If you could influence one thing, what would you choose?

• Stop the transition to all self-serve checkouts

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • More federal funding to support over 60s scam victims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better safety standards to prevent frequent recalls

• Bring back dedicated seniors-only shopping hours

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Greater support for veterans

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Increase the Australian age pension

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Improve public transportation accessibility for seniors

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Increase aged care support and funding / introduce regulations and transparency

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • More discounts on utility bills for seniors

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Better SMSF support

• Total voters
What a cruel comment not everyone on jobseeker are bludges.

I worked hard for many years , then had surgery which went terribly wrong.
Cut a story short after one year off work and using up all my savings I had no choice but to go on jobseeker. Every 3 months I need to hand in a medical certificate and at 61 I would give anything to work again. I loved my job and love working but it is impossible.
I have been waiting 4 months after applying for DSP.

Not all of us want to be on jobseeker but have no choice

Cut a story short after one year off work and using up all my savings I had no choice but to go on jobseeker. Every 3 months I need to hand in a medical certificate and at 61 I would give anything to work again. I loved my job and love working but it is impossible.

She did say ABLE BODIED I worked as a brickies laborer when one arm was in a sling because I needed money to fix my van and so I worked out what job could I do that was nearby and figured out how to do it.
The brickie pointed at my arm in a sling and laughed the day I asked for a job. I worked two day hard to prove my worth mixing wheelbarrowing carting bricks one hand with a brick loader, raking out. I Stayed with him two years till my shoulder came good.
But not every job allows a person to do it. I read the article as able bodied people who don't want to work and just get the dole annoyed her. There are a lot of them>

BUT MOST just want employment as its good for the heart mind spirit as well as the pocket. I didn't feel she was having a shot at people who have genuine health issues, Thats how I read her comment, anyhow hey.

Reactions: Ricki

Suzanne Rose. So true what you say it’s a fairly insensitive outlook to cast all adrift after 12 months on Jobseeker in my volunteering role I’ve come across a number whom for quite genuine reasons cannot find employment You may well wait a long time for DSP approval I’m afraid but to “ tar all with the same brush “ somewhat harsh They’re not there by choice so maybe some should remove the Rose coloured glasses and have a deeper look

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Poll: If you could influence one thing, what would you choose?

As Barak Obama once said:
'One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it changes a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.'

With that in mind, what would you choose if you could change or influence ONE thing?

We can't wait to hear from you. If you're already doing something to promote change, we'd love to hear about that too!
I know it's not possible, unless an asteroid took out all the satellites, but I think society would be far better off without social media. The damage it's done to so many is heart breaking.

I would like like all the others no Facebook and let’s vote to first pass the post elections and let children be children without all this gender no essence being put on them.

Reactions: Pink lion
If I could change one thing I wouldn't allow a 5 year old boy to change to a girl and visa versa infant I wouldn't allow anyone under the age of 21 be transgender
We were made a female or male and it should be kept that way.

My son was teaching at a school in Sydney and was told they were having 3 transgender children that coming year . My son refused any involvement and actually resigned because of that reason.

Reactions: Pink lion
I heard the name Piers morgan being bandied about as his opinion to the gender debate being so bad. I wondered what he was saying about people that required the word they instead of him and her to be applied and over some time I have nonjudgmentally watched (from my perspective) logical reason repeatedly being presented and it seems I can't disagree at all as what is being presented to my mind is fact.

It is such a strange world now society is unravelling very quickly in America because of this issue and an entire generation is being bombarded by it as a media shower.

There is a cartoon called Zootopia that describes animals as citizens, It looks like art really does equals life.as they say.

I'm not one for lumping all into the same box at all however I do appreciate humour when it appears and Gen Z as the generation supporting this movement are called is interesting.
zzzzzzz identifies when writing it with sleeping or when one is heading off to dreamland and though it's not good as a long-term proposition for a society to dissipate into unconsciousness it also suggests that the next phase of societal development is where everyone is going to wake up!

lets just hope that happens or we will need a third toilet change room areas etc created throughout society until factions within factions enlarge that and others are required, and somebody has to go and clean up that shit.

And non transgender people could potentially refuse to do that and on and on it goes until the inevitable piles up.

It a strange time to be here alive watching all of this eh.

World peace. or
World hunger, or
Reverse climate control, or
on a local level
Increase pensions, or
Health in the 'burbs and bush, or
Reduce inflation, or
on a personal level
Get my health back, or
Be a whole family again.
World Peace