SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
G

Gezzabel

Mar 23, 2023
Qantas Rip-off

I wanted to warn our members, about the big Qantas rip-off. My young daughter has MS, and walks with a stick. Her husband decided that she deserved a wonderful trip to Disneyland with her 2 young children. To reserve your seat on the flight, it’s an extra $60 per person to have a seat allocated. My daughter is disabled, and $260 is a lot for a young family to bear the cost. I am so angry with the flying Kangaroo, it’s hardly the spirit of Australia 🇦🇺. She needs assistance with bathroom, and requires wheelchair at airports. I am disgusted with Qantas, and will never fly again with them. Please read the fine print. What do you members think about this. How much greedier can they get? Jezabel.

Qantas have been going downhill. I was a Qantas person but now a Virgin traveller. Singapore Airlines have a charge for allocating seats but it is $20 or $30. They will be charging for their awful food soon

They have indeed been going downhill dince that Irish man took over. As retired pensioners who travel alot I was denied a pillow and blanket when feeling tired after having our flight delayed for 6 hours extra on our already 4 hours and although we were in business class I was continually woken to ask if I wanted a drink! Their care had also fallen badly.

• Sad
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Disgraceful treatment of your daughter but as so many are refusing to fly with them now, I guess they’re using these charges as a way of trying to make up the loss. They’re an embarrassment to Australia. I refuse to fly them.

Reactions: DEL boy and maherdj
Not the same Qantas and probably never will be. Whilst I was caring for my dying husband they took over 300,000 points off me saying that they had expired apparently they needed my points more. Shame on Qantas.

They have indeed been going downhill dince that Irish man took over. As retired pensioners who travel alot I was denied a pillow and blanket when feeling tired after having our flight delayed for 6 hours extra on our already 4 hours and although we were in business class I was continually woken to ask if I wanted a drink! Their care had also fallen badly.
I can hardly believe that you didn’t get a pillow and a blanket….especially in business class….it’s usually a given in economy never mind business class…..that’s bad…..also, if you were clearly asleep the staff should have left you….however it’s Qantas we’re on about here so maybe you should have asked them to leave you be and wake you up at a certain time, with a meal or a drink, and that’s okay, it’s part of what you pay for in business class. I have to say that I’ve not flown Qantas for quite a few years….on one occasion I put my light on for a flight attendant….I can’t remember what it was I wanted, probably a drink, the thing was that he said that wasn’t his job and he’d find out whose it was….no one came…so I put my light on again…. and the same person came, so I told him that I didn’t care whose hat he was wearing, I was a passenger and I was asking for something and if it’s a problem then just ask the head cabin attendant to see me……needless to say he didn’t and I got what I’d asked for…..I think he thought that because he was Australian and so was i, that it was okay to treat me as an equal, and that would have been okay if I wasn’t a paying passenger…..I mean you expect to be treated in a certain way when you’re paying for a service…..it left a bad taste in my mouth for the trip and was the catalyst that drove me to use most other airlines, but not Qantas, and I’ve read a lot of negativity since then……sad….

• Angry
Reactions: DEL boy
If that's the case it's pretty bad gone downhill. Normally when you fly Business Class they give you a drink and something to eat as soon as your seated and blanket and pillows are on your seat when you arrive. In their complimentary bag there is a sign Do Not Distrub that you can place on the side of your seat and they don't distrub you.