People are swearing by this LIFE-CHANGING Scandinavian bed hack on TikTok! Could it be the key to great sleep?

In today’s stressful times, getting quality sleep seems like more of a tall order each passing day — and that’s when you’re sleeping all by yourself.

Those sleeping with their special others on the other side of the bed may come to discover that the smallest of their partners’ actions can ruin their sleep. And don’t even get us started on the usual triggers like snoring!

That said, some arguments that couples experience are usually caused by simple issues like sharing the same space under a single blanket, or sharing the bed at all for that matter.

While sharing a bed with someone is a great way to bond (putting it lightly, ahem), we also need our privacy sometimes, especially when it comes to sleep.

Well, fret not!

A Scandinavian-style 'hack' that has couples using two duvets instead of one has left TikTok users amazed after those practising the sleeping style swore that it not only helps partners sleep better, but also decreases arguments.

A Swedish woman named Cecilia Blomdahl shared the technique on the platform, and explained that this sleeping technique is apparently a common bedding style in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Just note that Cecilia first washed her bed covers before explaining the sleeping hack!

We bet you’re just raring to start, so here we go!

Screenshot_6.png
Cecilia spread her freshly-laundered fitted sheet on the bed as step one of this Scandinavian bed hack. Credit: TikTok/@sejsejlija

First, add a fitted sheet to the bed. If you’re the type particular about thread-counts, cotton is a universal favourite, with decent sheets numbering at about 200 to 800 counts.

Once done, skip the top sheet, and then add two twin duvets on top. Fold the two duvets lengthwise, then set them atop two halves of the bed.

Overlap the duvets in the middle of the bed so a small part of the blankets are left hanging off the edge.

This makes it possible for each person to be in the middle of their own duvet when sleeping.

Screenshot_7.png
She then folded two duvets in half and placed them on top of the fitted sheets – no top covers! Credit: TikTok/@sejsejlija

Lastly, add as many pillows as desired, then place a bed cover over the bed.

The post saw many reactions of amazement and awe, with some outright swearing by the method’s effects.

One user wrote: ‘Honestly, the first time I experienced two duvets was in Iceland and it was LIFE-CHANGING.’

‘This is how my husband and I do it too here in America. We can not share one blanket, we have to have at least two for our sanity,’ another added.

‘We recently got two duvets and it’s been the best choice for the longevity of our marriage,’ shared another.

Another one observed: ‘Two duvets save relationships.’

(Is this the end for marriage counsellors? Kidding!)

When you think about it, this Scandinavian bedding method is simply using two duvets or blankets in one bed.

This quite simple setup has the advantages of preventing those honestly frustrating midnight blanket tugs-of-war those in relationships can attest to (and the grumpy mornings after!).

Screenshot_8.png
Cecilia’s bed after adding a bed cover and some pillows to the duvet and bed sheet. Credit: TikTok/@sejsejlija

It also does allow some personal legroom in terms of choices for duvets and/or blankets. For sure at one point in your life, you’ve had to discuss if you prefer your bed sheets on the lighter side (for those who like sleeping a bit chilly) or heavier (for those who want things toasty).

This technique is also quite a smart compromise for those who prefer sleeping apart from their partners — you get your own part of a bed while staying technically in it with someone else!

Speaking of sleep, there are around 10 million Australians having a hard time getting some quality shut eye.

We don’t need anyone telling us what the effects of sleep are: irritability or moodiness, low energy throughout the day, difficulty concentrating… and the list goes on!

Key Takeaways

• TikToker Cecilia Blomdahl posted a video to her social media showing her over 1.8 million followers how to perfect the Scandinavian sleep method.
  • The Scandinavian sleep method, which involves sleeping with two small duvets instead of one large one, is claimed to help couples argue less and sleep more.
  • The method, which is most common in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, has shocked those outside of Europe who are used to using a single duvet.
  • The genius 'hack' left TikTokers in awe as many of them flooded Cecilia's comment section with words of praise for the sleeping method that seems to be a cure all and 'lifechanging.'
Well, what do you need to do to get good sleep?

For starters, you might want to lay off the screen time, especially a couple of hours before going to bed. The blue light that screens of gadgets like smart phones and laptops emit could actually disrupt our sleep by delaying the release of a sleep hormone called melatonin in our body.

