This sounds delicious Trish! Do you have any more info on how to do the pastry? Or would it be easier just to buy readymade pastry?
A rough pastry is plain flour, olive oil, salt & water mixed together in the food processor. Makes a lovely crunchy crust that a bought pastry won’t do!

• Love
Reactions: Xe
The 2 ingredient party dip brought back memories from the 70’s.
Who remembers that famous 70’s dip that was all the rage.
Sour cream and a packet of French onion soup, groovy baby.
That sounds so simple yet delicious. Is that really all there is to it?

Christmas Miniature Puddings:
800g dark fruit cake, crumble and add ½ to ¾ cup sherry, brandy, or whatever, till it is suitable to roll in your hand into little balls. Melt white chocolate and pour a bit on top of each ball, decorate with a piece of red cherry.

Christmas Miniature Puddings:
800g dark fruit cake, crumble and add ½ to ¾ cup sherry, brandy, or whatever, till it is suitable to roll in your hand into little balls. Melt white chocolate and pour a bit on top of each ball, decorate with a piece of red cherry.
This sounds divine :) I don't suppose you have a recipe for the fruitcake too?

Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake

Serves: 16 Slices
Cost per Serve: approx. $2.80

Ingredients

Base

250g Pkt of Chocolate Ripple Biscuits

100g Melted Butter

Filling

1 dsp Gelatine Powder

⅔ Cup of Lukewarm Water

350g Milk Chocolate (chopped)

60g Dark Chocolate (chopped)

500g Cream Cheese.

350g Condensed Milk

300ml Thickened Cream

Procedure

• Crush Biscuits until fine crumble remain.
  • Combine Butter and Biscuits. Press into the base of a 26cm Spring Form Tin. Then place in fridge to set. (Spring Form Tins are the best to use, easier to get the cheesecake out)
  • Whip the Cream and place bowl in fridge.
  • Melt the Chocolates over hot water, and allow to cool slightly.
  • Start beating the Cream Cheese and slowly pour in the Melted Chocolate until light and fluffy.
  • Then pour in Condensed Milk, while mixer is running.
  • Place lukewarm water in a large bowl and Sprinkle Gelatine over water, mixing Gelatine as you sprinkle. Stir until all dissolved.
  • Remove Bowl from Mixer and slowly fold in the Gelatine water.
  • Then Fold in the Whipped Cream.
  • Once all Ingredients have been blended, Pour mixture onto the Biscuit base.
  • Place in Fridge for setting.
  • Note: Once set, the Cheesecake may be placed in the Freezer.
Time Frame: 2 hours approx.

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake

Serves: 16 Slices
Cost per Serve: approx. $2.80

Ingredients

Base

250g Pkt of Chocolate Ripple Biscuits

100g Melted Butter

Filling

1 dsp Gelatine Powder

⅔ Cup of Lukewarm Water

350g Milk Chocolate (chopped)

60g Dark Chocolate (chopped)

500g Cream Cheese.

350g Condensed Milk

300ml Thickened Cream

Procedure

• Crush Biscuits until fine crumble remain.
  • Combine Butter and Biscuits. Press into the base of a 26cm Spring Form Tin. Then place in fridge to set. (Spring Form Tins are the best to use, easier to get the cheesecake out)
  • Whip the Cream and place bowl in fridge.
  • Melt the Chocolates over hot water, and allow to cool slightly.
  • Start beating the Cream Cheese and slowly pour in the Melted Chocolate until light and fluffy.
  • Then pour in Condensed Milk, while mixer is running.
  • Place lukewarm water in a large bowl and Sprinkle Gelatine over water, mixing Gelatine as you sprinkle. Stir until all dissolved.
  • Remove Bowl from Mixer and slowly fold in the Gelatine water.
  • Then Fold in the Whipped Cream.
  • Once all Ingredients have been blended, Pour mixture onto the Biscuit base.
  • Place in Fridge for setting.
  • Note: Once set, the Cheesecake may be placed in the Freezer.
Time Frame: 2 hours approx.
Okay I am definitely trying this one! Cheesecake is one of my favourite things on earth!!

3 Ingredient banana bread!

5 ripe banana's into a mixing bowl, mash them.
Add one can condensed milk.
then add 2 and a half cups self raising flour.
Add some cinnamon if you like....
mix until ingredients are combined.
Place into a greased loaf tin lined with baking paper.
Place into a pre-heated oven @ 180 degrees Celsius for approx 45-50 minutes
until a skewer comes out clean. Let cool then slice! enjoy!

Great for people who cannot have eggs.

