Pistol53

Apr 21, 2022
Retired not retired

Hi everyone, I retired in 2012 after 31 years in a power station. I say retired but I haven’t stopped working. My wife won’t travel so I am lucky in that I have picked up work on solar farms around Australia. I travel, meet new people and get paid.

Reactions: paulamc52
Hi! Welcome to the club. That sounds like you enjoy it. What is it you do on the solar farms?

Hi everyone, I retired in 2012 after 31 years in a power station. I say retired but I haven’t stopped working. My wife won’t travel so I am lucky in that I have picked up work on solar farms around Australia. I travel, meet new people and get paid.
Hi Pistols53,I live in Latrobe Valley, which is surrounded by Power Stations. Did you ever work in the Valley?

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hi Pistols53,I live in Latrobe Valley, which is surrounded by Power Stations. Did you ever work in the Valley?
That is exactly where I worked paulamc52.
I worked on construction of Hazelwood and W station then in Morwell Open Cut and finished at Energy Brix (Morwell Power Station)

That is exactly where I worked paulamc52.
I worked on construction of Hazelwood and W station then in Morwell Open Cut and finished at Energy Brix (Morwell Power Station)

Wow Pistols small world. My late Dad worked at Hazelwood he was shift fitter.One of my brothers worked at Yallourn W. We lived in Yallourn, which was a beautiful place to live, we emigrated in 1964 from the north of England.

Interesting
Wow Pistols small world. My late Dad worked at Hazelwood he was shift fitter.One of my brothers worked at Yallourn W. We lived in Yallourn, which was a beautiful place to live, we emigrated in 1964 from the north of England
Hi Paula,
We probably know each other.
All my family are from Belfast.
My Dad came out in 1951 as a butcher and secured a job as a cook at Eildon. Mum and my sister and brother arrived in Australia late 1952. I was born in Eildon.
I think it was 1954 we moved to Morwell and we all worked in SECV construction. Dad at old Yallourn and Hazelwood. My brother at Hazelwood and me at Hazelwood and Yallourn W station.
I joined the SECV in 1981 in Morwell open cut and then Morwell Briquette and Power (later to be called Energy Brix) in 1983, “retiring” in 2012. I am now at Chinchilla working on a solar farm construction.

Hi Pistol 53 ,
Thanks for your reply. My maiden name is Robinson as I said we lived in Yallourn. The Murphy's lived next door to us and the Kitneys on the other side.Mum and Dad bought a Yallourn house and moved it to Newborough. I've moved around the states a bit,but I'm back in the Valley again.

Hi Pistol 53 ,
Thanks for your reply. My maiden name is Robinson as I said we lived in Yallourn. The Murphy's lived next door to us and the Kitneys on the other side.Mum and Dad bought a Yallourn house and moved it to Newborough. I've moved around the states a bit,but I'm back in the Valley again.
Hi Paula,
I know of the Moe Robinson’s but don’t know those other names. I grew up in Morwell and went to Morwell High. I am 68.

Hi everyone! Introducing myself. 57yo I appreciate being accepted to join your great Club. I am happily married 37yrs, and we now have an empty nest. Our twin boys are 22yo and we are very proud of the young men they have grown to be. Our Labrador Chelsey is beautiful and a real joy to us. Love being with family and friends. I am a Carer and work as an Indepent Support Worker. Love my people!

Reactions: paulamc52
Hi Paula,
I know of the Moe Robinson’s but don’t know those other names. I grew up in Morwell and went to Morwell High. I am 68.
Hi Pistol 53,Thanks for the reply. I worked at Ericsson factory in the 60s made lots of money there,it bought me my FB Holden.Did you know the Bishops from Morwell, I think they lived in Robertson St then they moved down town near Ericsson's.Im 70 don't feel it.