SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #170 - 12/11/2023

Question 1: Who is the Greek god of the Sea?

Poseidon, the brother of Zeus and Hades, is known as the Greek god of the Sea. He is also associated with earthquakes and horses.

Question 2: Who is the author of the dystopian novel "1984"?

"1984" is a dystopian novel published in 1949 by English author George Orwell. The novel presents an imagined future, governed by a totalitarian state known as "The Party", led by Big Brother.

Question 3: Who is the youngest person to have ever won the Academy Award for Best Actor?

Adrien Brody won the Academy Award for Best Actor at just 29 years old for his role in "The Pianist". This makes him the youngest winner in that category to date.

Question 4: In the field of psychology, what does the term 'cognitive dissonance' refer to?

Cognitive dissonance, a concept introduced by the psychologist Leon Festinger in the 1950s, refers to the inner tension that a person experiences after recognizing an inconsistency between their values or beliefs and their actual behavior.

Question 5: In the Peanuts comic strip, what is the name of Charlie Brown's little sister?

Sally Brown is the younger sister of Charlie Brown in the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. She was first introduced in the strip in 1959.

Question 6: What is the term for the measure of resistance in an electrical circuit?

An Ohm is the standard unit of electrical resistance in the International System of Units (SI). It's named after the German physicist Georg Simon Ohm, who first proposed Ohm's law.

Question 7: In which city are the headquarters of luxury brand Chanel located?

Paris is not only the home of luxury fashion brand Chanel, but also the heart of high fashion. Chanel, founded by Coco Chanel, is known for its timeless designs and is synonymous with luxury.

Question 8: When was the first color movie made?

The first color movie, A Visit to the Seaside, was made in 1908. It was only 8 minutes long and created by George Albert Smith.

Question 9: The Fibonacci sequence begins with which two numbers?

The Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers in which each number is the sum of the two preceding ones, usually starting with 0 and 1. Examples of the sequence are 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, and so on.

Question 10: Where is the world's largest known diamond mine located?

The Mirny Diamond Mine in Eastern Siberia, Russia, is the largest diamond mine in the world by area. It's estimated to have produced over $17 billion worth of diamonds in its lifetime so far.

You got answers correct

SDC Trivia Game #170 - 12/11/2023

Question 1: Who is the Greek god of the Sea?

Poseidon, the brother of Zeus and Hades, is known as the Greek god of the Sea. He is also associated with earthquakes and horses.

Question 2: Who is the author of the dystopian novel "1984"?

"1984" is a dystopian novel published in 1949 by English author George Orwell. The novel presents an imagined future, governed by a totalitarian state known as "The Party", led by Big Brother.

Question 3: Who is the youngest person to have ever won the Academy Award for Best Actor?

Adrien Brody won the Academy Award for Best Actor at just 29 years old for his role in "The Pianist". This makes him the youngest winner in that category to date.

Question 4: In the field of psychology, what does the term 'cognitive dissonance' refer to?

Cognitive dissonance, a concept introduced by the psychologist Leon Festinger in the 1950s, refers to the inner tension that a person experiences after recognizing an inconsistency between their values or beliefs and their actual behavior.

Question 5: In the Peanuts comic strip, what is the name of Charlie Brown's little sister?

Sally Brown is the younger sister of Charlie Brown in the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. She was first introduced in the strip in 1959.

Question 6: What is the term for the measure of resistance in an electrical circuit?

An Ohm is the standard unit of electrical resistance in the International System of Units (SI). It's named after the German physicist Georg Simon Ohm, who first proposed Ohm's law.

Question 7: In which city are the headquarters of luxury brand Chanel located?

Paris is not only the home of luxury fashion brand Chanel, but also the heart of high fashion. Chanel, founded by Coco Chanel, is known for its timeless designs and is synonymous with luxury.

Question 8: When was the first color movie made?

The first color movie, A Visit to the Seaside, was made in 1908. It was only 8 minutes long and created by George Albert Smith.

Question 9: The Fibonacci sequence begins with which two numbers?

The Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers in which each number is the sum of the two preceding ones, usually starting with 0 and 1. Examples of the sequence are 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, and so on.

Question 10: Where is the world's largest known diamond mine located?

The Mirny Diamond Mine in Eastern Siberia, Russia, is the largest diamond mine in the world by area. It's estimated to have produced over $17 billion worth of diamonds in its lifetime so far.

You got answers correct
Should have ben a clean sweep but due mistakes in question seven about Chanel \! it started of in Paris but mover to London (see below).
Chanel (/ʃəˈnɛl/ shə-NEL, French: [ʃanɛl]) is a French luxury fashion house founded in 1910 by Coco Chanel in Paris. It is privately owned by the Wertheimer family and has been headquartered in London since 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #170
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

I started off well today but then it all went to pieces 🤗

After answering #7 with the wrong answer (Paris) which I knew was wrong….repeat question through the week….correct answer is London!!
Many other repeated questions…making for a clean sweep 😊😊

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #170
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

• Wow
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #170
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩

• Haha
After yesterday's high of 7...I'm back in my home territory of 4 again today....Blah !! 😂😉