Say goodbye to this Aussie staple! Arnott's has discontinued a beloved item, leaving customers devastated

There's no denying that Arnott's Classic Assorted is one of the most well-loved packs of biscuits in the country. It's so good that Aussies everywhere have long debated over which flavour reigns supreme. (For the record, we love them all.)

However, there's some bad news for biscuit fans as Arnott's has decided to discontinue the pack, ending an era of fierce family debates.

After noticing that the item was missing from the shelves of his local IGA grocery, 2GB radio listener Peter Neve took the opportunity to call the radio station and inform host Ben Fordham.

Sharing the revelation on Monday morning's broadcast, the user explained that he'd been missing the product for months, but he had put it down to the fact that the distribution centre in Sydney had suffered a fire, resulting in supplies being restricted for many products, including Arnott's biscuits.

153711caedcf046850046f53534ebe5d

Arnott's confirmed that it’s discontinuing its legendary Classic Assorted variety packs. Credit: news.com.au/Arnott’s.

He said: 'I'd find that my favourite product was missing from the bottom shelf. I didn't worry about it too much until finally, another product turned up in its place.'

'That's right, there are six different biscuits and they are the better products.'

'And what do they do? They replaced it with a package that was slightly smaller, 400 grams instead of 500 grams. We only get four different types of biscuits instead of six, and what's more, they increased the price.'

Fordham then said that it was his 'duty to inform' the listeners of the bad news that the nation's beloved biscuits will be 'replaced' soon.

'A staple in every office tea room in Australia is about to disappear.'

The distressed radio host questioned if Australians (perhaps led by Neve) 'were going to battle to win it back'.

'The question is, are we going to cop this? Or are we going to fight back?'

'You can do miracles these days, I hope to see them back on shelves next week.'

In a statement, Arnott's acknowledged that the tough choice was made to halt production of this product because of ongoing low sales and restricted shelf space in supermarkets.

Key Takeaways

• Arnott's has discontinued its Classic Assorted variety pack, which contained six varieties of biscuits.
  • The decision was made due to low sales and limited shelf space in supermarkets.
  • Fans of the biscuit package are distraught over the news.

The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a profound impact on the global economy, especially for the retail sector. With consumers staying home and spending less, many stores have been forced to reduce their inventory or even close their doors.

This has had a ripple effect on the manufacturers of many products, some of which have been forced to discontinue certain items due to low sales.

It is a sad reality for many of us who have come to love and rely on certain products, but it is also an understandable one. Businesses have to make tough decisions to stay afloat, and sometimes that means saying goodbye to products that just aren't selling.

While it’s not TECHNICALLY the exact pack, we did compare the Woolworths home brand assortment with the Arnott’s family pack. You can find our results here.

There you have it, folks. Are you a fan of Arnott's Classic Assorted pack? Share your thoughts with us in the comments! In the words of our Editor April, ‘it’s a sad day to be a Kingston fan’.

Sponsored
My G.P. told me months ago l should be giving up my biscuits altogether. Looks like ( as in the poem ), "The time has come the Walrus said to think of other things". In my case, not to stop but cut back on my favourite treats in protest. Damn you Arnott's!

Reactions: Ricci
There's no denying that Arnott's Classic Assorted is one of the most well-loved packs of biscuits in the country. It's so good that Aussies everywhere have long debated over which flavour reigns supreme. (For the record, we love them all.)

However, there's some bad news for biscuit fans as Arnott's has decided to discontinue the pack, ending an era of fierce family debates.

After noticing that the item was missing from the shelves of his local IGA grocery, 2GB radio listener Peter Neve took the opportunity to call the radio station and inform host Ben Fordham.

Sharing the revelation on Monday morning's broadcast, the user explained that he'd been missing the product for months, but he had put it down to the fact that the distribution centre in Sydney had suffered a fire, resulting in supplies being restricted for many products, including Arnott's biscuits.

Arnott's confirmed that it’s discontinuing its legendary Classic Assorted variety packs. Credit: news.com.au/Arnott’s.

He said: 'I'd find that my favourite product was missing from the bottom shelf. I didn't worry about it too much until finally, another product turned up in its place.'

'That's right, there are six different biscuits and they are the better products.'

'And what do they do? They replaced it with a package that was slightly smaller, 400 grams instead of 500 grams. We only get four different types of biscuits instead of six, and what's more, they increased the price.'

Fordham then said that it was his 'duty to inform' the listeners of the bad news that the nation's beloved biscuits will be 'replaced' soon.

The distressed radio host questioned if Australians (perhaps led by Neve) 'were going to battle to win it back'.

In a statement, Arnott's acknowledged that the tough choice was made to halt production of this product because of ongoing low sales and restricted shelf space in supermarkets.

Key Takeaways

• Arnott's has discontinued its Classic Assorted variety pack, which contained six varieties of biscuits.
  • The decision was made due to low sales and limited shelf space in supermarkets.

The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a profound impact on the global economy, especially for the retail sector. With consumers staying home and spending less, many stores have been forced to reduce their inventory or even close their doors.

This has had a ripple effect on the manufacturers of many products, some of which have been forced to discontinue certain items due to low sales.

It is a sad reality for many of us who have come to love and rely on certain products, but it is also an understandable one. Businesses have to make tough decisions to stay afloat, and sometimes that means saying goodbye to products that just aren't selling.

While it’s not TECHNICALLY the exact pack, we did compare the Woolworths home brand assortment with the Arnott’s family pack. You can find our results here.

There you have it, folks. Are you a fan of Arnott's Classic Assorted pack? Share your thoughts with us in the comments! In the words of our Editor April, ‘it’s a sad day to be a Kingston fan’.
I'm still fuming over Arnold's discontinuing Lattice Biscuits. Every great cook uses these & there is no good substitute. I'll buy other brand products if Arnold's don't support it's customers.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
the picture sho

Key Takeaways

the picture shows TEN biscuits not SIX!

Reactions: Ricci