Queen Mary conceals her face in one of her public appearances. What happened?

Queen Mary of Denmark has been living her best life as a monarch, along with her husband, King Frederik X.

The Australia-born queen has been a subject of fascination among Aussie royal enthusiasts.

However, her recent public appearance raised several questions about her well-being.

Queen Mary of Denmark made her first public appearance after a horse-riding accident which left her with visible injuries.

This incident came after another alarming event, where she got knocked to the ground by a scooter in Greenland.

The Queen's recent string of accidents has put her fortitude to the test.

compressed-queen mary.jpeg
Queen Mary of Denmark had a barely-visible Band-Aid placed on her jaw. Image Credits: Ritzau Scanpix

As she attended the funeral of former Court Chief Per Thornit in Copenhagen, Queen Mary had a large bandage covering a graze along her jawline.

Despite the Band-Aid matching her natural skin tone, its rough texture was hard to miss and hinted at the injury.

The horse-riding accident occurred at her home while resting between royal tours.

The scooter incident happened during a visit to Greenland's capital, Nuuk.

Queen Mary was struck by a scooter driven by an elderly man, to which she fell in front of her youngest children, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine, and the crowd.

Onlookers were horrified as the Queen cried out and fell.

Yet, in regal fashion, she quickly regained her composure and stood up.

Her security team intervened to prevent the scooter from moving further.

The scooter driver—more shaken than Queen Mary—expressed his confusion over the event.

He initially wanted to reach out to the Queen but inadvertently hit his scooter's accelerator.

Despite these back-to-back accidents, the palace media team confirmed that Queen Mary did not sustain major injuries and continued her scheduled engagements as usual.

However, Queen Mary concealing her injuries spoke volumes about her commitment to her royal duties, even in the face of pain.

Queen Mary's ability to maintain her poise and carry on with her responsibilities is a testament to her strength of character.

We can all learn something from Queen Mary's example.

Life can be unpredictable, and we may face a series of challenges that test our mettle.
Key Takeaways

• Queen Mary of Denmark made her first public appearance during former Court Chief Per Thornit's funeral in Copenhagen after sustaining a horse-riding injury.
  • She had a large, skin-tone bandage covering a graze on her jawline.
  • Prior to the horse-riding accident, the Queen was knocked to the ground by a scooter during a visit to Greenland.
  • Despite the recent accidents, Queen Mary continued with her royal duties as scheduled.
Have you had experiences where you had to brave through your commitments? Share your thoughts and stories of resiliency with us in the comments section below.

Sponsored
Has anybody considered that the Queen may have cut herself shaving??

Queen Mary of Denmark had a barely-visible Band-Aid placed on her jaw. Image Credits: Ritzau Scanpix
Might have been a small hickey.
As she attended the funeral of former Court Chief Per Thornit in Copenhagen, Queen Mary had a large bandage covering a graze along her jawline.
Might have been a big hickey.
So, what was it, small or big??

Queen Mary conceals her face in.....​

Yet I can still see her mouth, nose and eyes. She concealed SOMETHING on her face!

I remember being at work on a Saturday and being the busiest day of the week in bridal the shop was full of brides and their entourage. I was around 50 at the time

As I always wore on a Saturday I had my stiletto shoes on. Another consultant had left her podium out. I carrying an arm of wedding dresses for my bride ,tripped over it and land flat on the floor.
I was sooo embarrassed that I quickly got up and rushed back to my bride with everyone asking if I was OK.

As the day went on I noticed the pain in my knee getting worst. Lucky I kept flat shoes at work. It wasn't until I sat down for a quick coffee break that I realised how bad it was. I could not get back up. I called my husband who had to go into Sydney cbd to pick me up. We went straight to the medical centre who then sent me straight to the hospital.
There was nothing broken . They wrapped my knee up and sent me home with pain relief and told me to rest it.

Monday morning I was still in pain and was limping badly but still went to work.
( if I knew what I do today I wouldn't have been so loyal to my bosses)

The pain in my knee continued and it also felt like I had a tight band wrapped around my knee . I had nothing wrapped around it.