Those of us who love a cuppa in the late afternoon should also avoid drinking tea or coffee as these drinks usually contain caffeine.

And of course, if sleeping problems persist, we encourage you to consult a doctor for a medical plan of action suited to your lifestyle.

pexels-photo-8078371.jpg
Sleep deprivation costs Australia $66.3 billion yearly over health and associated costs. Credit: Pexels/MART PRODUCTION

If you have time, be sure to check out some other stories we’ve written about sleep like the proper position to take (or is there even one?), the benefits that getting great sleep can give, and five more tips to achieve the best sleep possible.

Well, well, well... Are two duvets better than one? We don't know about you but this seems very enticing to us! Do you think this Scandinavian-style sleeping method is a good thing?

Share your thoughts, opinions, and maybe even sleeping tips in the comments section below!

Source: TikTok/@sejsejlija

Sponsored
We did this years ago with English doonas from Mothercare, before they were a “thing”in Aus. My ex liked lots of blankets and I didn’t, so he got a heavy doona and I had a lighter one. We didn’t bother with another cover on top. Perfect for a good night’s sleep all round!

In today’s stressful times, getting quality sleep seems like more of a tall order each passing day — and that’s when you’re sleeping all by yourself.

Those sleeping with their special others on the other side of the bed may come to discover that the smallest of their partners’ actions can ruin their sleep. And don’t even get us started on the usual triggers like snoring!

That said, some arguments that couples experience are usually caused by simple issues like sharing the same space under a single blanket, or sharing the bed at all for that matter.

While sharing a bed with someone is a great way to bond (putting it lightly, ahem), we also need our privacy sometimes, especially when it comes to sleep.

Well, fret not!

A Scandinavian-style 'hack' that has couples using two duvets instead of one has left TikTok users amazed after those practising the sleeping style swore that it not only helps partners sleep better, but also decreases arguments.

A Swedish woman named Cecilia Blomdahl shared the technique on the platform, and explained that this sleeping technique is apparently a common bedding style in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Just note that Cecilia first washed her bed covers before explaining the sleeping hack!

View attachment 7539
Cecilia spread her freshly-laundered fitted sheet on the bed as step one of this Scandinavian bed hack. Credit: TikTok/@sejsejlija

First, add a fitted sheet to the bed. If you’re the type particular about thread-counts, cotton is a universal favourite, with decent sheets numbering at about 200 to 800 counts.

Once done, skip the top sheet, and then add two twin duvets on top. Fold the two duvets lengthwise, then set them atop two halves of the bed.

Overlap the duvets in the middle of the bed so a small part of the blankets are left hanging off the edge.

This makes it possible for each person to be in the middle of their own duvet when sleeping.

View attachment 7540
She then folded two duvets in half and placed them on top of the fitted sheets – no top covers! Credit: TikTok/@sejsejlija

The post saw many reactions of amazement and awe, with some outright swearing by the method’s effects.

One user wrote: ‘Honestly, the first time I experienced two duvets was in Iceland and it was LIFE-CHANGING.’

‘This is how my husband and I do it too here in America. We can not share one blanket, we have to have at least two for our sanity,’ another added.

‘We recently got two duvets and it’s been the best choice for the longevity of our marriage,’ shared another.

When you think about it, this Scandinavian bedding method is simply using two duvets or blankets in one bed.

This quite simple setup has the advantages of preventing those honestly frustrating midnight blanket tugs-of-war those in relationships can attest to (and the grumpy mornings after!).

View attachment 7541
Cecilia’s bed after adding a bed cover and some pillows to the duvet and bed sheet. Credit: TikTok/@sejsejlija

It also does allow some personal legroom in terms of choices for duvets and/or blankets. For sure at one point in your life, you’ve had to discuss if you prefer your bed sheets on the lighter side (for those who like sleeping a bit chilly) or heavier (for those who want things toasty).

This technique is also quite a smart compromise for those who prefer sleeping apart from their partners — you get your own part of a bed while staying technically in it with someone else!

Speaking of sleep, there are around 10 million Australians having a hard time getting some quality shut eye.

