SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #182 - 24/11/2023

Question 1: What is the longest running television show in history?

The Simpsons first aired in 1989 and it's still running as of today, making it the longest running scripted primetime show in television history.

Question 2: If you hear the song "The Music of the Night," what musical are you likely watching?

"The Music of the Night" is a popular song from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical "The Phantom of the Opera", sung by the character of the Phantom.

Question 3: When did Socrates live?

Socrates, an iconic Classical Greek philosopher, lived from 469 BC until 399 BC. He is best known for his Socratic method of questioning, which was a significant influence in Western philosophy.

Question 4: How many letters are in the Greek alphabet?

The Greek alphabet has 24 letters, including both vowels and consonants. It was from this alphabet that the Latin alphabet was derived.

Question 5: When baking soda is combined with vinegar, what gas is released?

When baking soda and vinegar combine, they react to form carbon dioxide, water, and a salt. The release of carbon dioxide gas forms the bubbles and foam you see when the two ingredients are mixed.

Question 6: In the animal kingdom, what is the largest species of shark?

The whale shark is the largest species of shark, and also the largest species of any fish known to exist. They can reach lengths of up to 40 feet or more. Despite their size, whale sharks are known to be quite docile and pose little threat to humans.

Question 7: When was the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France completed?

The Eiffel Tower, which has become an iconic symbol of France, was finished in 1889 in time for that year's World's Fair, which was organized to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution.

Question 8: The formula E=mc^2 is known as what?

Einstein’s formula E=mc^2 shows that energy (E) is equal to mass (m) times the speed of light (c) squared. It is a central principle in his theory of relativity and demonstrates that mass and energy are interchangeable.

Question 9: The famous painting "Starry Night" was painted by which artist?

"Starry Night", one of Vincent van Gogh's most famous works, was painted while he was in an asylum in Saint-Rémy, France, in 1889. The painting depicts the view from his window, with the addition of an idealized village.

Question 10: In Greek mythology, who was the god of the Underworld?

Hades is the god of the Underworld in Greek mythology. He is responsible for the souls of the deceased and presides over the underworld, which shares his name.

You got answers correct

MzChris, so you are telling me the SDC has the wrong answer again!!!….so if I want to get a 100% score then I need to answer C

It did not help….I only got 90%!!!

Last edited:
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #182
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
A few repeat questions 😁

Reactions: Veggiepatch

The Simpsons first aired in 1989 and it's still running as of today, making it the longest running scripted primetime show in television history.

Question 2: If you hear the song "The Music of the Night," what musical are you likely watching?

"The Music of the Night" is a popular song from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical "The Phantom of the Opera", sung by the character of the Phantom.

Socrates, an iconic Classical Greek philosopher, lived from 469 BC until 399 BC. He is best known for his Socratic method of questioning, which was a significant influence in Western philosophy.

The Greek alphabet has 24 letters, including both vowels and consonants. It was from this alphabet that the Latin alphabet was derived.

When baking soda and vinegar combine, they react to form carbon dioxide, water, and a salt. The release of carbon dioxide gas forms the bubbles and foam you see when the two ingredients are mixed.

The whale shark is the largest species of shark, and also the largest species of any fish known to exist. They can reach lengths of up to 40 feet or more. Despite their size, whale sharks are known to be quite docile and pose little threat to humans.

The Eiffel Tower, which has become an iconic symbol of France, was finished in 1889 in time for that year's World's Fair, which was organized to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution.

Einstein’s formula E=mc^2 shows that energy (E) is equal to mass (m) times the speed of light (c) squared. It is a central principle in his theory of relativity and demonstrates that mass and energy are interchangeable.

"Starry Night", one of Vincent van Gogh's most famous works, was painted while he was in an asylum in Saint-Rémy, France, in 1889. The painting depicts the view from his window, with the addition of an idealized village.

Hades is the god of the Underworld in Greek mythology. He is responsible for the souls of the deceased and presides over the underworld, which shares his name.

You got answers correct
This is a repeat

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #182
Question 1: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

Question 1 is the wrong answer. The Simpson started in 1989 but, Dr Who was first aired in 1963 and, it’s still aired now.
I would.also say that it is correct. Just a note however, Dr Who had a 'break', between 1988-1989. I believe it was about 18 months (Simpson's came out 1989). So Dr Who would still be the longest running.

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #182
Question 3: 🟥

Question 1 is the wrong answer. The Simpson started in 1989 but, Dr Who was first aired in 1963 and, it’s still aired now.
I thought the exact same thing. I just figured that although it aired in the 60's, there were breaks in production, so maybe they are counting the overall years. I hated getting it "wrong" though...

I think it meant the most series of the original.... Dr Who are repeats only.
Not true. They are up to their 15th iteration of The Doctor. There have been many breaks in production throughout the years, as I stated on another post, and yes, repeats are shown throughout the world, but the same can be said for The Simpsons. :) No harm or viciousness intended - I love your jokes and posts in general.

• Love
Reactions: mOiOz
Drumroll please...... 80% right you may think WHAT? !!!!!
But That is the highest count YET.
I FEEL LIKE DOING A JIG
HAPPY HAPPY ME
HAPPY HAPPY YOU
I AM VERY HAPPY
WHAT ABOUT YOU ?

• Sad
Reactions: magpie1

You got answers correct
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #182
Question 3: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥

Drumroll please...... 80% right you may think WHAT? !!!!!
But That is the highest count YET.
I FEEL LIKE DOING A JIG
HAPPY HAPPY ME
HAPPY HAPPY YOU
I AM VERY HAPPY
WHAT ABOUT YOU ?
My LOWEST ever score to date.......got only 2 maybe it's just fate. 😱😂🤣🤔😉

• Wow
Reactions: Veggiepatch

You got answers correct
The Simpsons is incorrect.
Doctor Who started in the 1960's and is still running today.

Reactions: Brewster48