Revealed: Master the 'Delicious' Chicken Secret Jamie Oliver Swears by on MasterChef! (Try Not to Drool)

Cooking can sometimes feel like a mundane task, especially when you're preparing the same old dishes week in, week out. But what if you could inject a bit of excitement into your culinary routine with a simple yet transformative tip from none other than the renowned chef Jamie Oliver? That's right, members of our Seniors Discount Club, it's time to elevate your chicken breast game to the next level!

Jamie Oliver, the charismatic British chef known for his simple, flavourful dishes, recently graced the set of MasterChef Australia 2024, and he didn't come empty-handed. He brought with him a treasure trove of cooking hacks, but one stood out as a gem: his secret to a 'delicious' stuffed chicken breast.

During an episode that had viewers glued to their screens, Jamie demonstrated how to season a chicken breast from the inside out. This technique isn't just about adding a dash of salt and pepper; it's about reimagining the chicken breast, a staple that many home cooks have grown weary of, and transforming it into a succulent, flavour-packed delight.

1719285441306.png
Jamie Oliver shares a cooking tip on making a delicious stuffed chicken breast. Credit: MasterChef Australia

Here's how Jamie does it: he locates the little fillet in the chicken breast and gently pulls it aside. With a sharp knife, he then creates a small pocket in the meat. It's in this pocket that the magic happens. Jamie used a duxelles for his MasterChef demonstration – a finely chopped mixture of mushrooms, onions, herbs, pepper, and butter – and stuffed it into the chicken. But the beauty of this technique is its versatility; you can stuff the chicken with almost any combination of ingredients you fancy.

Why bother stuffing a chicken breast, you might ask? Jamie Oliver explains that by seasoning from the inside out, you're not only infusing the meat with flavour but also helping to retain moisture. This is particularly beneficial for chicken breast, which has a notorious reputation for drying out if not cooked with care.

Imagine sitting down to a dinner where each slice of chicken oozes with a mouth-watering filling, turning an ordinary meal into a gourmet experience. And the best part? It's a tip that's easy enough to incorporate into your weeknight dinner routine, making it a practical solution for those looking to spice up their meals without spending hours in the kitchen.

For those eager to try Jamie's complete recipe, which includes a mustard sauce, potato and celeriac mash, and veggies, we've got you covered. You can find the full recipe and watch the clip of Jamie's simple yet ingenious cooking tip on the MasterChef website. And for more culinary inspiration, there's a treasure trove of recipes and cooking tips from past seasons of MasterChef available at your fingertips.

So, dear members, are you ready to take on Jamie Oliver's challenge and master the art of the delicious stuffed chicken breast? We'd love to hear about your cooking adventures and any personal twists you add to this technique. Share your experiences in the comments below, and let's turn dinner time into a delightful culinary journey together!

Key Takeaways
  • Jamie Oliver shared a cooking tip on MasterChef Australia 2024 for making a delicious, stuffed chicken breast.
  • He demonstrated how to season the chicken from the inside out by creating a pouch and stuffing it with a duxelles mixture.
  • This method is thought to keep the chicken breast moist, which is often considered a dry cut of meat.
  • The complete recipe, featuring mustard sauce, potato and celeriac mash, and veggies, is available for those interested in trying it out at home.

Sponsored
Guess one could also get some flavour into a full roasted chicken by doing something similar to stuffing a turkey or duck at Christmas time - by wrapping foil over the breast for the major part of cooking a whole chicken a good deal of juiciness will be retained then just remove the foil for the last 1/2 to 3/4 hour of cooking time to brown the breast.

Would save buying those miserable over-cooked BBQ chickens from C & W. There’s very little worthwhile or juicy meat on them!

Last edited:
Can someone please supply the URL for us? I'd love to try this. Pretty please?

My old man's superb chicken​

WITH A WHITE WINE & MUSTARD SAUCE

“Inspired by my old-school recipe from Happy Days with The Naked Chef, this is an absolute classic. Beautifully cooked chicken stuffed with mushrooms and encased in golden pastry – it’s indulgent, rich and utterly delicious. ”

Type this into your search bar and the recipe is there.

I've made chicken Like this , it isn't hard and its a great dish .

It's recipes like this that people need visuals.

I was only saying earlier recipes need pictures , even better if steps are a

I was only saying earlier recipes need pictures , even better if steps are added.
There's a video on U-tube showing Jamie Oliver preparing and cooking this dish. It's really good. I'm like you; I want pictures so that I know exactly how everything's done

I was only saying earlier recipes need pictures , even better if steps are added.
I was thinking about just posting the namof the and the list of ingredients? To see how it would go that if it doesn't turn as the picture then people might nt get disheartened? What are your thoughts on this idead S/R as the a resident Chef Del Laa Cuisne.

Reactions: SylviaK