Princess Catherine breaks silence about prolonged absence

The recent revelation that Princess Catherine, the Princess of Wales, has been diagnosed with cancer sent shockwaves across the globe, casting a shadow of concern over the Royal Family.

The announcement, which came after much speculation and a conspicuous absence from the public eye, has highlighted the balance the royals must maintain between their public duties and private struggles.

For months, the health of Princess Catherine, 42, had been a topic of whispers and concern, particularly after her absence following a 'planned' abdominal surgery in January.

Kensington Palace's initial statements did not disclose the full extent of her condition, describing it as 'non-cancerous' and assuring the public that the Princess was recovering well.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 7.12.01 AM.jpeg
Princess Catherine, the Princess of Wales, broke her silence about her prolonged absence. Credit: @KensingtonRoyal / Twitter

However, in a heartfelt video announcement, Princess Catherine shared that cancer was detected in the results following her surgery.

‘William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family,’ she said.

The royal couple sought to manage the situation privately, waiting until the school holidays began to discuss the matter with their children—Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, eight, and Prince Louis, five—in an age-appropriate manner.

‘It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment,’ she said.

‘But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be okay.’

The Princess of Wales also spoke candidly about the need for time to recover from major surgery and to begin ‘preventative chemotherapy’. However, it remained unclear when she learned about her condition.

Preventative chemotherapy, formally known as adjuvant chemotherapy, is a course of anti-cancer drugs given to clean any cancer cells that may have remained in the body after primary cancer treatment.

A significant detail in Kate's announcement suggested another reason she might have kept the real reason for her long absence secret for such a long time.

‘William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family,’ she said.

While her type of cancer has not yet been disclosed, King Charles’ prostate cancer diagnosis was revealed in February.

King Charles expressed his pride, saying he was ‘so proud of Catherine for her courage in speaking as she did’ after spending time in the hospital together for their respective treatments.

As both royals stepped back from their official duties to focus on recovery, with Princess Catherine not expected to return to public engagements until after Easter, the outpouring of support worldwide has been immense.

In Kensington Palace's statement, it said: ‘The prince and princess are both enormously touched by the kind messages from people here in the [United Kingdom], across the Commonwealth and around the world in response to Her Royal Highness’ message.’

‘They are extremely moved by the public’s warmth and support and are grateful for the understanding of their request for privacy at this time.’

You may watch Princess Catherine’s video below:

Credit: @KensingtonRoyal / Twitter

Key Takeaways

• Catherine, Princess of Wales, made a public announcement revealing her cancer diagnosis after undergoing abdominal surgery.
  • There was prior speculation about her health, and the official statement from Kensington Palace did not initially mention cancer following her surgery.
  • Kate explained the delay in revealing her diagnosis was to manage the situation privately and wait for an appropriate time to inform their children during the school holidays.
  • The Princess requested privacy for her family as she undergoes treatment, aiming to return to official duties after Easter, while Kensington Palace acknowledged the public's support and understanding.
We extend our heartfelt wishes to Princess Catherine for a full and speedy recovery.

What are your thoughts on this story, members? Share them in the comments below.

Last edited:
Sponsored
PEople in the Harry and Meghan camp are already claiming the Princess of Wales is lying.. Just a cover up for what's really going on with her broken marriage... .. Surely even their last gullible supporters must be able to see how poisonous those two are.....

Illness such as this is bad enough without rumour mongers doing their worst.
Cancer is diabolical whether one wears a crown, or not.
Speaking from experience with 3 family members succumbing over a 2 year period, priorities become clearer. Be there for those you love, support their treatment the best way you can and everything else has to wait in the wings.
Ultimately, the Royals are indeed family. They need time to heal.

It was very brave for Kate to speak up about her medical condition as the speculation by the media got worse . I wish her the very best and she’ll have a full recovery so she can continue the lifestyle as usual . I’m sure she’ll have support from William and the rest of her family.

So sad for Catherine, as for anyone else who receives a cancer diagnosis. Hopefully she has a good recovery and the press leave her alone. It was absolutely disgraceful the way the press has carried on so far since she had her hospital stay. She did look very pale and gaunt in her video, she is obviously not well and it is going to be hard enough on her and her family being able to come to terms with this sad news without the false stories and insinuations they have already had to deal with continuing.

So sad for Catherine, as for anyone else who receives a cancer diagnosis. Hopefully she has a good recovery and the press leave her alone. It was absolutely disgraceful the way the press has carried on so far since she had her hospital stay. She did look very pale and gaunt in her video, she is obviously not well and it is going to be hard enough on her and her family being able to come to terms with this sad news without the false stories and insinuations they have already had to deal with continuing.
not only the press but the public as well.

PEople in the Harry and Meghan camp are already claiming the Princess of Wales is lying.. Just a cover up for what's really going on with her broken marriage... .. Surely even their last gullible supporters must be able to see how poisonous those two are.....
which rag did you get this information from?

For me, like many other people l am sure, this news came as a shock. Speculation was that Catherine may have had a hysterectomy but cancer was never mentioned. This horrible illness knows no boundaries.

She was brave to sit in front of the camera & tell the World of this condition. 'Tis a shame that those who saw a chance to get rich by breaching regulations tried to open her files in Hospital.

The facts have now been revealed & the Media need to leave the family alone to come to terms with this news. The children needed to be told at an appropriate time. Rumours of problems in the marriage may have been the strain William was under to keep this news from leaking out for the sake of the children. Anyone who has been diagnosed with this will know that they may have a manner in which people need to be told, how & when.

When my father suicided my wife & l visited each of our girls at home after they returned from work & told them separately. Getting them all together for this or phoning each with the news wasn't possible & didn't seem appropriate. We could then let them absorb this news in comfortable surroundings.

Not sure how this is surprising news at least it's not to me, said all along to my friends 'I'll bet you anything you like that she has cancer' and I was proved right. Only reason I reckon she kept it quiet this long was because the dewb that replaced the Queen wanted to hog the spotlight & have all the attention on himself and hopefully gain public sympathy. Now the world knows about Catherine's battle the focus is no longer on him but on her as she & William will always be a hell of a lot more popular.

Reactions: Gsr
Life in a Gold Fish is never easy.
Princess Katherine has managed very well in dealing with what essentially should be a Private Life Situation. I think she is an Extra Special Lady, who adds Grace and an extra positive Persons to the Royal Family.
I wish her a speedy recovery, with a complete return to her Role as a very popular Royal who enjoys what she does
with being able to talk to people in a relaxed and natural way .

My takeaway on this
Gossip Mongerers leave Kate alone
Let her rest and recover
Its all over the news, why should SDC repeat same? Gossip. Hate it!!

Reactions: Rob44 and Gsr
Well I hope she just uses CBD oil and not partake in the deadly poisonous made from a world war 1 toxic gas treatment, it may work for some but most of the time the cancer will return... CBD oil works most of the time with no nasty side effects

Jaz, my carer is a 3 times Cancer survivor. with having 3 different types of Cancer over 5 years. first he had a loaf of bread sized tumor on his left kidney which he treated with CBD oil & got rid of any nasties that might have been left over, then he had a Melanoma removed from his back, then he had the big C enter the lymph nodes on his left arm which were all stripped except one from his arm. He luckily has been well looked after by the hospital since then with lots of follow up appointments. He has been Cancer free for a good 5 years but he keeps on with the hospital visits just to make sure.

Anybody who makes negative comments about Her Royal Highness needs to stop and think, that Cancer is no respecter of
Persons.
It has the ability to attack anyone at anytime, it is what it is .we are all in line for this dreadful disease. Some may get through without a problem, but it should at least have a positive attitude for those
People who have the misfortune to be attacked by this insidious condition
A positive Vibe is to uplift and strengthen the person whe has Cancer. In this
difficult situation. Positively will win the day over time. Believe it and it will happen.
So after all that, encourage and uplift
Catherine in this fight against this horrible germ that wants to hurt and destroy her.

Think positive thoughts, support her by your willingness to believe that all will be
well and she will be completely free of this disastrous complaint.in time.
Our Prayers are so imperative at this time
I personally feel she will recover 100%.
because of the positive attitude of those people who choose to make positive
Inroads to help her in her battle against
this current disease.o