Passenger reveals ‘disgusting’ truth about back-to-back flights with Qantas

When it comes to flying, people all hope for a smooth and comfortable journey, particularly when they choose to fly with reputed airlines that promise quality service.

But for one passenger aboard Qantas, the reality was far from expectations, not just once but on two separate occasions.

A recent complaint from a Qantas passenger has left fellow Australians feeling queasy.

The traveller, who was flying from Sydney to Brisbane and then from Darwin to Adelaide for work, shared their 'revolting' experience on two consecutive Qantas flights.

The passenger's grievances ranged from being served an 'inedible' breakfast to being seated near a leaking air conditioning vent.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 123239.png
The disappointed Qantas flyer said the food was ‘inedible’. Image: Reddit

The passenger, who was understandably shocked, took to a social media page dedicated to the airline to share their experience.

They posted images of the air conditioning vent stuffed with paper napkins, a grimy closed window, and the 'soggy mess' that was served as breakfast.

'All I can say with my recent experience is EW,' they wrote.

'If you look at the breakfast closely, hash brown is a very soggy mess and it’s my first time eating an egg that doesn’t resemble any food I’ve ever ingested. Trust me it is bad.'

The passenger also shared a photo of what appears to be a curry with potatoes served in a box on their tray table.

'The breakfast was inedible and I’m not usually fussy with food,' they added.

'The potatoes were ok.'

While a few people on social media claimed they would 'smash that feed', the majority agreed that the passenger’s experience looked 'revolting'.

'This is nightmare fuel! And you pay for it!' one person commented.

'That’s uniquely bad for Qantas,' another said.

'I've had better looking meals at Taco Bell for $10, and they have refillable drinks!' a third person wrote.

Another customer chimed in with their own experience and said: 'I was sitting in my dirty seat that I paid an arm and a leg for just a few nights ago. Eating my “dinner” in a box,' they recalled.

'Then I opened the Qantas in-flight magazine to see $1,980 shoes and $45,000 watches.'

Meanwhile, just last month, Qantas was offering a $3,827 refund to a couple who claimed they sat in urine during a long Qantas flight from Bangkok to Sydney.

'All our international aircraft are cleaned between each flight, including vacuuming seats and disinfecting surfaces. We are looking into what has occurred and have raised the issue with our cleaning supplier in Bangkok, which cleaned the aircraft prior to departure,' a spokesperson said.

The recent complaints highlight the need for airlines to maintain high standards of cleanliness and food quality.

Remember, when you're next preparing for takeoff, keep a vigilant eye on the condition of your surroundings and don't hesitate to speak up if the quality isn't up to scratch.

It's in every traveller's interest to demand and receive the high standard of service you've paid for.

Key Takeaways

• A Qantas passenger expressed disgust over the quality of service on two separate flights, detailing issues with both the food and the cleanliness of the aircraft.
  • Photos shared by the passenger show a leaking air conditioning vent stuffed with napkins, a grimy window, and unappetising meal options.
  • The customer's post on social media sparked agreement from others who also found the described conditions revolting, igniting further criticism of the airline's standards.
  • Qantas has been contacted for comment following the complaint, as the airline states it takes cleanliness seriously and previously offered a significant refund to another couple who had an unpleasant experience.

Have you had a similar experience on a flight? Share your stories with us in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
At one stage I would never fly with anyone else but Qantas, then when Ansett went down and Qantas were charging people triple the price to get home that did it for me. I then had to fly Qantas for work so had no choice and now thanks to the idiot that received unbelievable money and had not an ounce of sense and the saga continuing after he left, I think Qantas will go down the tubes very soon. Which is very sad considering what a great airline it used to be

If you want a properly prepared meal on a Qantas flight, then when booking your ticket you need to state that you want a vegetarian or kosher meal or something with a special dietary need meal.
That means that someone somewhere individually makes the meal and it's not one of the mass produced stoggy things.
Then on board, the staff bring you your meal individually prior to all other meals being dished out.
It's always hot and good quality!
It also doesn't cost any extra for this service. 🌻

Quaint arse! Last time we flew QF we had two "males" having a gay old time with the meals trolley, pushing it back and forward, spilling trays off, so funny HA HA bloody HA!! Too expensive and unreliable, never fly QF again unless no option. As stated earlier, that person who took the lottery for running the airline down needs a prison sentence!

I had a very unpleasant experience on a flight from Singapore to Brisbane earlier this year/June..after a very long trip from Kerala,south India to Singapore,I had a 9 hour wait til my connecting Qantas Emirates flight,during this waiting period I had developed severe cramping in both my legs & had asked a pharmacist in Changing what I could use if I faced the same painful again problem while flying that night.
She recommended me an oil that is very popular with Singaporeans & I bought this to take in board. During the very early hours of the morning,in a darkened cabin I made my way to a toilet cubicle & rubbed it on to both of my legs that had begun again to cramp.
I left the small space there & went to the exit area to move my legs as much as I could tolerate...a stewardess approached me & in a very hostile tone asked if I had used that particular toilet..of course I said yes..she then berated me in a very loud voice accusing me of using Tiger Balm ( it wasn't! ) & informing me that it was illegal & could have resulted in an emergency landing alarm being triggered.
I was so pissed off..her speaking to me as if I were a naughty child..& I'm in my 70s..such disrespect not to even ask if I were ok..
I was not...
After she stopped her verbal assault I explained my situation..she then offered to get me an electrolyte..but not an apology or any concern for my wellbeing...
After waking up all those seated around the toilet block with her outburst !
She came to my seat bringing a single sachet of electrolyte & a tiny bottle of water...
Some time later 2 male stewards pushing the ' breakfast' trolley ...stopped at my seat & loudly proclaimed. Eeewww . Someone's been using Tiger Balm...it's disgusting...
Seriously....
I paid over A$1500 for this fare Bris-Sing return & was treated like this. So very ungraciously by bad mannered uncultured people ,servants in fact...of Australias premier airline.
Oh & yes .the 'food'.. absolutely atrocious offerings...even budget airlines like Virgin, AirAsia do so much better with their basic meals.

