If you could influence one thing, what would you choose?

• Stop the transition to all self-serve checkouts

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • More federal funding to support over 60s scam victims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better safety standards to prevent frequent recalls

• Bring back dedicated seniors-only shopping hours

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Greater support for veterans

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Increase the Australian age pension

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Improve public transportation accessibility for seniors

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Increase aged care support and funding / introduce regulations and transparency

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • More discounts on utility bills for seniors

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Better SMSF support

• Total voters
SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Poll: If you could influence one thing, what would you choose?

As Barak Obama once said:
'One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it changes a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.'

With that in mind, what would you choose if you could change or influence ONE thing?

We can't wait to hear from you. If you're already doing something to promote change, we'd love to hear about that too!

'One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it changes a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.'

With that in mind, what would you choose if you could change or influence ONE thing?

We can't wait to hear from you. If you're already doing something to promote change, we'd love to hear about that too!
World hunger

Too many things to limit it to one................
1.Stop the "which gender am I question?' and let kids be kids for the short time they are. 2. Address the root causes of domestic violence and increasing street knife crimes. If there were training, job and housing security the frustrations that bubble over may be lessened. 3. Give my husband back his health.

Such a silly thing I guess but I would love everything to go back to before having farcebook.....causes so much drama even for those who don't have it!
I cancelled my Facebook about five years ago as they accessed my photos without my permission and since then GOOGLE mail (which is not operated by humans) and can't be contacted to inform them that I no longer have the phone number which verifies my account. Sigh ROBOTS should not ever be given jobs over humans.

I absolutely agree with everything everyone else mentions.

Isn't it ridiculous that so many companies and individuals don't pay taxes? And the gender debarkle, pfffft.

Our government to right now before a great calamity occurs create a building industry that pays people to innovate and create and then employ people trained to assemble modular housing, as we have previously discussed on this forum.

It's not difficult to resolve basically ALL problems relatively inexpensively and get to things done Faaaaast.. True.

Our government needs right now, to legislate into law, that people offer any time-tested solutions, so that current problems may be seriously considered.

At present if we are being consulted? it is through ridiculous questionnaires in surveys, geared to support often STUPID ideas, that do not at all invite input from us.

MILLIONS of people could be adding their life knowledge to assist support and help direct what our country does (like in a democracy) instead of only a few SAVANTS? whose only regular access to answers, comes from a computer, full of synthetic knowledge, that truly has no idea of cost effective OUT OF THE BOX solutions.

parents to teach their young, manners and respect. THEN we may have a better society. My wish.

Return our ridiculously defective electoral system to First Past the Post voting, so that we get what we vote for not an outcome defective due to preferential voting as proven at the last election.
I joined an emerging party (that collapsed) a couple of years back. I wasn't going to stay in it, I just wanted simply to be amongst those that established a 60%-40% voting system. I figured in a copycat world; others could see works to get things moving FAAAAst in a party room.

The current 51%-49% voting idea is ludicrous. How can ideas flow if there's a DAM pile up of objections and misdirection's at every corner.
IF its busy beavers, let them build up a strong 60% hold on to their vote to get homelife sorted properly.

RIGHT HERE. THIS IS OUR NATIONS PROBLEM...

Corporations and wealthy individuals (both Australian and overseas Nationals with their own agendas) currently only need to pay (often Ex politician) lobbyists to create the DAM stale mate that is blocking the flow of our economy RIGHT NOW.

It takes more than cahonas as the Mexicans would say. it requires common sense. Thats the only way to play fiddlesticks..
A computer hasn't scanned the concept yet, to understand.

parents to teach their young, manners and respect. THEN we may have a better society. My wish.
Out of curiosity Ricci, I feel to ask as we share the same opinion here. Did you read of my post re: my own early teenage years?

I had a distinct lack of respect for authority for years. How this dramatically turned around for me, is being done right now for many all around the world, in a way no sporting interests of any other type ever could. I wrote a book called "the true value of Martial Arts for self-Development" to help others to consider what I as a once highly Bombastic angry at the world male, soon discovered, had turned me around to take a good look at myself.

I would like to see everyone properly housed so that they can then go to work and employers be encouraged to take on older workers or be a bit more flexible for those with young children. Kids can have security of a home and school requirements to give them a chance in life. Enough money to feed your family and not to have to skip meals or prescription medications so people can remain healthy. When we came to Australia in 1965 it was always called "The Lucky Country". I believe it still is but we all need to rethink our priorities and those in positions of power to make the big decisions to reset some of those critical decisions.

Out of curiosity Ricci, I feel to ask as we share the same opinion here. Did you read of my post re: my own early teenage years?

I had a distinct lack of respect for authority for years. How this dramatically turned around for me, is being done right now for many all around the world, in a way no sporting interests of any other type ever could. I wrote a book called "the true value of Martial Arts for self-Development" to help others to consider what I as a once highly Bombastic angry at the world male, soon discovered, had turned me around to take a good look at myself.
I did read your post, but are you sure your comment should be aimed at me? You were replying to a post by @Jest!

Would like seniors to be employed with pension paid, as our counterparts in New Zealand, I have read somewhere on the internet world that pensioners are allowed to work as many hours they wished without losing their pension or entitlements.

I would stop racial discrimination. Everyone Australian should be Treated equally. No special privileges or funding. Everyone to assimilate and live in a non racist country. Stop apologising for events we had no control of. The only ones who can put this into place is the government. Definitely recognise each other’s culture from their countries and Australia.