REVEALED: A jaw-dropping discovery of a Woolies feature has left shoppers astounded

A jaw-dropping discovery of a supermarket feature has left thousands of Woolworths shoppers gobsmacked.

Sydney Woolies employee Liam Kirley took to TikTok to explain that you can find a store directory at the end of each aisle.

Credit: TikTok/@woolworths_au

The directory listed hundreds of products in alphabetic categories, outlining where to find each product inside the store.

'Ever noticed these in-store?' the caption read.

'Here's a shopping hack to find groceries at Woolworths. At the end of each aisle, there are these store directories which tell you where a product family is,' Liam said in the video and shared a close-up of the directory.

'If you're looking for honey, it says that it's in aisle three. So then go to aisle three, and there's our honey!'

This little-known feature would be perfect for those who are shopping in a rush or are shopping from an unfamiliar Woolies store.

Customers may also opt to download the Woolworths app which provides a similar feature.

mDBW_s_iZEtusfAyS6UCWnZV9jlxf5RbRrEL0i_jJ1loewJmG7xIVHz2VxPPOnBmzTgrokw7sVzG57n6Mc8vSuLdTCzrlOUQ2kmyjoTvDIjHxuw0AqK_Ww8s7Yl3y9fay9OYwjM
oJDEmHHbH5GyaIlo7cHID6pubD5wAZNvrXQDJV7A8DJmO_Qqy7C-Fakbi-7DbL1Upy6PxeXpVY1xpQRHzZ4oHjn5JQp9KvAn8GMe7NxncURoPh9kuKeUh_uXYu07Q73PC5vy0i8

This little-known feature is perfect for those who are shopping in a rush or are shopping from an unfamiliar Woolies store. Credit: Tiktok/@woolworths_au
Although the 'shopping hack' is not a new supermarket feature, many were still astounded by the revelation.

'I swear I've never seen these before,' one person wrote.

'I use those cards quite often - especially now my local Woolies has a new layout,' another added.

A third wrote: 'That's why I pick Woolies.'

Do you know any other shopping hacks? Share it with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 68autobug
Sponsored
Just as long as customers do NOT look at the aisle number to the right of the product listed (columns 2 and 3 of course)...have had many disgruntled customers complain about the wrong aisle!
Certainly isn't JAW DROPPING...been around for years!

Been on the ends of the aisles for many years. Nothing jaw dropping about it.

REVEALED: A jaw-dropping discovery of a Woolies feature has left shoppers astounded

A jaw-dropping discovery of a supermarket feature has left thousands of Woolworths shoppers gobsmacked.

Sydney Woolies employee Liam Kirley took to TikTok to explain that you can find a store directory at the end of each aisle.

Credit: TikTok/@woolworths_au

The directory listed hundreds of products in alphabetic categories, outlining where to find each product inside the store.

'Ever noticed these in-store?' the caption read.

'Here's a shopping hack to find groceries at Woolworths. At the end of each aisle, there are these store directories which tell you where a product family is,' Liam said in the video and shared a close-up of the directory.

'If you're looking for honey, it says that it's in aisle three. So then go to aisle three, and there's our honey!'

This little-known feature would be perfect for those who are shopping in a rush or are shopping from an unfamiliar Woolies store.

Customers may also opt to download the Woolworths app which provides a similar feature.

mDBW_s_iZEtusfAyS6UCWnZV9jlxf5RbRrEL0i_jJ1loewJmG7xIVHz2VxPPOnBmzTgrokw7sVzG57n6Mc8vSuLdTCzrlOUQ2kmyjoTvDIjHxuw0AqK_Ww8s7Yl3y9fay9OYwjM
oJDEmHHbH5GyaIlo7cHID6pubD5wAZNvrXQDJV7A8DJmO_Qqy7C-Fakbi-7DbL1Upy6PxeXpVY1xpQRHzZ4oHjn5JQp9KvAn8GMe7NxncURoPh9kuKeUh_uXYu07Q73PC5vy0i8

This little-known feature is perfect for those who are shopping in a rush or are shopping from an unfamiliar Woolies store. Credit: Tiktok/@woolworths_au
Although the 'shopping hack' is not a new supermarket feature, many were still astounded by the revelation.

