SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Save The Bee Socks $16.95 @ Sydney Sock Project*

Want to save the bees? Grab yourself a new pair of socks* AND support a foundation that protects one of nature's key figures* at the same time.

Each sock purchase from the Sydney Sock Project* supports charity. By purchasing the Bee Socks*, 10% of the proceeds will be donated to Save the Bees Australia.*.

Save the Bees Australia* is a social enterprise that aims to raise awareness of the importance of bees and raises money to ensure bees in our surrounding communities are saved from extermination.

Click here to buy now* or browse their full range*.

Screen Shot 2024-02-15 at 12.17.06 pm.png
Image Credit: Sydney Sock Project*

How else can we save the bees?

You might like to sign this petition by Save the Bees Australia to ban the importation of honey into Australia.

'Imported honey can carry different strains of diseases that can effect not only Australian honeybees but over 1500 indigenous bee species.'

You can read more about the importance of honey bees in member @Skipton's post here.

Last edited:
Hopefully there are some bees around somewhere to be saved. Most of the areas around where I live have very few bees left after the massacre due to Veroa. We have to self pollinate most of our vegies, fruit, to get any produce. What a debarkle that was.

OMG - just visited the Sydney Sock Project (SSP) and all I can say is WoW not only the range of designs on the socks are fantastic but how they are helping is mind boggling.

How it Works - Every pair of their socks are tired to a charity. Once you make a purchase then SSP start to do their work.

You Buy, They Donate - for every item that you buy, there is a corresponding donation that is made at the start of each month. To check how much has been donated just check out their webpage. The amount is stunning.

I have bee motels & have identified 4 native bees in my backyard in Lake Macquarie Newcastle. I have leaf cutter bees, resin bees, blue banded bees a least once a week lately Teddy bear bees. My orange Jasmine trees bloomed madly in the last week & it smells great but I've seen no European honey bees at all. Just a few natives & hover flies.

I have bee motels & have identified 4 native bees in my backyard in Lake Macquarie Newcastle. I have leaf cutter bees, resin bees, blue banded bees a least once a week lately Teddy bear bees. My orange Jasmine trees bloomed madly in the last week & it smells great but I've seen no European honey bees at all. Just a few natives & hover flies.
I Was reading your post out to my husband as I’d never heard of bee motels only to be told that our neighbours have one in their back yard on the dividing fence. You learn something new everyday. My brother-in-law keeps bees in NWTasmania. Yates’s what do teddy bear bees look like? I have never ever thought of various types of bees, have heard b-I-l talk about wanting blue banded bees but didn’t pay much attention.

Hopefully there are some bees around somewhere to be saved. Most of the areas around where I live have very few bees left after the massacre due to Veroa. We have to self pollinate most of our vegies, fruit, to get any produce. What a debarkle that was.