We don’t need anyone telling us what the effects of sleep are: irritability or moodiness, low energy throughout the day, difficulty concentrating… and the list goes on!

Key Takeaways

• TikToker Cecilia Blomdahl posted a video to her social media showing her over 1.8 million followers how to perfect the Scandinavian sleep method.
  • The Scandinavian sleep method, which involves sleeping with two small duvets instead of one large one, is claimed to help couples argue less and sleep more.
  • The method, which is most common in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, has shocked those outside of Europe who are used to using a single duvet.
  • The genius 'hack' left TikTokers in awe as many of them flooded Cecilia's comment section with words of praise for the sleeping method that seems to be a cure all and 'lifechanging.'

For starters, you might want to lay off the screen time, especially a couple of hours before going to bed. The blue light that screens of gadgets like smart phones and laptops emit could actually disrupt our sleep by delaying the release of a sleep hormone called melatonin in our body.

Those of us who love a cuppa in the late afternoon should also avoid drinking tea or coffee as these drinks usually contain caffeine.

And of course, if sleeping problems persist, we encourage you to consult a doctor for a medical plan of action suited to your lifestyle.

View attachment 7538
Sleep deprivation costs Australia $66.3 billion yearly over health and associated costs. Credit: Pexels/MART PRODUCTION

If you have time, be sure to check out some other stories we’ve written about sleep like the proper position to take (or is there even one?), the benefits that getting great sleep can give, and five more tips to achieve the best sleep possible.

Well, well, well... Are two duvets better than one? We don't know about you but this seems very enticing to us! Do you think this Scandinavian-style sleeping method is a good thing?

Share your thoughts, opinions, and maybe even sleeping tips in the comments section below!

I have always had two duvets on our bed. Since 1966, when I first began using them .😊

Not a bad idea, although we manage fine with a summer doona plus a blanket. The bit I don't agree with is not using a top sheet! I tried it once and the doona kept slipping onto the floor! Also, you then have to wash your doona covers every week as they are against your skin, and my number one LEAST favourite household chore is wrestling the doona into the doona cover! Also I iron my doona covers, but I don't need to iron my sheets.

Glad to know it seems the two-duvet setup worked for both of you @Buff @Cess!

Not a bad idea, although we manage fine with a summer doona plus a blanket. The bit I don't agree with is not using a top sheet! I tried it once and the doona kept slipping onto the floor! Also, you then have to wash your doona covers every week as they are against your skin, and my number one LEAST favourite household chore is wrestling the doona into the doona cover! Also I iron my doona covers, but I don't need to iron my sheets.

Amen to wrestling the doona @ElleJay , always a challenge! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ricci
For my queen size bed I swapped out the queen size duvet for a super king size. It gives plenty of room and has more than enough hanging down the sides to keep you covered and snuggly all night. Gone are the nights spent tugging the covers to get some personal coverage and everyone sleeps better. :)

For my queen size bed I swapped out the queen size duvet for a super king size. It gives plenty of room and has more than enough hanging down the sides to keep you covered and snuggly all night. Gone are the nights spent tugging the covers to get some personal coverage and everyone sleeps better. :)
Same here. I always buy a size bigger.

I agree with having the top sheet too. When I make my bed I do a fitted sheet...flat sheet....doona (not in a cover) and then the cover over the top. ( I too hate putting the doona back into the cover and this saves soooooo much time. When we were in Holland the bed was made with just a flat sheet and each of us had a doona, worked great but was the middle of summer and sooooooo hot. When the cleaning lady came around I had to ask for a flat sheet to sleep with as I just can't sleep without something over me.

Well, fret not!

View attachment 7539

View attachment 7540

View attachment 7541

Key Takeaways

View attachment 7538

Done it one better..... Separate rooms.... LOL... works for us

Well, fret not!

View attachment 7539

View attachment 7540

View attachment 7541

Key Takeaways

For starters, you might want to lay off the screen time, especially a couple of hours before going to bed. The blue light that screens of gadgets like smart phones and laptops emit could actually disrupt ou sleep by delaying the release of a sleep hormone called melatonin in our body.

View attachment 7538

My daughter who is 23 has been sleeping like this for years. So it appears that it isn't just her but many of her generation are already sleeping like this

Reactions: Ricci