'I swear I've never seen these before,' one person wrote.

'I use those cards quite often - especially now my local Woolies has a new layout,' another added.

A third wrote: 'That's why I pick Woolies.'

Do you know any other shopping hacks? Share it with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

What a colossal load of hype! The aisle lists have been around for years, and they are hardly extensive, many product types are simply not listed. Worse, they are unhelpful when you look down the entire length of an aisle for a single line product squeezed between a variety of others. I've had to ask employees to help me find products in the aisle listed, and they had trouble finding them in the right aisle. A truly gobsmacking idea would be to identify the shelf position in the aisle, for instance, Aisle 3, bay four, top shelf, then at least you know roughly where to search for the hidden items

I've often wondered why coles/woolies don't put in touch screens that allow us to search for specific items and then provide directions (like they have in many shopping centres).

My hypothesis is that they like making some products a little hard to find because the longer we spend in-store, the more we tend to buy.

Reactions: Liz
I've often wondered why coles/woolies don't put in touch screens that allow us to search for specific items and then provide directions (like they have in many shopping centres).

My hypothesis is that they like making some products a little hard to find because the longer we spend in-store, the more we tend to buy.
I feel that they put the Australian goods out of reach and the foreign goods at eye level therefore we have to spend more time in store or search their website for the Australian goods or that is what I do when I shop. Support local companies.

Yeah Liz, we were actually thinking of releasing an ebook/guide of how to buy Australian made groceries on a budget. Is that something you'd be interested in?

Yeah Liz, we were actually thinking of releasing an ebook/guide of how to buy Australian made groceries on a budget. Is that something you'd be interested in?
Very much so, I think we have to suppport our own companies and any help would be gratefully received instead of having to search each product on the website and see what % is Australian grown and owned.:)

I feel that they put the Australian goods out of reach and the foreign goods at eye level therefore we have to spend more time in store or search their website for the Australian goods or that is what I do when I shop. Support local companies.
Almost right, the most profitable at eye level, least profitable harder to see & reach! There is of course the very old ploy for all supermarkets, commonly bought items at the back of the store 9IE: Milk) so you have to walk past all the other tempting displays!.o_O

Almost right, the most profitable at eye level, least profitable harder to see & reach! There is of course the very old ploy for all supermarkets, commonly bought items at the back of the store 9IE: Milk) so you have to walk past all the other tempting displays!.o_O
You are spot on with positioning of most profitable. Plus, I wonder how many times you or I have gone round the end of an aisle and thought 'that looks good, I'll have one'. Those aisle ends are probably the most profitable of all due to the huge turnover of product and I bet the company pays well for the use of it.

Why not give Aldi a go. They're not Australian but they do sell Aussie products & some very good quality foreign items eg cheeses. Their middle isle is fascinating, changes by the week & most of all prices r excellent.

Why not give Aldi a go. They're not Australian but they do sell Aussie products & some very good quality foreign items eg cheeses. Their middle isle is fascinating, changes by the week & most of all prices r excelleI

Oops, somehow I deleted part of your post....so sorry. I was typing and changed my mind and hit the delete button. Not an Aldi fan, can't bring myself to try the brands they have in case I don't like and end up wasting money. At 79 yrs of age I find I stick to brands I know and trust......not very adventurous for sure. Due to a disability I do my shopping now with click and collect and Aldi do not provide that service.

Like Dot, I largely use click & collect from supermarkets, but I do get three superior items from Aldi IMO soft butter, shaving gel & toilet cleaner. lol But their centre bargain aisles are too much temptation for this old handyman, buying stuff I'll probably never use! :ROFLMAO: