That is really good news I'm sure he will recover now. Calling mum in a few minutes.

Did they give you any idea on Vet cost? What is now costing mum is for special vitamins he will need for the rest of his life , his name is Brutus
It's really hard for them to estimate as every dog is different. Firstly it depends where the bite is, how long the Tick has been there and the dogs overall health. Whether they need to be on a drip like my little Tommy, need oxygen or other interventions. The minimum is estimated as $1000 and it could go as high as $4-5000. I've paid $1000 up front and will just have to wait and see what happens, they said they would call me if they had to do anything more. Princess has had a pill ($15) that will keep her safe for a month and I have in my online shopping basket a bunch of pills for both of them, six months cover $202 just waiting to see if he recovers before I buy them.

It's really hard for them to estimate as every dog is different. Firstly it depends where the bite is, how long the Tick has been there and the dogs overall health. Whether they need to be on a drip like my little Tommy, need oxygen or other interventions. The minimum is estimated as $1000 and it could go as high as $4-5000. I've paid $1000 up front and will just have to wait and see what happens, they said they would call me if they had to do anything more. Princess has had a pill ($15) that will keep her safe for a month and I have in my online shopping basket a bunch of pills for both of them, six months cover $202 just waiting to see if he recovers before I buy them.
Just spoke to mum it's Animal welfare league number is 02 8899 3333 this is for NSW they paid $1500 and mum paid $500

Reactions: Ricci
She said they will pay at least 75 % maybe more due to them being rescue dogs. She said they are open 7 days aweek . She said they were Amazing and very caring

• Love
She also said if he is eating and weeing then that's a very good sign
He has managed a wee on his own this morning but still cannot swallow. they say he has picked up enormously and they may well try a bit of food this afternoon to see how it goes. It's sounding hopeful, if he can eat he can come home and do the rest of his recovery here.🤞

I rang the number you gave me. They said they couldn't help unless I was prepared to sign him over to them as a medical surrender which I don't want to do. They said to wait until tomorrow and then call the branch that covers my area, they may have some spare cash and be able to help but they doubted it. I'll try the Branch tomorrow, if you don't ask you definitely don't get! :)

I rang the number you gave me. They said they couldn't help unless I was prepared to sign him over to them as a medical surrender which I don't want to do. They said to wait until tomorrow and then call the branch that covers my area, they may have some spare cash and be able to help but they doubted it. I'll try the Branch tomorrow, if you don't ask you definitely don't get! :)
Strange because it was only 6 months ago they helped mum. It was the RSPCA that put her onto them

If need be I will ask mum to call who she spoke to tomorrow

• Love
It will get better I promise. I'm sure there will be a good solution 😉. I wished I lived closer to you
Have just heard from the Vet, they are happy to discharge him tomorrow morning, I'll get a call when he's ready to be picked up. :) The total fees won't be quite as bad as I was thinking. I'll have to find another $750 and change.;)

Reactions: Suzanne rose
It's ok, just shows the way my life has been going lately!!
When Brutus was sick he hadn't eaten properly fir 2 weeks and he was just laying in his bed in mums room.

When mum took him to the vet he had a drip put in and they did test and told mum he probably wouldn't make it, but they would try what they could they warned her she could end up paying up to $5000

He was kept there for I think 5 days and mum was told by a friend to contact the animal welfare league
She did not want to lose him. They found out it was a liver problem gave him antibiotics and another medicine.

She was freaking out about the cost even after they said they would help as the Animal welfare hadn't told her how much they would pay.
The Vet said all she owed was $500 the rest was paid .
Mum has always had dogs atm they have 3. 2 are my brothers
Funny thing mum has always looked after her dogs better than her kids.

Just keep thinking positive ❤

Have just heard from the Vet, they are happy to discharge him tomorrow morning, I'll get a call when he's ready to be picked up. :) The total fees won't be quite as bad as I was thinking. I'll have to find another $750 and change.;)
That's so good. I'm pretty sure you will get the rest paid like I said I can ask mum to call the lady she called if you get nowhere tomorrow 🙂