Until I'm too old and decrepit to care, CASH will always be king! I will be 76 soon, fortunate enough to still be very active and have all my faculties, so online shopping is not my thing!
That’s fine Flash. I personally don’t like having too much cash on me these days so keep a bit for emergencies but that’s all. Glad to hear that you’re still active, my husband is 75 & runs rings around my brother who’s 10 years younger. It’s important to keep moving and laughing isn’t it?

Good idea. Im wondering how safe paypal is. I have my debit card attached and I often worry about something going wrong and losing more money than I should.

Reactions: PattiB
Good idea. Im wondering how safe paypal is. I have my debit card attached and I often worry about something going wrong and losing more money than I should.
I’m sure someone will come up with PayPal being a problem but I’ve not had any problems at all. I’ve been using it for years & have a strong password plus an automated code that is sent before I can login. Must admit I tend to only shop on reputable Australian sites. One can only try & stay safe online & I believe in adapting to the world we live in as best I can. My husband & I refuse to be too scared to try new ways, our son would give us a good talking to if we didn’t. Life can be worry sometime can’t it? Good luck using PayPal.

Google pay or Samsung pay is a much safer option to use for shopping. Your phone needs a pass code or finger print to use it. If you lose your debit card it can be used within minutes and the balance is gone. One good reason why you should keep a low balance on the debit card. If you lose your phone your info is safe and you have time to notify the bank. I never use cards for online transactions, only PayPal.

I don't get any account keeping fees on any of my accounts.
I must admit I need to keep my wits about me when doing internet banking.
As I have to do my husband's and daughters banking as well.
They both have a pension account, as well as savings, along with my three,and as I self managed my daughter's NDIS plan there is also an account for that, eight in all, gets a bit confusing at times.
Oh wow, that would keep you very busy I'm sure, especially if you have a job as well!

Actually I did exactly that after having 2 other bank accounts hacked, guess what they managed to hack that one as well, so I bought a post office credit card, + they hacked that also. I’m sure it’s my name !

Try pay pal
I've had emails from Paypal telling me that my purchase is acknowledged when, in fact, I have not used Paypal for any transaction. They have my email address and name correct but not my address. I ignore these emails and can only suggest that someone has scammed Paypal. Please be careful whatever method of payment you use to purchase on line.

So where do you transfer the money from (to that $10 account)- another bank account lol? Unfort none of us get paid wages/Clink in cash these days so I guess you're saying withdraw ALL of your wages/payments in cash & use that to live & if need to online purchases to pay bills etc you then deposit the amount of the bill before purchasing?
Sounds rather inconvenient & time consuming?
Or am I missing something?
I think they mean additional account, to your normal account; you transfer the money from your normal account into a debit account. Initial deposit is $10 and additional amount just to cover what they buy.

Reactions: maherdj
Oh wow, that would keep you very busy I'm sure, especially if you have a job as well!
I'm 77 now so no job, thankfully.
Hardly have time to scratch myself as it is. I am constantly on the road doing 2-3 hour trips (one way) taking my daughter or husband to medical appointments
No peace for the wicked, so they say