I decided never to fly Qantas or Jetstar again in my life time.

i got trapped to fly with Qantas i bought tickets from Bangkok Air who were very helpful though I am a wheel chair passenger & to get your seat in Sydney is all automatic now so they gave me the very back seat in the plane which never happens if you are served at the counter
the meals were so so nothing like the other airlines I have been using
then i was the last to get off the plane & there were No wheel chairs there at all I asks someone & the girl went away & come back & said if you wait another 45mins to 1 hour we should be able to get you a wheel chair
so i had to struggle & get out myself & by the time I got to where to pick up my bag every one had gone & my bag was up against the wall
i have had a few experiences with Qantas before & no matter what I do not want to fly with them again one flight before from Philipines to sydney I got pushed onto Qantas to get home
& soon as we took offthe steward walked through & said we will turn off the lights & see you to Sydney that was it & to get a drink I had to go & wake the guy up to get a simple drink with all his complaining

Someone actually peed into their seat, that’s next level!
unbelievable! I’ve got 90 000 points to use, then I think I’ll be
finished with them too.
You do know you can use your points in the shop.

I had a very unpleasant experience on a flight from Singapore to Brisbane earlier this year/June..after a very long trip from Kerala,south India to Singapore,I had a 9 hour wait til my connecting Qantas Emirates flight,during this waiting period I had developed severe cramping in both my legs & had asked a pharmacist in Changing what I could use if I faced the same painful again problem while flying that night.
She recommended me an oil that is very popular with Singaporeans & I bought this to take in board. During the very early hours of the morning,in a darkened cabin I made my way to a toilet cubicle & rubbed it on to both of my legs that had begun again to cramp.
I left the small space there & went to the exit area to move my legs as much as I could tolerate...a stewardess approached me & in a very hostile tone asked if I had used that particular toilet..of course I said yes..she then berated me in a very loud voice accusing me of using Tiger Balm ( it wasn't! ) & informing me that it was illegal & could have resulted in an emergency landing alarm being triggered.
I was so pissed off..her speaking to me as if I were a naughty child..& I'm in my 70s..such disrespect not to even ask if I were ok..
I was not...
After she stopped her verbal assault I explained my situation..she then offered to get me an electrolyte..but not an apology or any concern for my wellbeing...
After waking up all those seated around the toilet block with her outburst !
She came to my seat bringing a single sachet of electrolyte & a tiny bottle of water...
Some time later 2 male stewards pushing the ' breakfast' trolley ...stopped at my seat & loudly proclaimed. Eeewww . Someone's been using Tiger Balm...it's disgusting...
Seriously....
I paid over A$1500 for this fare Bris-Sing return & was treated like this. So very ungraciously by bad mannered uncultured people ,servants in fact...of Australias premier airline.
Oh & yes .the 'food'.. absolutely atrocious offerings...even budget airlines like Virgin, AirAsia do so much better with their basic meals.

I decided never to fly Qantas or Jetstar again in my life time.
:mad: :mad::mad: SERVANTS, really if I heard you say that on a flight I'd put your seat out on the wing.

If you want a properly prepared meal on a Qantas flight, then when booking your ticket you need to state that you want a vegetarian or kosher meal or something with a special dietary need meal.
That means that someone somewhere individually makes the meal and it's not one of the mass produced stoggy things.
Then on board, the staff bring you your meal individually prior to all other meals being dished out.
It's always hot and good quality!
It also doesn't cost any extra for this service. 🌻
Although I agree with some of your comments what you have to consider is that any flyer is paying big dollars to use the Qantas facilities and flight and no one should recur to order a vegetarian meal to avoid eating what is served during a flight. The meals are supposed to be first class and well presented at all times TO EVERYONE. Hence why even with my huge amoung of frequent flyer points I refuse to use Qantas. The service I receive from competitive airlines is miles and miles better off than what Qantas is offering.
AS SOMEONE HAS STATED IN ONE OF THE PREVIOSU POSTS, WEASEL JOCE IS THE ONE THAT RUINED QANTAS ANS IT'S REPUTATION.

IT's like everything else these days.....more expensive but worse conditions !!!
If that meal that was served up to customers was the best they could do, then there's no hope for Qantas.
😡😡😡
The caterers paid for by Qantas should be dismissed for what they are serving to the people during a flight. You can blame HO for that and for what they are doing.

Reactions: bluetang