Xe

Oct 7, 2021
Old Christmas Tradition - Pudding Laced with Money

1639655667540.jpeg
263435026_6562502940487180_5990807840833547080_n.jpg

Source: www.facebook.com/AustraliaRememberWhen/photos/a.502396593164542/6562502973820510/

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LadyD
I still have a stash of silver thrupenny pieces that I dig out every year to put into the puddings, but inflation has taken over, everyone that gives me back the three pence gets $2 in return!

• Haha
Reactions: 68autobug and LadyD
I still have a stash of silver thrupenny pieces that I dig out every year to put into the puddings, but inflation has taken over, everyone that gives me back the three pence gets $2 in return!

We do too. The pudding has threepenny pieces and a sixpence. And like you, we cash up with $1 for threepence and $5 for the sixpence (only one of them) all good fun even with my older kids who are in their 30s and 40s. They have always had pudding this way and still look forward to it. Their kids are just starting to really like the search at Christmas lunch.

Yes, My Grandmother also used threepenny pieces made from silver. These days, You couldn't use any decimal currency as there isn't any many from silver .. apart from the round 50 cent pieces... which would have been too BIG to put in a pudding.... Back then it was great winning , as kids didn't have any money back then... Lee 68autobug.

Reactions: Ricci