Rave about this ALDI's Special Buys discovery: '$130 for all this? Take my money’

There's something about the allure of a good bargain paired with quality that can make even the most reserved shopper sprint to the aisles of their local store.

Occasionally, we stumble upon limited-time items that promise exceptional value, and such is the case with a recent range that reappeared in supermarkets.

This revival sparked excitement among cooking enthusiasts and bargain hunters alike, who are eager to seize this opportunity while it lasts.

On June 8, Aldi re-released its coveted Cast Iron Cookware Special Buys range, and it wasn't long before word spread about the exceptional value and quality of these kitchen essentials.

The range, known for its durable three-layer enamel coating, includes various items such as Cast Iron Trivets ($7.99), a Cast Iron Frypan ($19.99), a Cast Iron Dutch Oven ($26.99), and a Cast Iron French Pan ($34.99).

unnamed (2).png
Aldi brought back its Cast Iron Special Buys range. Credit: @shayhetherington_ / TikTok

Designed to be suitable for all stovetops, these pieces are versatile and a stylish addition to any kitchen.

Shay Hetherington, a delighted customer, couldn't contain her excitement as she 'ran' to Aldi to secure her collection.

Her enthusiasm was palpable as she took to social media to share her haul with her followers.

‘$130 for all this? Take my money,' Hetherington said.

She wasn't the only one captivated by the collection's charm and affordability.

Social media buzzed with praise for Aldi's Cast Iron range, as many users shared their own experiences and color preferences.

‘Man, Aldi Australia always delivers the best products. I’m lucky if my Aldi has the stuff I need two weeks in a row.’ one said.

‘I got the set in green,’ another commented.

‘I got these last winter on sale for $6 each at Aldi. They’re a year old and still work so well. Absolute bargain. We got purple!’ a third added.

‘Nothing is better than an epic Aldi Special Buy,’ one noted.

However, not everyone was able to obtain these items, as one person lamented their absence in their local Aldi.

‘I got this set too. I love white. Such a healthy way to cook.’ one person on social media said.

‘I’m obsessed with them. Hoping my local store has some left this weekend. I got the pan and roasting dish in green,’ another said.

Another person commented they owned the green set and that, even after two years, it is ‘still going strong’.

You can view Hetherington's video here:

Credit: @shayhetherington_ / TikTok

In related news, ALDI recently launched an 'ALDImania' streetwear collection, branching out from their usual Special Buys offerings.

The collection features a variety of apparel, including hoodies, sweatshirts, track pants, and accessories. Check out all the items here.
Key Takeaways

• The Aldi Cast Iron Cookware Special Buys range is a highly anticipated and regularly recurring collection that attracted avid shoppers.
  • Items in the range feature a three-layer enamel coating and are suitable for all stovetops, with prices varying from $7.99 to $34.99.
  • Shoppers, including Shay Hetherington, have praised the value and quality of Aldi's Cast Iron range, with positive reviews shared on social media.
  • The Cast Iron range comes in various colours, with the white and green sets particularly highlighted by customers as their favourites.
Have you had the chance to try out Aldi's Cast Iron range? What are your thoughts on the quality and value for money? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Reactions: Ezzy and Lock L
Sponsored
I agree, the range is great value and excellent quality but this special was available a few weeks ago. So don't be disappointed when you expect to see it until next time they are on sale. 😁

Reactions: Lotty
The heavier, the better. Same goes for frying pans and skillets. Those flimsy thin gauge aluminium things should be thrown in the garbage bin. May as well cook on a piece of foil!
My stainless steel cookware are a heavy quality and not thin. I use thick based Anolon and Baccarat brands. Not cheap either. I won't use non stick, but other people like them.