Robert De Niro Welcomes Seventh Child at Age 79: A Look at the Acting Legend's Remarkable Personal Life

Robert De Niro is undoubtedly one of the most celebrated actors in the history of cinema. With a career spanning over five decades, De Niro has brought to life countless memorable characters on the silver screen, cementing his place as a true legend of the industry.

Many of us recognise him for his iconic roles, including the infamous mobster Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II, the unhinged ex-convict Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver, and the charismatic thief Neil McCauley in Heat.

But just as his work has been admired, De Niro’s remarkable personal life has also drawn much attention. This week, De Niro further surprised fans when he revealed he had welcomed his seventh child at the age of 79!

De Niro made the unexpected reveal during an interview with ET Canada earlier this week when he was promoting his new movie, aptly named About My Father.

1683684444223.png
Robert De Niro surprised fans with the revelation of his seventh child. Credit: Shutterstock.

When the interviewer referred to De Niro’s six children, the Oscar winner politely corrected her, saying: 'Seven, actually. I just had a baby.'

While there is little information about the mother of De Niro’s recent bundle of joy, the actor spoke fondly of his role of a father.

'I don’t think I’m a cool dad,' said De Niro, who is famously devoted to his children.

The acting veteran has fathered children from different relationships and marriages. Drena and Raphael are his children from his marriage with Diahnne Abbott, while Aaron and Julian are his twins from his relationship with Toukie Smith. He also has two children, Elliot and Helen Grace, from his marriage with Grace Hightower.

'I’m stern about stuff,' he said, carefully emphasising the importance of constructive parenting. 'But I’m also loving with my kids.'

He also graciously referred to his 11-year-old daughter, whom he admits to adoring, and joked about how she 'gives him grief' before laughing off how his youngest provides 'more to come'.

Key Takeaways
  • Robert De Niro is a celebrated actor with a career spanning over five decades, known for iconic roles in The Godfather Part II, Taxi Driver, and Heat.
  • Recently, De Niro revealed that he had welcomed his seventh child at 79.
  • The acting veteran has fathered children from different relationships and marriages and is famously devoted to his children.
  • Despite the challenges of caring for children at his age, De Niro expresses love and dedication to his role as a father.

It’s definitely nice to see Hollywood legend Robert De Niro’s heart so full of love, despite the extra challenges of caring for children at his age.

No matter your age, parenting can be a rewarding experience and one which can also keep you active and healthy. The same principle applies to grandparenting as well!

Speaking of having kids at a later age, we recommend checking out this article where we reported about how TV star Claudia Raia became a new mum at the age of 56.

Members, have you ever heard of someone else having a child at a later age? We would love to hear your thoughts and stories in the comments.

Sponsored
I think to have a child at an older age is nothing but selfish.

My gosh he is 79 how many years is he going to be able to be in the child's life and will he be there for those special mild stones, 21st or wedding.

Wow have did his sperm even make it to the eggs.

An older parent does not have the same energy as a younger parent. Think about it , sporting activities ect . An older parent is the same as a grandparent

Robert De Niro is undoubtedly one of the most celebrated actors in the history of cinema. With a career spanning over five decades, De Niro has brought to life countless memorable characters on the silver screen, cementing his place as a true legend of the industry.

Many of us recognise him for his iconic roles, including the infamous mobster Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II, the unhinged ex-convict Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver, and the charismatic thief Neil McCauley in Heat.

But just as his work has been admired, De Niro’s remarkable personal life has also drawn much attention. This week, De Niro further surprised fans when he revealed he had welcomed his seventh child at the age of 79!

De Niro made the unexpected reveal during an interview with ET Canada earlier this week when he was promoting his new movie, aptly named About My Father.

View attachment 19450
Robert De Niro surprised fans with the revelation of his seventh child. Credit: Shutterstock.

When the interviewer referred to De Niro’s six children, the Oscar winner politely corrected her, saying: 'Seven, actually. I just had a baby.'

While there is little information about the mother of De Niro’s recent bundle of joy, the actor spoke fondly of his role of a father.

'I don’t think I’m a cool dad,' said De Niro, who is famously devoted to his children.

The acting veteran has fathered children from different relationships and marriages. Drena and Raphael are his children from his marriage with Diahnne Abbott, while Aaron and Julian are his twins from his relationship with Toukie Smith. He also has two children, Elliot and Helen Grace, from his marriage with Grace Hightower.

'I’m stern about stuff,' he said, carefully emphasising the importance of constructive parenting. 'But I’m also loving with my kids.'

He also graciously referred to his 11-year-old daughter, whom he admits to adoring, and joked about how she 'gives him grief' before laughing off how his youngest provides 'more to come'.

Key Takeaways

• Robert De Niro is a celebrated actor with a career spanning over five decades, known for iconic roles in The Godfather Part II, Taxi Driver, and Heat.
  • The acting veteran has fathered children from different relationships and marriages and is famously devoted to his children.
  • Despite the challenges of caring for children at his age, De Niro expresses love and dedication to his role as a father.

It’s definitely nice to see Hollywood legend Robert De Niro’s heart so full of love, despite the extra challenges of caring for children at his age.

No matter your age, parenting can be a rewarding experience and one which can also keep you active and healthy. The same principle applies to grandparenting as well!

Speaking of having kids at a later age, we recommend checking out this article where we reported about how TV star Claudia Raia became a new mum at the age of 56.

