Rug detail mishap sends shoppers into fits of laughter: 'I can't look at it!'

Kmart is the ultimate destination for savvy shoppers looking for quality homeware and furniture at unbeatable prices. And with the convenience of online shopping, you can easily snag that must-have item with just a click of a button!

But, of course, as with any shopping, there's always the risk of getting a bad deal.

Just ask this Aussie shopper who was lured in by a rug on Kmart's website only to receive something quite different from her expectations.

She thought she'd hit the jackpot, but what she received was a surprise that left her scratching her head…

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 2.38.02 PM.png
The woman was expecting to receive the item on the left but was disappointed when she received the one on the right. Credit: Kmart (left), Facebook (right).

After ordering a small trellis rug (measuring 140cm by 70 cm and featuring a grey and white diamond line design), she opened it up and found it embellished with an extra white line.

Needless to say, she was confused!

Being a savvy and socially connected shopper, she shared a photo of the rug in the Kmart Hacks & Décor Facebook group. In her post, she wrote: 'Just unrolled this rug in my family daycare room, and well, I think something is not quite right…'

Needless to say, the woman's post on the group was a comedy goldmine, leaving her fellow Kmart shoppers in fits of laughter!

The jokes and puns were flying, with one person quipping that Kmart really 'crossed a line' with this one, while another joked that the shopper was lucky to get an extra line on her rug for free.

One witty commenter even suggested that the pattern must have been done by the same crew responsible for the line marking on the streets where they live! (Maybe they were on a break and decided to decorate the rug?)

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 2.37.55 PM.png
The grey trellis rug is one of Kmart's most recent additions to their home decor collection. Credit: Kmart.

On the other hand, some shoppers were more forgiving and thought the detail was a surprise that made the rug unique.

One said, 'I love getting stuff that has errors; it makes them unique.', while another suggested: 'all things different deserve to still be loved'.

In the end, though, the woman decided to return the rug and claim a refund. After being inundated with comments, she replied, 'I did think about keeping it for about a second and a half. But no... It's going back. I can't look at it!'

It's good to remember that you can always return items you're not completely happy with! To know more about Kmart's return policy, check out this link here.

The trellis rug in question is a new release from Kmart, with the smaller version priced at a quite reasonable $29 and available online and in-store. And for those looking for a larger rug, there's a bigger size that costs $119 and is available online.
Key Takeaways

• A shopper shared photos of an awkward design detail in the trellis rug she purchased from Kmart.
  • The post prompted some hilarious reactions from members of the Facebook group Kmart Hacks & Décor.
  • Some Kmart fans thought the detail added something special to the rug, while others believed it should be returned.
This awkward detail seems to be a rare case. But if you're looking to purchase the rug for yourself, it's best to double-check when you get it home!

But why settle for someone else's design when you can create your own masterpiece?

If you're looking to give your home a fresh new look without breaking the bank, then check out this DIY rug project. It's stylish, budget-friendly, and, best of all, it doesn't require any stitching! Want to know more? Check out the article here for all the details.

So, members, what do you think? Have you ever had a funny experience with something you bought that didn't turn out as expected? Share your stories in the comments below!

Sponsored
Kmart is the ultimate destination for savvy shoppers looking for quality homeware and furniture at unbeatable prices. And with the convenience of online shopping, you can easily snag that must-have item with just a click of a button!

But, of course, as with any shopping, there's always the risk of getting a bad deal.

Just ask this Aussie shopper who was lured in by a rug on Kmart's website only to receive something quite different from her expectations.

She thought she'd hit the jackpot, but what she received was a surprise that left her scratching her head…

View attachment 12188
The woman was expecting to receive the item on the left but was disappointed when she received the one on the right. Credit: Kmart (left), Facebook (right).

After ordering a small trellis rug (measuring 140cm by 70 cm and featuring a grey and white diamond line design), she opened it up and found it embellished with an extra white line.

