SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Post Mouth Surgery Food Suggestions

Good morning dear members! ❤️

One of our beloved members has recently undergone a massive surgery in her mouth, impacting everything from her jaw, to her lips, tongue etc. As a result, she can only eat very soft foods over the new few days at ROOM TEMPERATURE. I was talking to her on the forum, and she was telling me she is sick of jelly, yoghurt and melted ice cream. She also told me she isn't a fan of luke warm soup (understandably!).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what she could eat? That would be room temperature, soft and hopefully also enjoyable? Maybe you know of a soup recipe that tastes better at room temperature? Or maybe you've been through a similar surgery and have some personal suggestions!

Thank you so much for your help, I know this dear member will really appreciate it ❤️

One of our beloved members has recently undergone a massive surgery in her mouth, impacting everything from her jaw, to her lips, tongue etc. As a result, she can only eat very soft foods over the new few days at ROOM TEMPERATURE. I was talking to her on the forum, and she was telling me she is sick of jelly, yoghurt and melted ice cream. She also told me she isn't a fan of luke warm soup (understandably!).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what she could eat? That would be room temperature, soft and hopefully also enjoyable? Maybe you know of a soup recipe that tastes better at room temperature? Or maybe you've been through a similar surgery and have some personal suggestions!

Thank you so much for your help, I know this dear member will really appreciate it ❤️
Scrambled eggs.. don't need to be hot
Custard
Apple sauce
Salmon or tuna
Smoothies...using a metal staw to drink
Any pureed fruit or vegetables
Yoghurts.. a good source of proteins
Tin spagetti

I spoke to her yesterday and gave her my suggestions . One that would be good is stewed apple and custard and I know she has already been having smoothies.
I know she will appreciate any suggestions.

Also for those who believe in God please pray for a speedy recovery and for her to be cancer free 🙏 Thank you

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Most of them I have tried, with varying degrees of success. Having had most of my teeth taken out as well, and a mouthful of stitches I have to be extra careful. For the moment I have lost the ability to suck so using a straw is out of the question.

Thank you all also for your best wishes, They have helped me enormously as I battle this dreadful disease. ❤️

Most of them I have tried, with varying degrees of success. Having had most of my teeth taken out as well, and a mouthful of stitches I have to be extra careful. For the moment I have lost the ability to suck so using a straw is out of the question.

Thank you all also for your best wishes, They have helped me enormously as I battle this dreadful disease. ❤️
💕😘 You're in my thoughts xx

If you have been offered dietician support through Cancer services, take advantage of it, I found that they they can be irritating at times but are usually able to offer some suggestions that will help. Hope that you get past this soon, just remember that you are not alone, Sending best wishes and happy thoughts your way,

You can get Sustagen 'ready to drink' that come in a pack of 3 at woolworths.
Also, AdVital powder is good for when people aren't eating properly and unwell. It contains protein, vitamins and minerals and is Low GI. It's available at chemists. You can mix it up with milk or whatever cool drink you like.

Hope you feel much better soon. 👍

I wish this lady a quick recovery and my sympathy. I love pumpkin soup hot or cold and it can be frozen.

Risotto with soft ingredients - no corn kernels for example.

We're with you, @Ricci! Praying for your swift recovery 🙏

Hi Ricci, So sorry to hear of your health issues. Wishing you a speedy recovery.