Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Old hand rotary beater

Old hand rotary beater

ScreenShot2023-02-03at3.10.21PM.151231.png
Credits: Pinterest
Ah, the old hand rotary beater, a true staple of every Australian kitchen. Mums use it to make homemade cream, and the kids would take turns beating it. It may have been hard work, but the delicious treat we were rewarded with made it all worth it, especially when served with the homemade preserved peaches. Do you still have one of these?

Last edited:
Old hand rotary beater

Old hand rotary beater

View attachment 12897
Ah, the old hand rotary beater, a true staple of every Australian kitchen. Mums use it to make homemade cream, and the kids would take turns beating it. It may have been hard work, but the delicious treat we were rewarded with made it all worth it, especially when served with the homemade preserved peaches. Do you still have one of these?
Yep

Old hand rotary beater

Old hand rotary beater

View attachment 12897
Yes - two of them!

Old hand rotary beater

Old hand rotary beater

View attachment 12897
Yes still have a hand beater, still use it now and then.

Yes I do. A former workmate asked me what I wanted as an engagement present and I told her one of these - that was over 50 years ago and it’s still going strong today and used regularly 😄 Mine has a yellow wooden handle.

Reactions: judethe obscure
I still have one which is about 40 years old and still works. In fact it is easier to take this one out, use and clean it rather than the electric one.

Old hand rotary beater

Old hand rotary beater

View attachment 12897
Still have mine

I have one too and still use it sometimes especially when beating egg whites to form soft peaks. So quick and easy.

Yes, I still use it to whip eggs or cream quickly. Wash straight away and it cleans quickly and easily. I use the electric mixer for heavier stuff like cakes.

Reactions: Joyem
Old hand rotary beater

Old hand rotary beater

View attachment 12897
My mother gave me one ( not new ) when I left home 50 years ago and I still use it

Have only just retired mine. After 50 years of use my arthritic hands were objecting so use the stick blender for whipping cream. Can remember us all lining up to help mum with the trusty hand beater & if you were the lucky last getting to lick the beaters.