SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #23 - 17/06/2023

Question 1: Which animals are featured on the Australian Coat of Arms?

The Kangaroo and Emu were chosen to symbolize a forward moving nation, as both animals are primarily known for their ability to move forward without easily moving backward.

Question 2: If you find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, which mythical creature is said to be its owner?

Leprechauns are figures from Irish folklore, often depicted as small, mischievous characters who hoard gold and are skilled cobblers. They are said to hide their pots of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Question 3: If an Australian football player scores a "goal" in Australian rules football, how many points is it worth?

Australian rules football, also known as Aussie rules or just "footy", is uniquely Australian. In addition to goals, a player can also score a "behind", which is worth one point.

Question 4: Where does the world's smallest penguin species, the Little Blue Penguin, mainly reside?

The Little Blue Penguin, also known as the Little Penguin or Fairy Penguin, is the smallest penguin species and resides primarily along the coasts of Australia and New Zealand. They usually grow to be about 33 centimeters (13 inches) tall and weigh approximately 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds).

Question 5: Why are ballpoint pens called "biros" in some countries?

László Bíró, a Hungarian-Argentinian journalist, developed the ballpoint pen as a more reliable and less messy alternative to fountain pens. His surname became eponymous with his invention in some countries, especially in the United Kingdom and Australia.

Question 6: Who discovered the circulation of blood in the body?

William Harvey, an English physician, discovered the circulation of blood through the body in 1628. His findings challenged the previously accepted teachings of Galen and led to major advancements in our understanding of the cardiovascular system.

Question 7: If I were a bell, what song from which Broadway musical would I be from?

"If I Were a Bell" is a song from the musical "Guys and Dolls," which first premiered on Broadway in 1950. The musical, with music and lyrics by Frank Loesser, is based on the short stories of Damon Runyon and features characters from the New York underworld.

Question 8: What is the study of the Earth's physical structure and substance called?

Geology is a field of study that investigates the Earth's composition, structure, processes, and the organisms that have shaped it over time. It dates back to ancient Greek philosophers who first investigated the nature of Earth's crust.

Question 9: In which country did the Esperanto language originate?

Esperanto was created by L. L. Zamenhof, a Polish-Jewish doctor, in 1887. It was intended as an easy-to-learn, neutral language to foster peaceful communication between people of different nationalities.

Question 10: If you were to visit Australia's Parliament House, in which city would you find it?

Canberra is Australia's capital city, and the Parliament House was opened in 1988, located on Capital Hill. Prior to this, the Parliament of Australia met in the Parliament House in Melbourne.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #23
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

JeffP

The Kangaroo and Emu were chosen to symbolize a forward moving nation, as both animals are primarily known for their ability to move forward without easily moving backward.

Question 2: If you find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, which mythical creature is said to be its owner?

Leprechauns are figures from Irish folklore, often depicted as small, mischievous characters who hoard gold and are skilled cobblers. They are said to hide their pots of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Question 3: If an Australian football player scores a "goal" in Australian rules football, how many points is it worth?

Australian rules football, also known as Aussie rules or just "footy", is uniquely Australian. In addition to goals, a player can also score a "behind", which is worth one point.

Question 4: Where does the world's smallest penguin species, the Little Blue Penguin, mainly reside?

The Little Blue Penguin, also known as the Little Penguin or Fairy Penguin, is the smallest penguin species and resides primarily along the coasts of Australia and New Zealand. They usually grow to be about 33 centimeters (13 inches) tall and weigh approximately 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds).

László Bíró, a Hungarian-Argentinian journalist, developed the ballpoint pen as a more reliable and less messy alternative to fountain pens. His surname became eponymous with his invention in some countries, especially in the United Kingdom and Australia.

William Harvey, an English physician, discovered the circulation of blood through the body in 1628. His findings challenged the previously accepted teachings of Galen and led to major advancements in our understanding of the cardiovascular system.

Question 7: If I were a bell, what song from which Broadway musical would I be from?

"If I Were a Bell" is a song from the musical "Guys and Dolls," which first premiered on Broadway in 1950. The musical, with music and lyrics by Frank Loesser, is based on the short stories of Damon Runyon and features characters from the New York underworld.

Question 8: What is the study of the Earth's physical structure and substance called?

Geology is a field of study that investigates the Earth's composition, structure, processes, and the organisms that have shaped it over time. It dates back to ancient Greek philosophers who first investigated the nature of Earth's crust.

Esperanto was created by L. L. Zamenhof, a Polish-Jewish doctor, in 1887. It was intended as an easy-to-learn, neutral language to foster peaceful communication between people of different nationalities.

Question 10: If you were to visit Australia's Parliament House, in which city would you find it?

Canberra is Australia's capital city, and the Parliament House was opened in 1988, located on Capital Hill. Prior to this, the Parliament of Australia met in the Parliament House in Melbourne.

You got answers correct
Where do you find the answers

Question 7: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #23
Question 6: 🟩

Reactions: kerrikennel
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #23
Well done Suzi!! I only got 6 😵‍💫

You got answers correct
finally got 10 out of 10, took me sometime to be confident in my broadway history, go with your instincts, first guess is usually correct, yeah

7/10 Rubbish, now grab your fishing rod and bugger off you must have cheated SHE SAID.
Ah to be told to go fish with Her BLESSING! It's simple when think about it.
I might be a dummy, but certainly not stupid.

An embarrassingly wrong number 4…..

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #23
Question 4: 🟥

Well I managed 10 out 10….just don’t over think the answers, gut instinct is usually correct

You got answers correct
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #23

I really thought

In which country did the Esperanto language originate?​

I really thought Spain and when that wasn't a choice I took Italy

6/10, I'm not proud -should have got the penguin one right!
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #23