Robert Irwin blushes over mum Terri’s X-rated joke: ‘I don’t think I can show it to you’

The Irwin family, known for their wildlife conservation efforts and larger-than-life personalities, are no strangers to the spotlight.

However, it seems that even they can be caught off guard by unexpected moments.

This was the case for Robert Irwin, who found himself in an awkward situation when his mother, Terri Irwin, made an X-rated joke during a public event.

The incident occurred at the VMX 2024 veterinary conference in Orlando, Florida, where the mother-son duo were invited to speak.

The audience was filled with fans and professionals alike, all eager to hear from the famous family. However, no one was prepared for the unexpected turn the event took.

During their presentation, Terri overheard a fan confessing to having a tattoo of her late husband, Steve Irwin.

This sparked Terri to make a risqué joke that left the audience in stitches and her son, Robert, red-faced.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 115504.png
Terri Irwin’s ‘spicy joke’ embarrassed Robert Irwin during a live audience in Orlando, Florida. Image: Instagram/@kasiahannabb

'It seems like there's more than one person who has a tattoo of Steve, and I was really impressed because I don't have a tattoo of Steve,' she began, setting the stage for her punchline.

'I have a tattoo that says “Steve was here”. I don't think I can show it to you,' she expressed.

The audience erupted in laughter, but Robert was visibly taken aback.

As the implications of his mother's joke dawned on him, he doubled over, holding his head in his hands in embarrassment.

In an attempt to steer the conversation away from the awkward moment, he quickly interjected, 'Anyway! Alright!'

Despite the embarrassing moment, Robert Irwin has been enjoying a fulfilling life, thanks in part to a special woman.

In an interview at the GQ Awards in November, he shared that his girlfriend, Rorie Buckey, has made his life 'that much sweeter'.

'I think life is awesome for me every single second of every day,' the young man said.

'But when love is part of life, every single thing is so much sweeter, so much nicer, and you take that time to enjoy every single moment. We are extremely happy.'

Robert recently celebrated his 20th birthday and shared his thoughts on entering a new decade of his life.

‘It was a lovely day spent with the entire family. I feel very spoiled, very lucky, entering a new decade is a weird feeling,’ he said.

‘Being a teenager for these last nine years. It’s just strange waking up at 20, I’m so excited but I’m thinking like “Are my joints going to start going?”’

‘I don’t know if this is weird, but I like it. It's cool.’

During the GQ Awards, Robert took the opportunity to dedicate his award to his parents, expressing his sadness that his father, Steve, couldn't be there to celebrate with him.

The Irwin family has been a household name in Australia and around the world for their dedication to wildlife conservation.

The late Steve Irwin, famously known as the 'Crocodile Hunter', left a lasting legacy that his family continues to uphold.

Steve's wife, Terri, and their children, Bindi and Robert, have dedicated their lives to continuing Steve's work. They run the Australia Zoo and are involved in numerous conservation projects.

Despite the challenges they've faced, the Irwins have remained committed to their mission, inspiring millions with their passion for wildlife.

You can watch a video of Terri and Robert’s funny moment below:

Source: Instagram/@kasiahannabb​

Key Takeaways
  • Robert Irwin experienced embarrassment after his mother, Terri Irwin, made an X-rated joke about her late husband Steve Irwin during a presentation at a veterinary conference.
  • Terri’s joke hinted at an intimate tattoo tribute to Steve, leading to her son Robert's shocked and embarrassed reaction in front of a live audience.
  • Robert Irwin spoke about how his life has been greatly enhanced by his relationship with Rorie Buckey, describing how love makes every moment sweeter.
  • At an awards ceremony, Robert Irwin dedicated his award to his parents and expressed a bittersweet sentiment about his father Steve not being there to share in his achievements and milestones.

What are your thoughts on Terri's joke and Robert's reaction? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
The Irwin family, known for their wildlife conservation efforts and larger-than-life personalities, are no strangers to the spotlight.

However, it seems that even they can be caught off guard by unexpected moments.

This was the case for Robert Irwin, who found himself in an awkward situation when his mother, Terri Irwin, made an X-rated joke during a public event.

The incident occurred at the VMX 2024 veterinary conference in Orlando, Florida, where the mother-son duo were invited to speak.

The audience was filled with fans and professionals alike, all eager to hear from the famous family. However, no one was prepared for the unexpected turn the event took.

During their presentation, Terri overheard a fan confessing to having a tattoo of her late husband, Steve Irwin.

This sparked Terri to make a risqué joke that left the audience in stitches and her son, Robert, red-faced.

View attachment 39395
Terri Irwin’s ‘spicy joke’ embarrassed Robert Irwin during a live audience in Orlando, Florida. Image: Instagram/@kasiahannabb

'It seems like there's more than one person who has a tattoo of Steve, and I was really impressed because I don't have a tattoo of Steve,' she began, setting the stage for her punchline.

'I have a tattoo that says “Steve was here”. I don't think I can show it to you,' she expressed.

The audience erupted in laughter, but Robert was visibly taken aback.

As the implications of his mother's joke dawned on him, he doubled over, holding his head in his hands in embarrassment.

In an attempt to steer the conversation away from the awkward moment, he quickly interjected, 'Anyway! Alright!'

Despite the embarrassing moment, Robert Irwin has been enjoying a fulfilling life, thanks in part to a special woman.

In an interview at the GQ Awards in November, he shared that his girlfriend, Rorie Buckey, has made his life 'that much sweeter'.

'I think life is awesome for me every single second of every day,' the young man said.

'But when love is part of life, every single thing is so much sweeter, so much nicer, and you take that time to enjoy every single moment. We are extremely happy.'

Robert recently celebrated his 20th birthday and shared his thoughts on entering a new decade of his life.

‘It was a lovely day spent with the entire family. I feel very spoiled, very lucky, entering a new decade is a weird feeling,’ he said.

‘Being a teenager for these last nine years. It’s just strange waking up at 20, I’m so excited but I’m thinking like “Are my joints going to start going?”’

‘I don’t know if this is weird, but I like it. It's cool.’

During the GQ Awards, Robert took the opportunity to dedicate his award to his parents, expressing his sadness that his father, Steve, couldn't be there to celebrate with him.

The Irwin family has been a household name in Australia and around the world for their dedication to wildlife conservation.

The late Steve Irwin, famously known as the 'Crocodile Hunter', left a lasting legacy that his family continues to uphold.

Steve's wife, Terri, and their children, Bindi and Robert, have dedicated their lives to continuing Steve's work. They run the Australia Zoo and are involved in numerous conservation projects.

Despite the challenges they've faced, the Irwins have remained committed to their mission, inspiring millions with their passion for wildlife.

You can watch a video of Terri and Robert’s funny moment below:

Source: Instagram/@kasiahannabb​

Key Takeaways

• Robert Irwin experienced embarrassment after his mother, Terri Irwin, made an X-rated joke about her late husband Steve Irwin during a presentation at a veterinary conference.
  • Terri’s joke hinted at an intimate tattoo tribute to Steve, leading to her son Robert's shocked and embarrassed reaction in front of a live audience.
  • Robert Irwin spoke about how his life has been greatly enhanced by his relationship with Rorie Buckey, describing how love makes every moment sweeter.
  • At an awards ceremony, Robert Irwin dedicated his award to his parents and expressed a bittersweet sentiment about his father Steve not being there to share in his achievements and milestones.

What are your thoughts on Terri's joke and Robert's reaction? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Love the tattoo idea and would have loved to have seen his face.🤣

I doubt very much that Robert, a supposedly red-blooded young man, would have been "MORTIFIED

It proves that his mum has a great sense of humour, and Robert just didn't have a come back.
I love that Steve can still make them smile.

Reactions: DLHM and Littleboy8