Members, have you ever heard of someone else having a child at a later age? We would love to hear your thoughts and stories in the comments.
When my mother had me she was 35 and was the oldest Mum among my primary school cohorts. Admittedly that was 50+ years ago, now it's common, but then I felt terribly embarrassed. The child will get to grieve over the lost parent much earlier than most. Maybe it makes the parent still feel alive and virile, but the child only gets to see and remember their parent as an old, perhaps sick, person who may well be a burden to look after, given the state of aged care currently.

No I wouldn't want to have a baby at 79 or now at 83😳...
Im glad I started my family at a young age as I've watched them grow and become parents then grandparents as well.
My tally: 6 children, 17 grandchildren and16 great grandchildren.
They are spread out in three countries right now with just two daughters living somewhat nearby. I'm going to my eldest daughter's place this afternoon for a cake cooking exercise 😋 and some political discourse🙄.
In a few weeks we'll drive 880ks to meet a new great granddaughter.
Ive had a myriad of jobs including nursing and running a 15 year business. Now its just a little computor work for my husband's Company. Life is good 😌...

View attachment 19450

Key Takeaways

I feel for the children who will be deprived at an early age of a father.

View attachment 19450

Key Takeaways

I have very mixed feelings as l am sure he will make a great dad but the child will grow up with a father that won’t be there for him for too long🙏😢😢

Having just welcomed a new granddaughter on Monday I am reminded of what a blessing children are. Like many comments it is sad that Robert de Niro will not be alive to see this baby grow up and be around through his or her adult life. I can only hope that he will provide for this child in all ways and they will grow up and enjoy their life even without Dad.

View attachment 19450

Key Takeaways

I think it is sad for the children, old parents, older than granparents do not have the energy or life span as a baby born to younger parents. Most have spent their time making money over the years and think they can buy their kids all the things they are not capable of. How many granparents still go surfing with their child at 80, or go camping and fishing. Most need a nana nap at the end of the day. All these kids know that they could easily loose their parent before they come of age.

I worked with a 60+ year old gent with a young school age daughter & the thought always came to mind about him being around for her in later years. He was by no means a healthy man either.

Robert De Niro may see this as a sign of virility or something else but this is selfishness & at all times the child's welfare should always be a consideration.

Wow my wife was 30 and I was 34 when we had our last child and I thought that was too old
I think that up to 40, gives a child at least a large proportion of having you in their lives, maybe grandchildren.... My husband died at 56leaving me with a 17 year old, I suddenly had to get a job so I could afford her high school fees, then Uni. I often went without because I needed to provide for her.

I think that up to 40, gives a child at least a large proportion of having you in their lives, maybe grandchildren.... My husband died at 56leaving me with a 17 year old, I suddenly had to get a job so I could afford her high school fees, then Uni. I often went without because I needed to provide for her.
Advanced Happy Mother's Day, @Linwar! Or should I say 'Supermother's Day'?

• Love
Reactions: Linwar and Ezzy
Advanced Happy Mother's Day, @Linwar! Or should I say 'Supermother's Day'?
Thank you for the Mother's day wishes, often people do not know how hard some mums work to keep a single parent & income together. I learnt how to check the water, oil, and transmission oil every Monday, forget the petrol, if you run out of that the car stops, if you run out of the other 3 you are up for a lot of money, I learnt how to change the oil in the lawnmower and put new blades on it, I learnt how to put a hook on a fishing line& I learnt how to be everything to all my kids whilst having no one to be everything for me. One year when talking to my daughter, the youngest, she said she often thought I was going mad after her father died, because she saw me putting new elastic into my underpants instead of buying new ones. It was only then that she realized I was cutting things to the bone to pay off a mortgage and allow them to have everything, the best schools, dancing, surf life saving and carnivals, football, holidays. I can laugh now but at the time it was hard.

Thank you for the Mother's day wishes, often people do not know how hard some mums work to keep a single parent & income together. I learnt how to check the water, oil, and transmission oil every Monday, forget the petrol, if you run out of that the car stops, if you run out of the other 3 you are up for a lot of money, I learnt how to change the oil in the lawnmower and put new blades on it, I learnt how to put a hook on a fishing line& I learnt how to be everything to all my kids whilst having no one to be everything for me. One year when talking to my daughter, the youngest, she said she often thought I was going mad after her father died, because she saw me putting new elastic into my underpants instead of buying new ones. It was only then that she realized I was cutting things to the bone to pay off a mortgage and allow them to have everything, the best schools, dancing, surf life saving and carnivals, football, holidays. I can laugh now but at the time it was hard.
I'm so sorry that you had the loss of your husband and were left to do this all on your own, but you sound like a survivor no I will rephrase that a Warrior. You made it work.
Raising children are the hardest job ever to do. To discipline them, to teach them, to feed them and to give them plenty of love and even harder when you have to do it on your own.

If I could give a mother's day award I would give it to you.
Happy Mothers Day and I hope your kids spoil you

Reactions: Ezzy
I worked with a 60+ year old gent with a young school age daughter & the thought always came to mind about him being around for her in later years. He was by no means a healthy man either.

Robert De Niro may see this as a sign of virility or something else but this is selfishness & at all times the child's welfare should always be a consideration.
I'm 61 and hubby 64 and our youngest is 18 and I thought that we were pushing it having her at 43 and hubby 47.

Reactions: Ezzy