3 ingredient Fruit Cake. (16 pieces approx.)
( I use it for my Christmas cake as well by using 1/2 iced coffee & add other half Baileys)

Ingredients​

• 1 kg (6 cups) dried mixed fruit see recipe notes
  • 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) iced coffee see notes
  • 265 g (2 cups) self-raising flour

Instructions​

• Place the mixed dried fruit into a very large bowl. Add the iced coffee (or liquid substitute) and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge overnight.
  • Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
  • Stir the self-raising flour through the fruit mixture and pour into the prepared tin.
  • Bake for approximately 1 hour (see notes) or until the cake feels firm in the middle and a skewer inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.

RECIPE NOTES

Mixed dried fruit- can be bought pre-packaged from the dried fruit/nuts section of any major supermarket. I like to use the Sunbeam Mixed Fruitthat contains sultanas, currants, raisins, orange peel, lemon peel and glace cherries.

Iced coffee -I like to use a store-bought iced coffee that is slightly sweetened for this recipe. There are many different brands of iced coffee that you can use, including: Big M, Farmers Union, Dare, Ice Break, Starbucks etc.

Iced coffee substitutes - if you prefer, you can substitute the iced coffee with: juice (orange, apple, pineapple etc), black tea, coffee or chocolate milk.

Adding alcohol - a splash of alcohol can be added to the mixture. These all work well: brandy, whisky, sherry, dark rum, orange-flavoured liqueur, Baileys Irish cream, Kahlua or port.

Preparation time - This recipe need to be started the day before baking as the dried fruit needs to soak in the liquid overnight.

Storing the cake - This cake can be stored for up to 1 month. To store, simply wrap in foil or place into an airtight container at room temperature.

Freezing -Simply wrap the completely cooled cake in a layer of plastic wrap and then two layers of foil and freeze for up to 3 months.

Serving the cake - Serve at room temperature or warm it up and serve with a drizzle of cream or custard (brandy custard is delicious too).

Baking the cake - Cook at 160 degrees celsius fan-forced (320 degrees fahrenheit). If using a conventional oven (not fan forced) increase the temperature to 175 degrees celsius (350 degrees fahrenheit).

Cooking time - Cooking time can vary from 1 hour up to almost 2 hours (normally 1 hour -1 30 minutes) depending on your oven. The cake is cooked if the middle is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.

If the cake is browning too much - loosely place a sheet of foil over the top and continue cooking.
3 ingredient Fruit Cake. (16 pieces approx.)
( I use it for my Christmas cake as well by using 1/2 iced coffee & add other half Baileys)

Ingredients​

• 1 kg (6 cups) dried mixed fruit see recipe notes
  • 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) iced coffee see notes
  • 265 g (2 cups) self-raising flour

Instructions​

• Place the mixed dried fruit into a very large bowl. Add the iced coffee (or liquid substitute) and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge overnight.
  • Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
  • Stir the self-raising flour through the fruit mixture and pour into the prepared tin.
  • Bake for approximately 1 hour (see notes) or until the cake feels firm in the middle and a skewer inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.

RECIPE NOTES

Mixed dried fruit- can be bought pre-packaged from the dried fruit/nuts section of any major supermarket. I like to use the Sunbeam Mixed Fruitthat contains sultanas, currants, raisins, orange peel, lemon peel and glace cherries.

Iced coffee -I like to use a store-bought iced coffee that is slightly sweetened for this recipe. There are many different brands of iced coffee that you can use, including: Big M, Farmers Union, Dare, Ice Break, Starbucks etc.

Iced coffee substitutes - if you prefer, you can substitute the iced coffee with: juice (orange, apple, pineapple etc), black tea, coffee or chocolate milk.

Adding alcohol - a splash of alcohol can be added to the mixture. These all work well: brandy, whisky, sherry, dark rum, orange-flavoured liqueur, Baileys Irish cream, Kahlua or port.

Preparation time - This recipe need to be started the day before baking as the dried fruit needs to soak in the liquid overnight.

Storing the cake - This cake can be stored for up to 1 month. To store, simply wrap in foil or place into an airtight container at room temperature.

Freezing -Simply wrap the completely cooled cake in a layer of plastic wrap and then two layers of foil and freeze for up to 3 months.

Serving the cake - Serve at room temperature or warm it up and serve with a drizzle of cream or custard (brandy custard is delicious too).

Baking the cake - Cook at 160 degrees celsius fan-forced (320 degrees fahrenheit). If using a conventional oven (not fan forced) increase the temperature to 175 degrees celsius (350 degrees fahrenheit).

