Organise your kitchen better using this $14 Kmart storage item!

It can be said that the kitchen is the heart of the home. However, it can also be the source of much frustration, especially when it comes to organising the dreaded plastic container or Tupperware drawer.

Despite our best efforts to keep it tidy, it often descends into chaos, with mismatched containers and lids spilling out every time we dare open it.

But what if there was a simple, affordable solution to this common household problem?

Enter the Wide & High Roller Storage Compartment, a $14 Kmart item that can transform not only your kitchen but also other rooms in your home.

One writer and cleaning enthusiast, Rachel Gavin, explained how she uses this storage compartment in her home.

‘In my current rental kitchen, the best place for [storing] plastic containers is in two very deep drawers,’ she said.

She explained that these drawers are located right under the food preparation area, making it easy to grab a container when needed.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 091141.png
The Wide and High Roller Storage Compartment can be used to organise things in different parts of your home! Image: TikTok/@the.belle.edit

However, the depth of the drawers and the variety of container sizes made it challenging to keep everything organised for Gavin.

She said she even tried using a magazine holder to keep lids in, which ended up being too small and narrow to work. ‘So I ended up just tossing the lids randomly in the drawer again,’ she shared.

‘The solution was obvious to me: I needed some sort of divider system. But most drawer dividers are quite short, so it had to be something deep and with multiple compartments.’

So, Gavin headed to Kmart, a treasure trove of affordable storage solutions.

After a short search, she found the perfect solution: Wide and High Roller Storage Compartment.

‘Thank goodness it slid right in and fit the length and depth of the drawer and took up only two-thirds of the space,’ she expressed.

‘I put all my container lids in the front section, the middle part holds small, snack-sized containers, and the back section contains things like measuring cups.’

‘Then, in the space on the side, I have larger containers that I use frequently. There is however, another messy drawer underneath this one with large containers I don't use as often, which still needs to be cleaned and reorganised,’ she added.

But the magic of this Kmart item doesn't stop in the kitchen. This versatile storage compartment is perfect for organising any room in the house.

‘One area I have had time to declutter and re-organise with the storage compartments is in the wardrobe of my home office, which doubles as a craft room,’ Gavin said.

‘The wide and high and narrow and small units fit perfectly on the shelves and work well for paint tubes, stickers, stamps and sewing supplies.’

Gavin also plans to use this storage solution in her bathroom vanity cupboard and under the kitchen sink.

And the best part? It has wheels, making it easy to slide out for easier access, especially in cupboards.

Professional organiser Belle also swears by this Kmart item. She said she uses it in her container cupboard and has even added labels to her storage unit for extra organisation.

You can watch Belle’s full video below:

Source: TikTok/@the.belle.edit​

Key Takeaways
  • A $14 storage solution from Kmart, the wide and high roller storage compartment, has proved effective in organising chaotic kitchen drawers.
  • The storage compartment fits perfectly in deep drawers and has multiple compartments which can be used for different sized containers and lids.
  • Professional organisers and everyday consumers alike have found the storage solution helpful, with some using it for different organising needs throughout the home.
  • The storage solution has the added benefit of wheels for easy access, making it versatile for use in cupboards as well as drawers, and it has potential for organisation in various rooms throughout the house.

Have you tried this Kmart item or do you have other organisation tips to share? We'd love to hear from you in the comments below.

Sponsored
Why does she use one container for one item note on the end.

I like this idea for small clutter but feel using them for everything in the tupperware cupboard would take up so much room.

My tip .... cleanout your cupboard regularly.

I take out everything monthly , wipe the cupboard then restack containers in order , I use one container similar to photo but for lids

Last edited:
I use a basket system it used to be in the wardrobe I got hubby to cut it down to a size that fits in my cupboard and holds all my flat containers and I cull and clean out every 6 months to make sure I have what I need

Attachments

• 20240503_165946.jpg
    20240503_165946.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240503_165937.jpg
    20240503_165937.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240503_165957.jpg
    20240503_165957.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 0