A couple of months later I was send for an mri and discovered I now had cartledge damage.

I can nolonger wear stilettos although for my kids weddings,, I will still wear them for a short time .

I never went for compo infact I was one of those who worked when I was sick, not being for the money but more so I wouldn't let my colleges or bosses down.

Although our bosses didn't treat or respect us

• Wow
Reactions: CliffE
I remember being at work on a Saturday and being the busiest day of the week in bridal the shop was full of brides and their entourage. I was around 50 at the time

As I always wore on a Saturday I had my stiletto shoes on. Another consultant had left her podium out. I carrying an arm of wedding dresses for my bride ,tripped over it and land flat on the floor.
I was sooo embarrassed that I quickly got up and rushed back to my bride with everyone asking if I was OK.

As the day went on I noticed the pain in my knee getting worst. Lucky I kept flat shoes at work. It wasn't until I sat down for a quick coffee break that I realised how bad it was. I could not get back up. I called my husband who had to go into Sydney cbd to pick me up. We went straight to the medical centre who then sent me straight to the hospital.
There was nothing broken . They wrapped my knee up and sent me home with pain relief and told me to rest it.

Monday morning I was still in pain and was limping badly but still went to work.
( if I knew what I do today I wouldn't have been so loyal to my bosses)

The pain in my knee continued and it also felt like I had a tight band wrapped around my knee . I had nothing wrapped around it.

A couple of months later I was send for an mri and discovered I now had cartledge damage.

I can nolonger wear stilettos although for my kids weddings,, I will still wear them for a short time .

I never went for compo infact I was one of those who worked when I was sick, not being for the money but more so I wouldn't let my colleges or bosses down.

Although our bosses didn't treat or respect us

Oh Suzanne Rose, that is terrible. Unfortunately the adrenaline kicks in and we just get up if able and get on with it. When you said your knee got worse as the day went on l was thinking you did some real damage.
It's a shame you didn't put in a claim because you may have a lot of trouble in later years with that knee. The bosses would not have cared as long as you turned up and did your job.
My husband was self employed as a tradesman. He injured his knee at work. Like yourself was in agony knew he had done something good and proper. Kept on going. One night he turned at the kitchen bench to go to the fridge and went down like a bag of spuds the pain in the knee was horrendous. And he is not a sook. He had torn the ligament and cartilage in the knee. Ended up off work for six weeks to let it recover. We had to withdraw money from his super to get by. It's amazing what a fall can do to the body.
I am sorry that happened to you.. Stay in your flat shoes darling. Not as far to fall 🤣
I truly hope you don't have trouble in the future with your knee.
Kind regards Vicki

I have always been extremely clumsy, and able to trip over my own feet without any trouble, this was not so much of a problem when younger as I could easily pick myself up and carry on as if nothing had happened, now however it is a real problem, with 2 damaged knees I find it impossible to pick myself up as easily as before and I have to hope there is someone around to help me. Yesterday while exiting the local pharmacy I completely missed the curb on the edge of the footpath and landed heavily on my side, my first thought aside from total embarasment was oh no how am I going to get up again, luckily there was no shortage of people rushing to help me so I was soon sitting up on the pavement before being helped to stand again, I was so ashamed of being so clumsy as too miss the curb but still so gratefull that so many people were willing to help me, I managed to laugh about it with them blaming my feet for losing their radar but inside I was mortified at my clumsiness, my paliative care team when hearing what had happened tried to convince me to accept a walking stick or personal shopping trolley/cart. I dont need help to walk I just need help to convince my feet to go in the same direction that I want to go!!
Oh Gaena, my poor friend, are you alright? Please be careful, thinking of you.
Trish 🥰