Cooking time - Cooking time can vary from 1 hour up to almost 2 hours (normally 1 hour -1 30 minutes) depending on your oven. The cake is cooked if the middle is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.

If the cake is browning too much - loosely place a sheet of foil over the top and continue cooking.
I made this a few years ago, my husband loved it. Must do it again sometime.

Reactions: chezna
Chocolate Log for dessert
1 packet of chocolate ripple biscuits
coffee
warm water
cream for whipping
vanilla
Flake

method
dissolve coffee in warm water, whip cream add vanilla to taste, dip biscuit in coffee till it’s damp and coat biscuit with whipped cream. Arrange biscuits together in the shape of a log on their side, cover the rest of the log with the whipped cream and crumble the flake over the top. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. The biscuit goes like cake.
nice, quick and easy to make and tastes great.

Last edited:
My friend gave me this recipe, I have not done it yet, but they are delicious.

Milk Chocolate Florentino

2 cups cornflakes
1/3 cup sulatanas
1/3 cup glace cherries
¾ cup flaked almonds
½ cup condensed milk
1 tsp lemon rind.
Mix and put in paper pattie pans that are in a pattie tin.
Cook 12 minutes on 160c oven
Refrigerate for 30 minutes
Remove from refrigerator
Take off paper
Dip top in melted dark chocolate.

Spuds (the old loilys that everyone loves)

1 can condensed milk
coconut
icing sugar
cocoa to roll them in

Method
mix condensed milk with coconut and enough icing sugar to bind
Roll into balls
roll in cocoa
Put in airtight container
refrigerate 1 hr
keep outside fridge
last about 2 weeks

enjoy as gift giving or treating the kids and parents

Jill

Chocolate Log for dessert
1 packet of chocolate ripple biscuits
coffee
warm water
cream for whipping
vanilla
Flake

method
dissolve coffee in warm water, whip cream add vanilla to taste, dip biscuit in coffee till it’s damp and coat biscuit with whipped cream. Arrange biscuits together in the shape of a log on their side, cover with the rest of the log with the whipped cream and crumble the flake over the top. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. The biscuit goes like cake.
nice, quick and easy to make and tastes great.
ZanyLady, how much ingredients, for example how much coffee? How much vanilla? etc , etc

Reactions: Ricci
POROTOS CON PILCO ( Chilean dish)

- Number of servings. 4

-Approx cost per serving. $2

- Rough prep and cook time. 20 min.

INGREDIENTS :

1 tin of cannelloni beans, or Lima beans or any type of white beans. (drained).

1 medium onion chopped in cubes.

1or 2 garlic cloves.

1 cup of pumpkin cut in cubes.

1 cup of corn kernels.(I use frozen corn)

1 cup of green beans. ( I use frozen beans)

1 small piece of green capsicum, cut very small.

2 leaves of basil

Paprika, cumin, salt, pepper to taste.

Oil.

4 cups of boiling water.

(Instead of frozen vegetables you can use fresh ones, the same with the beans. If you use no tins beans you have to soak them overnight and cook them until soft)

METHOD

In a saucepan, fry the onions, garlic, capsicum, pumpkin, basil leaves, in the oil until the onions are transparent.

Add the corn and cook in slow heat for 5 minutes.

Add the green beans and the tin of beans.

Cook for a minute or so.

Add the boiling water and simmer for 10 or 15 minutes.

Eat with crusty bread ir just like that.
Enjoy it! Very nutritious!

My favourite dessert.
1640722137418.png
Description: Mum used to make this and it was one of my favourite deserts.

Source: Mum’s Handwritten Recipe Book

Yield: 1 large flummery or 8 small ones

Ingredients:
  • 1 x 85g packet raspberry jelly
  • 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
  • 1 x 375 mL evaporated milk
  • chilled fresh raspberries, to serve
  • yogurt or whipped cream, to serve
Instructions:
  1. Combine raspberry jelly crystals and boiling water in a medium bowl. Stir until fully dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until the consistency of a thick syrup (1-2 hours).
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat evaporated milk with slightly set jelly on high speed for approximately 5 minutes or until doubled in volume. Should be thick and glossy.
  3. Spoon into a large serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for a further 2 hours or until set firm. Serve with fresh raspberries and yogurt or whipped cream.
  4. Or spoon into 8 individual glasses, cover and refrigerate for another 2 hours or until firm set.
  5. To serve; top with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
Notes: Flummery can be flavoured with any of your favourite fruit flavoured jelly. Passionfruit is another popular choice.

• Love
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer