If you could influence one thing, what would you choose?

• Stop the transition to all self-serve checkouts

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • More federal funding to support over 60s scam victims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better safety standards to prevent frequent recalls

• Bring back dedicated seniors-only shopping hours

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Greater support for veterans

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Increase the Australian age pension

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Improve public transportation accessibility for seniors

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Increase aged care support and funding / introduce regulations and transparency

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • More discounts on utility bills for seniors

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Better SMSF support

• Total voters
Poll: If you could influence one thing, what would you choose?

As Barak Obama once said:
'One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it changes a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.'

With that in mind, what would you choose if you could change or influence ONE thing?

We can't wait to hear from you. If you're already doing something to promote change, we'd love to hear about that too!
Mutual help and peace between all peoples, powers, and parts of the world.
I would also love to be able to go back and prevent/correct the many mistakes that I have made, and to thank and compensate all those who have cared for me, helped me, and looked after me and my loved ones.
Rob.

Last edited:

'One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it changes a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.'

With that in mind, what would you choose if you could change or influence ONE thing?

We can't wait to hear from you. If you're already doing something to promote change, we'd love to hear about that too!

Reactions: Jarred Santos

I would like to be able to influence people or elderly/ retirees/ jobseekers, etc, not to give up! Not to give up on trying and to choose life. 😂

We can't wait to hear from you. If you're already doing something to promote change, we'd love to hear about that

I would like to be able to influence people or elderly/ retirees/ jobseekers, etc, not to give up! Not to give up on trying and to choose life. 😂
I’d like to filter out and get rid of all the guilty local councils whom dispense of our rates with the own agendas at work completely in oblivion of the people their there to represent. Think of the $s saved

Find Homes for those can't afford a roof over their families head anymore - Due to Greed of home managers/ Owners
$ 400- 600 per week on a Pension income there is nothing left for Food etc even with Govt rent assist

Find Homes for those can't afford a roof over their families head anymore - Due to Greed of home managers/ Owners
$ 400- 600 per week on a Pension income there is nothing left for Food etc even with Govt rent assist
So true in my role as a “ full time ‘ volunteer through the. Local. Botanical gardens I’m invested in I’ve managed to have 3 homeless people moved into temp housing not ideal but it’s a start In. Melton here in Victoria we’ve a hidden facility that enables this to be done. Is it known about. Not likely. Again a backwoods council my point you see

So true in my role as a “ full time ‘ volunteer through the. Local. Botanical gardens I’m invested in I’ve managed to have 3 homeless people moved into temp housing not ideal but it’s a start In. Melton here in Victoria we’ve a hidden facility that enables this to be done. Is it known about. Not likely. Again a backwoods council my point you see
Yes I volunteer for St Vincent de Paul in Balranald NSW we assist those in need. Due to industries coming into our community which is good for future economy however in the last 10 days we have had 4 homes sold to provide workers- however those families have to move out with nowhere to go! Plus 4 itinerant men who have come thru hoping to find work. Our population is normally around 1200 Its a sad situation within lots of communities.

Their is a great danger that lTBQ may go all the way to Xenomorph as this too is an identified creature by many
Simply, world peace. Too many wars, too much death and destruction.
I totally agree, where are the Bolas type weapons that wrap up the legs or arms of someone, instead of electrocuting them?

I read once that Photons enter and excite atoms, so logically all we need to change attitudes is a photon energy stream pouring through our Earth , and sad and depressed angry etc will be uplifted by the resonance pouring through everyone.

We keep calling for World peace,I reckon that would do it.

World peace is when we all share in the experience of the one felt common understanding. So all we need is to all get entrained by Photons pouring through separating atoms, and that would happily lighten life up for everyone from then on.

All this talk about World Peace, made me think about it and well yeah, this photon belt is based in science, as being an evidenced fact. Nobody knows when such a celestial occurrence, may arrive but I really like that it could happen instantly at any time for everything to lighten up.

We just need a big ol' Photon energy stream to pour through our Earth and that's it.

The good thing is they scientists do reckon something energy shifting came through before and in less than one generation of Earth History, put backbones inside instead of Armour on the outside to lighten most creatures up, so another one (that I hope I'm here to be part of) would be great.

Yep, it's good to know that World Peace isn't just a world wish thing eh mate. Its a science fact that it's possible, because light (photons) excite matter. That's what creatures are made of and yep that's us.

