Quick spring gnocchi

Are you on the lookout for a filling meal that also has lots of greens? I feel like we don’t often come across a meal that fills you up, but is also loaded with greens so you know it’s good for you! But you know what members, I think I’ve found the perfect meal. This easy and quick way to make spring gnocchi will not only fill you up, but will provide you with a bunch of great vitamins and minerals thanks to the healthy greens - asparagus, snap peas and pesto!

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 10.00.02 am.png
Deliciously green gnocchi! Image source: Taste.com.au.

Ingredients
500g pkt gnocchi
2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
300g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
300ml thickened cream (or light cream if you’re looking for a healthy alternative. Did you know, you can also use greek yoghurt for an even healthier alternative to cream too?)
1/2 cup (130g) basil pesto

Method
  1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the gnocchi , asparagus and peas and cook for 2-3 mins or until the gnocchi rises to the surface of the water. Drain well.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the cream in a large frying pan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until cream boils and thickens. Add half the pesto and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Add the gnocchi mixture and gently toss to combine.
  3. Divide the gnocchi mixture among serving bowls. Drizzle with the remaining pesto and season to serve.
  4. Enjoy!

Sponsored
Basil pesto and pasta is an easy meal to make, as I always have the ingredients. I add garlic and any of tomato, lettuce, egg, peas etc.
I'll make the gnocchi, asparagus and peas, but my favourite way to have potatoes is my Grannie's Tatty Scones.
Recipe: Mashed potato and enough flour to bind, then pat out into thin pancakes and fry in butter. Serve with additional butter. They're delicious!

Reactions: Ezzy