Recipe for ‘miracle spray’ that cleans any surface goes viral

The new year is just a few days away and what better time than between Christmas and New Year to do a big clean of the house so it is nice, clean and fresh for 2022.

Recently, a ‘miracle’ spray has been going around on social media, with everyone talking about how it gets everything sparkling clean without too many chemicals. What makes it even better is that it is pretty affordable too!

PMnuScnQFcSnWVpGqYoLisGU33IM9FUCk0ZFp7AqeLy8EzPJStcFbm8br6IeiZFpsBBzoZ4dYxlhx45bOE4QzW4MH3dW7qZOWSGjatWKJQavwx_6Ar7k0dC-KmWdkrTQrOXxOYAs

One mum shared how amazing the ‘miracle’ spray works on cleaning surfaces. Photos from Facebook / Mums Who Clean.

The miraculous all-purpose cleaner is only made up of water and four supermarket ingredients.

Here is the recipe for two litres of the viral cleaning product:
  • 1.5 litres of water (1 cup boiled water)
  • 3 dessert spoons of Lectric soda (also known as washing soda)
  • 300ml vinegar
  • 60ml dishwashing liquid (any brand)
  • 25ml eucalyptus oil
To begin making the cleaning spray, first, dissolve the washing soda in one cup of boiled water. Then add the mixture to the remainder of the water.

Then, combine the liquid solution with the rest of the ingredients.

You can pour the whole thing into a two-litre bottle for easy storage, or you can opt to decant it into smaller spray bottles.

Spray the cleaning product onto any surface, leave for five minutes, and then rinse it off.

The whole recipe can be found on the back of a Lectric washing soda bag, which is available from most supermarkets like Woolies or Coles.

dm9cXHviF2lA1eIG3U9U5R8gfbr2Viao1NtX3pY0JbRiwdf6_WHIbfKaEzQH7KJXYTesWNIYFpfnGXJFWZM_t9XNXRmo2C813jQALJgcd2eCg2digNE21gX82g1A2CxuHSHMUPWD

The Lectric Washing Soda sells online for $3.99. Photos from Facebook / Mums Who Clean.

The recipe for the all-around cleaning product was shared in a Facebook cleaning group, with many people testifying for how amazing the ‘miracle’ spray is.

“Just another reason I love OMFG spray, also known as miracle spray,” wrote one person, who also shared before-and-after photos of cleaned range hood filters.

“Sounds amazing; I’ll definitely be giving it a try and experiment with what else I can clean with it,” said another, while a third person added, “Miracle spray. Google it. Amazing.”

Another group member who was unfamiliar with the product commented and said they were impressed by the ‘miracle’ cleaning product, saying: “What’s OMFG spray? I need to do that; I can never get them that clean. Brilliant good job!”

Many others joined in and shared their satisfaction of the miracle spray. They said the cleaning product worked amazingly on soft furnishings, tiles, kitchen appliances, and even shower screens.

Whether you call it miracle spray or OMFG Spray or anything else, the one thing everyone seems to agree on is that it does the job for a fraction of the price of commercial cleaners.

We think we get where the ‘OMFG’ name came from; this product seems like it is unbelievably good! It can also be made at home for a fraction of the price of commercial cleaners. Time to head to the supermarket, folks!

Sponsored
I am lucky enough to have a large shower. But a lot of glass makes cleaning a chore. All that bending and wiping at my age was getting a bit much. So, I began using a normal squeeze mop to clean. Just add your cleaner to the foam pad, wipe on, wipe off. Watch where the long handle is and turn the mop around to do the bottoms and the tops of the glass. Still can’t do the middle section of the glass screen but that’s the bit that is easy to reach anyway.
71B8D416-C295-4420-9972-AE997298C8FF.jpeg8F807CB3-DBD3-4564-A790-FD7C74093DE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: KatKop and Gerada
I've been making this for years and it's a great surface cleaner than smells clean and nice, and it's also a great deterrent for ants in the house, but a word of warning ... be really careful if using it on the shower base or bath, or any floor for that matter. It turns it into a skating rink even after a thorough rinse. Trust me on this!

