Qantas CEO’s brand new $19m mansion covered with eggs and toilet paper after SERIOUS controversies

Not even the CEO of a major airline is safe from being at the receiving end of petty crime.

A harbourfront property owned by Qantas’ Chief Executive Alan Joyce has been targeted by a vandal who covered his home in raw eggs and toilet paper.

There has been speculation circulating that the attacker who struck the home on Monday night could have been a disgruntled passenger or a furious ex-employee but police are yet to reveal any leads on the culprit.

It followed after the Australian national carrier was slammed for treating their employees poorly during the pandemic and reducing their overall service quality since international borders opened up and flights returned.

The airline allegedly pocketed $855 million in JobKeeper from taxpayers despite letting go of roughly two-thirds of its 30,000-person workforce when the tourism industry went downhill as a result of the pandemic.

Unions have criticised Qantas’ heartless approach to saving money. The airline company also found itself in hot water after outsourcing 1,683 ground crew worker jobs – a move that the Federal Court later on deemed illegal.

LrwznBj8A6yUG9wxiX6mOrpe-10W3dquVwphr4oAh6T3Zu0NYykJJYY_fr2mOaK5UBDqguhLz8bwVAlN5kqSfZVL9h21kmFcpVuO6ji1xBBRxRLmZnCrALRREn9584ysY46AzJhiklF3qCsAw8g
Tu85Ht-EV6p9fNDIWXGwTXQuxfzv_p4rbdJC8H63dcJqBTjFjuExOiMVXjL_6cd917G8Dw_oDfYyW5gOCz9XFlDn22U-QikgmradciQ4bJevJkaZlZlJA9y0Eo5tUs0jqA0We2wd6vZOPufJcE8

The CEO’s mansion was covered in eggs and toilet paper. Image Credit: news.com.au

Transport Workers Union national secretary Michael Kaine explained that under Mr Joyce, “Qantas has led a years-long war on workers to control the decline in wages and conditions in aviation.”

Back in 2018, Mr Joyce was revealed to have taken home a salary of $24 million, which he linked to the airline’s strong performance. Cost-cutting has since seen his salary drop to $2 million.

Mr Joyce and his partner relocated from their inner-city apartment in The Rocks to a $19m six-bedroom mansion. The property boasts a home cinema, its very own wine cellar, and a double garage. The home also nests a private jetty and shark-netted sea pool.

TCIqDar6Z8EHc8qVPfy911rDZhN2owySYVkX4UGiDtyxEmWtg57nbwcnuJGQrDs6G3dB3afJM6ddfdD4MgmXoi7PmVQLYS5wll_a1Kmte1lvo4jKV6meHvUPsIAZCudr2dNVx1KX45_6OK6SxAc

Mr Joyce’s $19m mansion. Image Credit: news.com.au

Their neighbours spotted splattered eggs along with long lengths of toilet paper on the roof of Mr Joyce’s mansion on Tuesday morning. The garage door was also smothered with bits of fruit and another unknown substance.

Plenty of users sympathised with the Qantas boss after the details of the incident made the rounds online.

“This is disgusting. What a horrible thing to do,” commented one, with many more agreeing.

“Vandalism, no matter what form, is not good,” chimed another.

But others were amused by the act.

“Qantas worker here,” wrote one. “Poor guy… Maybe he can send his outsourced workers to clean it.”

Another sneered: “I’m sure he will just use cheap labour-hire to clean it!”

What are your thoughts on this story? Do you agree that the incident is disgusting or was it bound to happen after the airline’s controversies? Let us know in the comments!

Watch Mr Joyce defend his decision on cutting down employees with the video below:

Video Credit: 7News Australia

Sponsored
Whilst I believe that all vandalism is wrong I can't help but think this is the act of either a disgruntled employee or traveler. I definitely think that Qantas should be made to repay all the Government money they received as we're in enough debt as a nation while Qantas can still afford to pay its executives such extravagant salaries.:mad: .

Following the cancellation of my flight from Brisbane to Hong Kong back in 2019, after the start of the pandemic, Qantas refused to give me a refund, even though it was written in black and white that they would do so. After numerous correspondence and denials I was forced to eventually file a court order in Sydney. After several weeks Qantas rang to tell me that they had "inadvertently" refunded my fare. What a "careful" choice of words !

Following the cancellation of my flight from Brisbane to Hong Kong back in 2019, after the start of the pandemic, Qantas refused to give me a refund, even though it was written in black and white that they would do so. After numerous correspondence and denials I was forced to eventually file a court order in Sydney. After several weeks Qantas rang to tell me that they had "inadvertently" refunded my fare. What a "careful" choice of words !
Glad you finally got your money refunded. Qantas is a joke and it is impossible to contact them by phone as you are on hold for hours only to be given the wrong advice by someone overseas who cannot do the job. After five calls and about 15hours on hold, I still haven’t had a satisfactory result although I have been told each time that my refund was activated. Won’t use Qantas if there is another alternative. Disgraceful lack of customer service!

It is time to Vote with your $$$$ no longer will I ever support Qantas, after over 50 years of loyalty, I am totally switching over to Virgin, me, my family and friends and my company. We will never, ever, fly Qantas whilst they are treating their Aussie employees in such an odious and unfair manner. Equal job, Equal pay! Get with the program, Aussies take care of each other, and it is clear to me that Alan Joyce who is a Scotsman will never fully understand the Aussie way of doing things! Get rid of Alan Joyce and we will reconsider, but whilst he is in charge - he who has no understanding of Aussie mateship and comraderie, I am flying VIRGIN.

Reactions: Ricci
Please take the time to watch Four Corners and educate yourself about what is going on at Qantas behind the scenes. The workers are no longer cherished or valued, merely chattels that are moved from one plane to the next, and the original Qantas Family that once was has been decimated. It is all coming down to the Bottom Dollar, and the lowest price that can be paid to Staff yet expecting them to work longer hours, with greater responsibility and termination threatened if they do not comply! And it starts from the Top - right from the Pilots down to Cabin Crew and mechanics! This had to stop or Qantas will fast become the Airline who has the WORST SAFETY RECORD due to Alan Joyce and his cost-cutting measures!

Reactions: Ricci and Pommyoz
Please take the time to watch Four Corners and educate yourself about what is going on at Qantas behind the scenes. The workers are no longer cherished or valued, merely chattels that are moved from one plane to the next, and the original Qantas Family that once was has been decimated. It is all coming down to the Bottom Dollar, and the lowest price that can be paid to Staff yet expecting them to work longer hours, with greater responsibility and termination threatened if they do not comply! And it starts from the Top - right from the Pilots down to Cabin Crew and mechanics! This had to stop or Qantas will fast become the Airline who has the WORST SAFETY RECORD due to Alan Joyce and his cost-cutting measures!
If ALL the business operators boycotted this airline, maybe Alan might just see through his pebbled glasses mistakes he has made. It was once a very respected airline as to safety.

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
It is time to Vote with your $$$$ no longer will I ever support Qantas, after over 50 years of loyalty, I am totally switching over to Virgin, me, my family and friends and my company. We will never, ever, fly Qantas whilst they are treating their Aussie employees in such an odious and unfair manner. Equal job, Equal pay! Get with the program, Aussies take care of each other, and it is clear to me that Alan Joyce who is a Scotsman will never fully understand the Aussie way of doing things! Get rid of Alan Joyce and we will reconsider, but whilst he is in charge - he who has no understanding of Aussie mateship and comraderie, I am flying VIRGIN.
Um... Agree with your sentiments but Alan Joyce is Irish, not Scots!:)