SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
T

TriciaR

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 28, 2023
SCAM WARNING

Hello members!

Today I'm posting on behalf of a member who wished to alert the community of a recent scam they encountered by a company called Tools Express.

"I would like to make you and your readers aware of a company by the name of Tools Express which advertise Portable Car Vacuum cleaner, saying it is worth $200 down to $99.99. What a scam!! What I received was a toy which would not be worth more than $10.00. I believe other customers were caught out on this false advertising. I have attached 2 photos for proof of the deceitful advertising. The first Item attached, is what I received, which is like a toy and useless and not doing the job it states. The second item is what is shown on the advertisement, which I did not receive. I have tried numerous times in requesting a refund, even though their terms say “60 days full refund, no question asked” But they keep coming back with ridiculous answers, that the item works so that should be ok, or they send me a manual to how it is set up!! My point is that they did not send me the item advertised."

20240405_134007 (1) (1).jpg20240406_111736 (1) (2).jpg

Please be careful, members.

I bought an attachment for my whipper snipper on Facebook. It was supposed to be a multi fit unit. There was no way it would fit my appliance. I contacted them and was fobbed off until I said I would request a refund through PayPal. Immediately they asked me to return the unit and refunded me. I’ll always buy online through PayPal and no other way. Also I’ve learnt my lesson and will never buy from companies offering on Facebook.

I bought a robovac from Kogan advertised as wireless charging with intelligent sensors and a list of other features. When it arrived it was the same as a toy robovac that Kmart sells for $10. It was like advertising a ford focus as a top end Rolls Royce. They even sent me another one saying it was the wrong item sent. Took 7 months to get a refund. I still have the 2 toys they sent me which are as useless as tits on a bulls arse. Never shopped from Kogan since.

I shop a lot on ebay & one thing I've had an issue with lately is the amount of Sellers in their main Advert, states FREE Postage/4Days FREE Post, But when you get to paying $x amount Post is added. I have come across this on a regular basis & ALL reply the same, The transport Company puts the charges on, to which I reply "I am buying the Item of you, not the transport Co & this is FALSE Advertising" Then I tell them to shove their Product up their Arse & I have reported this to ebay on a number of occasions with nothing being done so far. So be savy in this regard, I still use ebay, BUT very diligently.

I had a similar scam recently. The product advertised as quality made in Germany for $50. What I got was cheap made in china charged in us $ which made it over $90. They would not let me cancel the order & kept sending me silly answers to my request for a refund & no details to return the product. Thank goodness I paid with PayPal & they got me a full refund.

Instead of complaining here, did you at least report the fake advertising and get a reply?
Just playing devils advocat, many people such as myself depend on deliveries and goods online. But always check even ringing the firm occasionally and so far so good.
Many friends have reported to no avail.

Reactions: Big Buzz