I've been making this for years and it's a great surface cleaner than smells clean and nice, and it's also a great deterrent for ants in the house, but a word of warning ... be really careful if using it on the shower base or bath, or any floor for that matter. It turns it into a skating rink even after a thorough rinse. Trust me on this!
Thank you for this alert, @AM! I have mobility issues and would've come a cropper for sure!

Reactions: 68autobug and AM
It would not be wise to use Eucalyptus oil around any kitchen appliances as Eucalyptus oil is poisonous to most animals and humans.

• Wow
Reactions: KatKop
The new year is just a few days away and what better time than between Christmas and New Year to do a big clean of the house so it is nice, clean and fresh for 2022.

Recently, a ‘miracle’ spray has been going around on social media, with everyone talking about how it gets everything sparkling clean without too many chemicals. What makes it even better is that it is pretty affordable too!

PMnuScnQFcSnWVpGqYoLisGU33IM9FUCk0ZFp7AqeLy8EzPJStcFbm8br6IeiZFpsBBzoZ4dYxlhx45bOE4QzW4MH3dW7qZOWSGjatWKJQavwx_6Ar7k0dC-KmWdkrTQrOXxOYAs

One mum shared how amazing the ‘miracle’ spray works on cleaning surfaces. Photos from Facebook / Mums Who Clean.

The miraculous all-purpose cleaner is only made up of water and four supermarket ingredients.

Here is the recipe for two litres of the viral cleaning product:
  • 1.5 litres of water (1 cup boiled water)
  • 3 dessert spoons of Lectric soda (also known as washing soda)
  • 300ml vinegar
  • 60ml dishwashing liquid (any brand)
  • 25ml eucalyptus oil
To begin making the cleaning spray, first, dissolve the washing soda in one cup of boiled water. Then add the mixture to the remainder of the water.

Then, combine the liquid solution with the rest of the ingredients.

You can pour the whole thing into a two-litre bottle for easy storage, or you can opt to decant it into smaller spray bottles.

Spray the cleaning product onto any surface, leave for five minutes, and then rinse it off.

The whole recipe can be found on the back of a Lectric washing soda bag, which is available from most supermarkets like Woolies or Coles.

dm9cXHviF2lA1eIG3U9U5R8gfbr2Viao1NtX3pY0JbRiwdf6_WHIbfKaEzQH7KJXYTesWNIYFpfnGXJFWZM_t9XNXRmo2C813jQALJgcd2eCg2digNE21gX82g1A2CxuHSHMUPWD

The Lectric Washing Soda sells online for $3.99. Photos from Facebook / Mums Who Clean.

The recipe for the all-around cleaning product was shared in a Facebook cleaning group, with many people testifying for how amazing the ‘miracle’ spray is.

“Just another reason I love OMFG spray, also known as miracle spray,” wrote one person, who also shared before-and-after photos of cleaned range hood filters.

“Sounds amazing; I’ll definitely be giving it a try and experiment with what else I can clean with it,” said another, while a third person added, “Miracle spray. Google it. Amazing.”

Another group member who was unfamiliar with the product commented and said they were impressed by the ‘miracle’ cleaning product, saying: “What’s OMFG spray? I need to do that; I can never get them that clean. Brilliant good job!”

Many others joined in and shared their satisfaction of the miracle spray. They said the cleaning product worked amazingly on soft furnishings, tiles, kitchen appliances, and even shower screens.

Whether you call it miracle spray or OMFG Spray or anything else, the one thing everyone seems to agree on is that it does the job for a fraction of the price of commercial cleaners.

We think we get where the ‘OMFG’ name came from; this product seems like it is unbelievably good! It can also be made at home for a fraction of the price of commercial cleaners. Time to head to the supermarket, folks!
Sounds almost too good to be true but I'm going to give it a whirl.