Pasta with broccoli and feta

I absolutely love a nice, light pasta for my dinner. It fills me up without making me feel sick and is always tasty. The thing I love about this recipe the most, is that it's filled with broccoli which we all know is good for us, has a bit of spice (which I love, but you can skip if it’s not your thing) and actually has a little bit of feta in it, instead of the heavier cheeses we usually have with our pastas, which I think is a great little thing to try! So let’s take a look at the recipe, shall we?

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 10.50.03 am.png
Enjoy a delicious, healthy, light pasta tonight! Image source: Taste.com.au.

Ingredients
500g broccoli, trimmed, washed
400g dried orrechiette pasta (or your pasta of choice)
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
125g reduced-fat Greek feta cheese, crumbled

Method
  1. Cut broccoli into small florets.
  2. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender, adding broccoli for the last 4 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta and broccoli to a pan.
  3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
  4. Add feta and the leftover pasta water to the pasta mixture. Stir to combine. Serve drizzled with oil mixture.
  5. Enjoy!

Sponsored
I will be trying this over the weekend it sounds YUM but will need to tell porkies to my husband about there being no meat in his bowl, he refuses to eat any meal unless he can see the meat. Can anyone in the forum give me ideas on how I can explain the no meat in this dish or suggest some type of substitute ingredient that I can use? I thought maybe adding pan fried mushrooms before serving it and hopping that it does not spoil the flavour of the dish, please no advice involving Tofu as I will not eat that and I know he will not either

Reactions: Ricci
I absolutely love a nice, light pasta for my dinner. It fills me up without making me feel sick and is always tasty. The thing I love about this recipe the most, is that it's filled with broccoli which we all know is good for us, has a bit of spice (which I love, but you can skip if it’s not your thing) and actually has a little bit of feta in it, instead of the heavier cheeses we usually have with our pastas, which I think is a great little thing to try! So let’s take a look at the recipe, shall we?

View attachment 6381
Enjoy a delicious, healthy, light pasta tonight! Image source: Taste.com.au.

Ingredients
500g broccoli, trimmed, washed
400g dried orrechiette pasta (or your pasta of choice)
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
125g reduced-fat Greek feta cheese, crumbled

Method
  1. Cut broccoli into small florets.
  2. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender, adding broccoli for the last 4 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta and broccoli to a pan.
  3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
  4. Add feta and the leftover pasta water to the pasta mixture. Stir to combine. Serve drizzled with oil mixture.
  5. Enjoy!
When giving us recipes could you please state how many serves. Abig help when only one or two. Also if we can freeze extras. T.I.A.

I will be trying this over the weekend it sounds YUM but will need to tell porkies to my husband about there being no meat in his bowl, he refuses to eat any meal unless he can see the meat. Can anyone in the forum give me ideas on how I can explain the no meat in this dish or suggest some type of substitute ingredient that I can use? I thought maybe adding pan fried mushrooms before serving it and hopping that it does not spoil the flavour of the dish, please no advice involving Tofu as I will not eat that and I know he will not either
Maybe try chopped bacon