Say goodbye to frustration with this genius pantry labelling trick!

We often look for ways to simplify our daily routines and make our homes more functional and organised.

One area that can quickly become a source of frustration is the pantry, with its myriad of containers and the ever-present challenge of keeping track of what's inside it.

But fear not—we've stumbled upon a pantry trick that's as ingenious as it is simple, and it's about to transform the way you label your containers!

Carole Jones was fed up with the traditional methods of labelling her pantry containers.

In a moment of inspiration, she shared in a video online revealing her secret weapon: the humble chalk marker.

photo.jpg
Carole shared her trick to say goodbye to her frustration with labelling containers. Credit: @thecarolejones / TikTok

‘My labelling solution didn't have to be cutesy and fancy because I'm not a cutesy and fancy person, all it needed to be was functional and flexible,’ she said.

Gone are the days of peeling off labels that refuse to budge or, conversely, dealing with stickers that lose their stickiness and fall off after a single wash.

‘All it takes is a simple shake, and I can label the side of this [container] whatever I need it to be,’ she said.

‘I've been using this method for over a year now and haven't looked back. It gives me the flexibility to be able to change any of these [containers] at any time to whatever I need them to be. It's inexpensive and functional.’

And when it's time for a change, a damp cloth is all that's needed to wipe the slate clean, quite literally.

But the benefits don't stop there.

This labelling trick also allows you to jot down the best before or expiry dates, ensuring you use up your ingredients in a timely fashion and avoid unnecessary waste.

Plus, it streamlines the process of transferring contents from packets to containers, as there's no need to fiddle with cutting out and sticking on labels or slipping them inside the container, which can often look untidy and cluttered.

While Carole modestly claims her trick isn't about creating 'cutesy and fancy' labels, the chalk marker's handwriting can add a charming touch to your pantry organisation.

Carole’s video gained traction and several comments praising the trick.

‘Thank you!! I was looking for a label solution,’ one said.

Another commented, ‘Such a great idea for those of us who aren't Cricut users.’

‘That’s actually so smart. I should try that on my jars 'cause none are labelled, so I’m always guessing,’ a third added.

You can watch Carole’s video below:

Credit: @thecarolejones / TikTok

If you want to be better in kitchen organisation, you may want to get this addition to your pantry.

A cleaning enthusiast shared a $14 Kmart item that can transform not only your kitchen but also other rooms in your home. You can read more about the item she’s raving about here.
Key Takeaways
  • Carole Jones shared a container labelling trick on social media, which involves using a chalk marker to write on containers.
  • The chalk marker labelling method is both flexible and functional, allowing labels to be wiped off and rewritten as needed.
  • This trick eliminates the frustration of traditional labels that either don't stick properly or can't be reused.
  • With the chalk marker, it’s also easy to add and update the best before or expiry dates on containers to monitor ingredient usage.
Have you tried the chalk marker method, or do you have another trick up? Share your experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have used a chalk pen years ago - a pink one, but it didn't last and smudged.
My Dymo labeller died last week, and was very disappointed as it was only a couple of years old. I decided not to purchase another one. Instead I bought pretty Avery labels from Officeworks. They are dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe and found them great.

I have used a chalk pen years ago - a pink one, but it didn't last and smudged.
My Dymo labeller died last week, and was very disappointed as it was only a couple of years old. I decided not to purchase another one. Instead I bought pretty Avery labels from Officeworks. They are dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe and found them great.
Avery make great products, including t-shirt transfer printing paper.

I think the handwritten names look untidy. I have a small label machine. The labels look much neater.
Each to his own - a label maker is restricted in font size, I know, I have one, yes they are tidy, however labels cost. A chalk marker is an alternative, and personally, I quite like the hand written labels, gives a personal touch :)

A piece of clear sticky tape and a permanent marker works well until a more permanent label can be made.

I just purchased awhole lote of new labels from temu.

I prefer already made labels which last through many many washes.

I usually keep the something in each container .

The liquid chalk rubs off very easy I have tried it before ,all you need to Do is touch it and it smudges

Reactions: Penny4