Being a savvy and socially connected shopper, she shared a photo of the rug in the Kmart Hacks & Décor Facebook group. In her post, she wrote: 'Just unrolled this rug in my family daycare room, and well, I think something is not quite right…'

Needless to say, the woman's post on the group was a comedy goldmine, leaving her fellow Kmart shoppers in fits of laughter!

The jokes and puns were flying, with one person quipping that Kmart really 'crossed a line' with this one, while another joked that the shopper was lucky to get an extra line on her rug for free.

One witty commenter even suggested that the pattern must have been done by the same crew responsible for the line marking on the streets where they live! (Maybe they were on a break and decided to decorate the rug?)

View attachment 12189
The grey trellis rug is one of Kmart's most recent additions to their home decor collection. Credit: Kmart.

On the other hand, some shoppers were more forgiving and thought the detail was a surprise that made the rug unique.

One said, 'I love getting stuff that has errors; it makes them unique.', while another suggested: 'all things different deserve to still be loved'.

In the end, though, the woman decided to return the rug and claim a refund. After being inundated with comments, she replied, 'I did think about keeping it for about a second and a half. But no... It's going back. I can't look at it!'

It's good to remember that you can always return items you're not completely happy with! To know more about Kmart's return policy, check out this link here.

The trellis rug in question is a new release from Kmart, with the smaller version priced at a quite reasonable $29 and available online and in-store. And for those looking for a larger rug, there's a bigger size that costs $119 and is available online.
Key Takeaways

• A shopper shared photos of an awkward design detail in the trellis rug she purchased from Kmart.
  • The post prompted some hilarious reactions from members of the Facebook group Kmart Hacks & Décor.
  • Some Kmart fans thought the detail added something special to the rug, while others believed it should be returned.
This awkward detail seems to be a rare case. But if you're looking to purchase the rug for yourself, it's best to double-check when you get it home!

But why settle for someone else's design when you can create your own masterpiece?

If you're looking to give your home a fresh new look without breaking the bank, then check out this DIY rug project. It's stylish, budget-friendly, and, best of all, it doesn't require any stitching! Want to know more? Check out the article here for all the details.

So, members, what do you think? Have you ever had a funny experience with something you bought that didn't turn out as expected? Share your stories in the comments below!
Not a FUNNY experience at all. Opened package on Christmas Eve to put child's bike together only to find there were NO pedals.

View attachment 12188

View attachment 12189

Key Takeaways

I'm a born cynic, so I have to question whether this was a deliberate mistake.

One would expect that something like this would surely have been picked up by quality control in the factory that made them.

The fact that it made it through to the store may not have been an oversight at all. By allowing a mistake like this through they benefit from having it promoted on social media and potentially more sales than otherwise. There's really no downside for Kmart because of their exchange policy.

Not a FUNNY experience at all. Opened package on Christmas Eve to put child's bike together only to find there were NO pedals.
Look on the bright side. Your kid still got a sit-on scooter, and you can gift them the pedals for their birthday to turn it into a bike. / sarc

Reactions: Granny*Deb
Yes I might take it back,but you could say to people that inquired, yes there was a similar mat at K Mart, although it was not as modern looking as it is one of a kind.
Stinker.

yes I would have to take it back,,,,I couldn't look at it ,,it would drive me insane looking at that all the time

View attachment 12188

View attachment 12189

Key Takeaways

View attachment 12188

View attachment 12189

Key Takeaways

Oh, gotta return it, because, normally, Kmart might sell their returned items at a discount. So anyone, or even yourself, if lucky enough, might get it back at a cheaper price. But do give us a headsup when and where you're returning, please. (o˚̑̑̑̑̑ 3˚̑̑̑̑̑ o)

View attachment 12188

View attachment 12189

Key Takeaways

Never mind about the rug, who would start a Facebook group with the name "Kmart Hacks & Décor" and who would actually look for it to join it?
Personally, it's not something I'd ever think of looking for. Anything to do with Kmart I'd just look on their website. Maybe I'm missing out on something? 🤔

View attachment 12188

View attachment 12189

Key Takeaways

Remember "Strictly Ballroom"? Barry Otto liked to dance to his own drum.The guy who set the weaving machine is maybe a close cousin?LOL