Gezzabel

Mar 23, 2023
PayPal scam.

I often use PayPal because of its security features and good track record. Nevertheless,! I have been hacked. Someone in Canada. I only use a debit card, but the scammers tried to spend 2,000uS on my account. I was alerted by PayPal of suspicious activity, so I had to block my debit card, then cancel the card. I’m still waiting for a new card from the bank. To my fellow readers, please be careful! PayPal is not as secure as you think. Gezabel.

We use only PayPal because of the security offered so this is a real concern to us.
Is there any additional info given to you by PayPal you can share please.
Did you receive the normal notification email from PayPal of the payment at the time of the so called purchase?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

For almost 2 decades I have used PayPal for its security. Initially and it remains now, that security comfort was because I did not have to use my credit card details at multiple online stores. PayPal was the gateway that hid all my data. Doesn't mean it's 100% safe, just a whole lot safer.

The story does not have enough detail other than to give one some concern. It would seem that no $ were lost and it was PayPal that alerted their customer. The main concern by the person is one of inconvenience re not getting a cancelled bank plastic back yet.

Would be really useful if full details were provided pin pointing exactly how it all happened and Paypals role in the event. Did they do well or were they at fault? Only the person reporting the event knows that info. Apart from PayPal and the would be failed scammers. There is a bank involved as well??