy with 90% cos still foggy after a late night, although sometimes having too many answers to pick from can cause second guessing, I had to check with my husband on question 5 chemistry was always a mystery for me. Asking him questions around science and chemistry reinforce his belief that he is smarter than me LOL

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #24

• Wow