Parents are raving as Coles rolls out this incredible new feature—see why they're so excited!

The local supermarket is often seen as a mundane part of our weekly routine, but Coles has introduced an exciting new feature in its stores, much to the delight of shoppers.

This innovative addition is designed to enhance the shopping experience for families, especially those with young children.

Parents are already raving about the convenience and fun it brings, making trips to the supermarket more enjoyable for both kids and adults.

As this new feature rolls out across more locations, it’s set to become a beloved part of the Coles shopping experience.

The recent opening of a Coles store in Sydney's Surry Hills Village has introduced a charming addition that's catching the eye of shoppers: child-sized shopping trolleys.

These mini trolleys are giving young ones a chance to be part of the shopping experience, allowing them to push their own carts down the aisles just like mum and dad.

It's a sight that's bringing smiles to faces and making the weekly shop a fun outing for the little ones.

compressed-shutterstock_1504420667.jpeg
Coles’ new inner-city Sydney store features little trolleys for children, which customers love. Credit: Shutterstock

‘I saw two little girls having the best time pushing these trolleys down the aisles. It looked like their parents were giving them items to retrieve from the shelves,’ one local mum shared.

‘I can't wait to bring my son in so he can have a go.’

While the concept of little trolleys for children is a hit in the United Kingdom and has been seen at Bunnings stores across Australia, Coles is now testing the waters with this family-friendly initiative.

Although these trolleys have been spotted in a handful of Coles stores, they haven't become a widespread feature just yet.

The previous Coles store at the Surry Hills Village site, which closed in January 2021 for redevelopment, did not have these mini trolleys, making their introduction a fresh and welcome change for the community.

The response from shoppers has been overwhelmingly positive, with many parents expressing their eagerness to bring their children to the store for a more engaging shopping experience.

However, Coles has remained tight-lipped about whether they plan to roll out these trolleys to more locations, leaving many to wonder if this delightful feature will become a regular sight in stores nationwide.

In addition to the mini trolleys, Coles is also trialling new produce boxes as part of their efforts to enhance the customer experience and address sustainability concerns.

These boxes offer a plastic-free alternative to single-use produce bags, aligning with the growing demand for more eco-friendly packaging solutions.

‘We know our customers want us to provide more sustainable packaging solutions, and this trial offers a plastic-free alternative to fresh produce bags that, if successful, could see a sizeable reduction in the number of plastic produce bags in circulation,’ said Coles Chief Operations and Sustainability Officer Matt Swindells.
Key Takeaways
  • Coles has introduced little trolleys for children at their new inner-city Sydney store, which customers appreciate.
  • The concept of child-sized trolleys is not entirely new but is becoming more prevalent, with Bunnings also offering them.
  • The new Surry Hills Village store is part of a redevelopment and is introducing features not present in the previous Coles at the same location.
  • Coles is trialling the use of reusable produce boxes as a more sustainable alternative to single-use plastic bags for fruit and vegetables.
So, dear members of the Seniors Discount Club, what do you think of these new initiatives? Have you seen the mini trolleys in action, or perhaps you've tried out the produce boxes? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
As long as parents keep an eye on them, so they don't get in the way of people shopping in the store. I am not being a Karen, for me it's a no. It's hard enough manoeuvring a trolly as it is.
I think parents are too busy on their phones while shopping instead Of watching their little darlings. Mobile phones these days have taken over watching kids

Has anybody seen those ads on television where you can have your own personal trolley with collapsible wheels?

I'm getting one. Put a miniature cow catcher at the front and install rotating blades on the wheels. Go shopping while all the time singing "Murder On The Shopfloor" at the top of my voice.

Sorry, Sophie Ellis- Bextor....

Why is this needed? It's one more thing for every person in a store to be wary of - chikdren 'steering' in an uncontrolled manner, possibly unsupervised by their shopping-list focussed parents, disrupting the shopping process for all in the store. A supermarket is not a fun park which provides entertainment. It is a serious business premises.

I would, in all likelihood, not be smiling as I dodge even more obstacles in the aisles, and ones that are totally un-necessary.

If Coles thinks this form of 'pandering' is going to attract customers, I would suggest they think about all the customers who are likely to be adversely affected.

And ... what a total waste of money. Surely this could have been put to better use providing more open checkouts, lowering prices, sourcing more Australian-grown and made products ...

Thumbs well and truly down from me. 👎

Cannot begin to imagine what it is going to be like in Coles when Mums pick up their littlies from school or kindergarten and go shopping en masse....it will be worse than driving to work in peak hour, fair dinkum. Buyer beware....check the time you want to go shopping very very carefully, before you are run over or crashed into .....and don't forget to wear your shin pads when you go and carry an extra hanky in case blood is spilled.....:eek::ROFLMAO:

Cannot begin to imagine what it is going to be like in Coles when Mums pick up their littlies from school or kindergarten and go shopping en masse....it will be worse than driving to work in peak hour, fair dinkum. Buyer beware....check the time you want to go shopping very very carefully, before you are run over or crashed into .....and don't forget to wear your shin pads when you go and carry an extra hanky in case blood is spilled.....:eek::ROFLMAO:
🤣🤣🤣Too funny 😁

• Haha
Reactions: BeautifulMousey
I shop online these days much safer 🤣
I should have elaborated safer for those little monsters from my wheelie walker I sometimes use.vroom vroom 😳
Yes I shop on line now. I don't have any problems and it is a lot safer for my legs
Very hectic and dangerous

Reactions: Littleboy8
A friend of mine, who was a healthy strong lady was at home with her 4 year old grandson ,who was a child who would always be running around the house .
One day he ran around his grandmothers legs and she fell back onto her tiled floor. She broke her neck. She was rushed via ambulance to hospital where she spent 6 weeks.
Her family were told she would last maybe 6 months. Her family decided to take her home and care for her there. Her eldest daughter and son inlaw came over from Italy to look after her along with her youngest daughter .
She lasted 2 years before passing away. She was 67.

I hope parents do keep their kids next to them while using these trolleys . I would hate to see an accident like my friends happening again