Oh Geana darling, do yourself a favour buy a walker. You may feel you can walk alright but your feet don't know which way they are meant to go. Darling it will help you so much. Believe me they are not embarrassing to use. I had to start using one on my 50s due to having no balance. Better than risking a fall and breaking a bone. No more embarrassing moments. We really should not be embarrassed when we fall. People are so kind and rush to help us because they are concerned not laughing at us.
To be honest l have got past the embarassment. I go into a panic about how l will get up. As l have no hope of getting up.
I truly hope you are not to bruised and sore today darling. Take it easy for the next few days.
Love to you Vicki
I use a walking stick, which works for now, because of arthritis which means my walking is very slow. Yesterday at the shops I had to nip into an aisle to get out of the way of a woman with a walker who was coming up fast behind me and too close for comfort. I kept seeing her as she whizzed around that shop but I don't know if others had to get out of her way. What she'd be like with a mobility scooter I dread to think about 😂

After 15 falls some in public places. I have to ask for help to get up as once l am down l cannot get up. The worst was at the top of an escalator. Very embarrassing. A beautiful lady offered to help. I said darling you won't be able to pull me up alone a lovely man came along and said. I better help you get up. I truly felt this kind man was trying not to make a fuss as he could see l was dieing of embarrassed. With their help l had a seat then just got on with it..l was very shaken up. I found out some time later l had a small fracture in the lower spine l believe it happened that day.
Another time l was walking my late dog l seen a dear elderly man in my neighbourhood. Yelled out good morning next thing l am flat on my face. Luckily a meter reader walked around the corner just as l fell. Between these two beautiful men they got me up. After many thank yous as soon as I walked around the corner heading home l cried every step l took between disbelief pain and embarrassment. Another time caring for my grandkids l slipped on something on the floor in my daughter's kitchen trying to stop the fall l bruised all my arms trying to hang onto the benches. No down l went. Thank goodness my daughter had a carpet cleaning man upstairs. I had to get my grandson to go up stairs and ask the man to help me. The fellow was fantastic. Again hide the tears and embarrassment. Felt like a fool. But had no choice but to get on with it. Thank heavens the rest of falls have been at home. Where l can just let the shock and tears and frustration out.
Sometimes like Mary we have no choice but to be as gracious as we can whether you are a Royal or just an average person.
Take care everyone.
Kind regards to all Vicki
Goodness girl I think you've had enough falls. To last a long time. I can get up but it's not pretty as I have 2 knee replacements. I mostly fall at home. Thank goodness.😀

Reactions: youngy650
Goodness girl I think you've had enough falls. To last a long time. I can get up but it's not pretty as I have 2 knee replacements. I mostly fall at home. Thank goodness.😀
I am hearing you darling, l have had one knee replacement the other knee is had the gong. But l am not going back for another one.
They don't tell us after the operation you can't get down except fall down.
Well l hope no more falls😲 but l expect more because l am leaning to the right due to a curved spin like an old bent 🌴 tree. Is what it is. Luckily l have a bit of padding to protect the old worn out bones.
All good take care darling.
Kind regards Vicki.

After 15 falls some in public places. I have to ask for help to get up as once l am down l cannot get up. The worst was at the top of an escalator. Very embarrassing. A beautiful lady offered to help. I said darling you won't be able to pull me up alone a lovely man came along and said. I better help you get up. I truly felt this kind man was trying not to make a fuss as he could see l was dieing of embarrassed. With their help l had a seat then just got on with it..l was very shaken up. I found out some time later l had a small fracture in the lower spine l believe it happened that day.
Another time l was walking my late dog l seen a dear elderly man in my neighbourhood. Yelled out good morning next thing l am flat on my face. Luckily a meter reader walked around the corner just as l fell. Between these two beautiful men they got me up. After many thank yous as soon as I walked around the corner heading home l cried every step l took between disbelief pain and embarrassment. Another time caring for my grandkids l slipped on something on the floor in my daughter's kitchen trying to stop the fall l bruised all my arms trying to hang onto the benches. No down l went. Thank goodness my daughter had a carpet cleaning man upstairs. I had to get my grandson to go up stairs and ask the man to help me. The fellow was fantastic. Again hide the tears and embarrassment. Felt like a fool. But had no choice but to get on with it. Thank heavens the rest of falls have been at home. Where l can just let the shock and tears and frustration out.
Sometimes like Mary we have no choice but to be as gracious as we can whether you are a Royal or just an average person.
Take care everyone.
Kind regards to all Vicki
A falls prevention class may help you.