The good thing is that none of this is rant or a fantasy at all. Because it's documented by science, we can google it.... To me

It's a positive thing for folks to hope for if times feel bleak.

I just nod at yeah that's how it could happen on earth.

Yes I volunteer for St Vincent de Paul in Balranald NSW we assist those in need. Due to industries coming into our community which is good for future economy however in the last 10 days we have had 4 homes sold to provide workers- however those families have to move out with nowhere to go! Plus 4 itinerant men who have come thru hoping to find work. Our population is normally around 1200 Its a sad situation within lots of communities.
Where we are it’s considered one of the biggest growing cities outside the Melb. CBD sadly it’s entering our gardens and I’m in a “ catch 22” as the heart goes out but it Contrary to council permits so reluctance steps in

I would like to influence weather events so there are no floods, bushfires, that there is rain everywhere it is needed to grow food etc, so not one person ever goes to bed hungry. I would like to influence the way leaders of some countries think they have the right to start wars, let there be peace worldwide. Lastly I would like to influence the lack of respect people show towards other people and for all people to realise life is precious and no one has the right to take another persons life for any reason.

I would like to influence weather events so there are no floods, bushfires, that there is rain everywhere it is needed to grow food etc, so not one person ever goes to bed hungry. I would like to influence the way leaders of some countries think they have the right to start wars, let there be peace worldwide. Lastly I would like to influence the lack of respect people show towards other people and for all people to realise life is precious and no one has the right to take another persons life for any reason.
So well said you should patent that statement and send it world wide for a lot of wisdom in there I once heard Common sense is not very common well you’ve just put it with intent 👏👏

To cease Job seeker payments after 12 months as there is no reason an able-bodied person in Australia cannot find work. There are too many families that believe it is their right to live of the taxes of those who do go to work.

To cease Job seeker payments after 12 months as there is no reason an able-bodied person in Australia cannot find work. There are too many families that believe it is their right to live of the taxes of those who do go to work.
Before I qualified for the old age pension, I believed that I was a valuable employee capable of any task given to me and the ability to learn new tasks quickly. I was chronically employable from the age of 16, with never a period of unemployment. However, when I returned to Australia at age 60, I finally got the message that I was useless after the first 160 job applications. Perhaps it could be thought I, too, believe it is my " right to live off the taxes of those who do go to work". Ceasing Job Seeker payments after 12 months for those who don't have a hope in hell of getting a job is cruel beyond belief.

World hunger
I saw the evidence proof that World Hunger mostly exists as a means of controlling and influencing the decisions of nations, and that given the land mass available on our planet there would be no such thing if people lived where food was easily able to be grown.

I think it was Alexader the Great who figured out that if people were brought inside places where no food was grown that commerce could more easily accrue for those in power.

Plus, getting people to serve their leadership for food would more easily occur and that people could be coerced into doing what they wouldn't otherwise do.

World hunger is deliberate. farrrrr too much money influence and power arise, as a result of people suffering for it to change without the world itself changing.

In Thailand they love eating Grasshoppers And sell them in the street. However instead of catching and selling them in Australia, we poison them as they are in plague proportions.

In survival shows like ALONE they make deadfall traps to kill a single mouse and while eating them after roasting, say directly to the camera how delicious they are. In Australia we Poison them as they are in plague proportions.

Many millions of people, world over, eat Carp, in Australia we poison them, as they are in plague proportions.

Food is quite literally everywhere but it takes a different mindset than what is being paid extremely well to sit and draw answers from computers, to even consider them an asset.

Here in our country instead of exporting them to counties in need we also poison rabbits, and shoot goats, camels, wild pigs and kangaroos from helicopters when they get to plague proportions and leave them where they drop.

Food is everywhere and this is just describing a few avenues from one country its WORLD POLITICS that stops food distribution.

Food however is not at all as scarce as we are led to believe. HUNDREDS of TONNES of good quality grain and fruit is also destroyed every year world over, because politics says people have to pay high prices. commonsense would allow STARVING nations to be fed.

but they won't It's all about the politics.

What a cruel comment not everyone on jobseeker are bludges.

I worked hard for many years , then had surgery which went terribly wrong.
Cut a story short after one year off work and using up all my savings I had no choice but to go on jobseeker. Every 3 months I need to hand in a medical certificate and at 61 I would give anything to work again. I loved my job and love working but it is impossible.
I have been waiting 4 months after applying for DSP.

Not all of us want to be on jobseeker but have no choice

Reactions: Pink lion