Pancakes

Pancakes with Maple syrup has to be one of my favourite things.

Screenshot_20230802_201136_Gallery.jpg
Serves 3
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 min

INGREDIENTS

1 1/3 cups plain flour
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of milk 250ml
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Butter to cook

Toppings eg banana sliced, Maple syrup, chopped walnuts

METHOD

1 . Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.

2. Mix egg, milk and oil together in a separate bowl. Stir in flour mixture.

3. Heat a small ammount of butter maybe a teaspoon in a frying pan.

Pour in 1/3 of the mixture into the frypan. Turn pancake over when bubbles appear in batter. Cook both sides until golden . Remove and repeat two move times.
Serve hot with sliced banana, pour over maple syrup and top with chopped or crushed walnuts.

 Enjoy

Last edited:
Sponsored
Pancakes with Maple syrup has to be one of my favourite things.

View attachment 26545
Serves 3
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 min

INGREDIENTS

1 1/3 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of milk 250ml
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Butter to cook

Toppings eg banana sliced, Maple syrup, chopped walnuts

METHOD

1 . Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.

2. Mix egg, milk and oil together in a separate bowl. Stir in flour mixture.

3. Heat a small ammount of butter maybe a teaspoon in a frying pan.

Pour in 1/3 of the mixture into the frypan. Turn pancake over when bubbles appear in batter. Cook both sides until golden . Remove and repeat two move times.
Serve hot with sliced banana, pour over maple syrup and top with chopped or crushed walnuts.

 Enjoy
Hi Suzanna, no mention of quantity of eggs in "ingredients". How many?

Thanks for the recipe.
I've added a blueberry muffin recipe where the blueberries don't sink .

I was baking dairy free stuff for my grandkids yesterday and 2 can now have egg in cooked food was made these blueberry muffins yesterday with rice milk and some for us using normal milk . Both turned out amazing

I was baking dairy free stuff for my grandkids yesterday and 2 can now have egg in cooked food was made these blueberry muffins yesterday with rice milk and some for us using normal milk . Both turned out amazing
Yay!

I find blueberries are well behaved in muffins ... however can be hit and miss in cakes.

I grew up in Canada, where I developed a lifelong love of maple syrup. In my (unsolicited) opinion, the best maple syrup available in Australia is, perhaps surprisingly, Coles Finest. Regards, John.
Totally agree

In regards to the blueberries sinking to the bottom of the muffins, my chef bestie says “ toss them very gently in the flour you are using”

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I grew up in Canada, where I developed a lifelong love of maple syrup. In my (unsolicited) opinion, the best maple syrup available in Australia is, perhaps surprisingly, Coles Finest. Regards, John.
It's my opinion that the best maple syrup comes from Canada. And sometimes if I am lucky there is some in Costco.