No Knead Easy Cheese Bread

I added a no knead bread ages ago and this is that bread with a twist to it ...Cheese

It is so unbelievably easy you won't believe it
Cheese-bread-main-photos_7a.jpg
Image and recipe source: recipetineats

Ingredients

• 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 tsp instant yeast aka rapid rise
  • 1 1/2 tsp cooking salt
  • 1 1/2 cups very warm tap water
  • 2 1/2 cups (tightly packed) Colby cheese ,
Method

MAGIC NO-KNEAD DOUGH:​

• Using a rubber spatula, mix flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Add water, then mix using the handle of the spatula until you can no longer see flour. The dough should be too sticky to knead by hand, but not pourable like cake batter
  • Rise – Cover with cling wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 2 to 3 hours until the dough doubles in volume . The surface should be bubbly, and the mixture should jiggle when you shake the bowl.
  • Preheat pot – Half an hour before the dough is ready, put a 24-28cm heavy based pot with a lid in the oven to preheat to 240°C/450°F (220°C fan-forced).

SHAPE LOAF:​

• Pat into disc – Sprinkle work surface with 1 tbsp flour. Scrape dough out, sprinkle surface with flour, pat into a ~20cm/8" disc.
  • Cheese it – Set aside 1/3 of the cheese for topping. Cover surface with half the remaining cheese.
  • Fold inwards stuffed with cheese – Using a dough scraper or anything of similar shape (cake server, large knife, spatula), fold the sides inwards 4 times to roughly form a roundish shape, topping each layer of with the remaining cheese (but keep the final layer cheese free, it will be the base of the bread).
  • Paper transfer – Flip the dough onto a sheet of parchment/baking paper so the seamside is (mostly) facedown. Tidy the shape if desired.
  • Cheese crown – Pile the reserved cheese on.

BAKE

• Hot pot transfer – Remove hot pot from the oven. Use paper to transfer dough into the pot, keeping it on the paper. Put lid on.
  • Bake 35 minutes. Remove lid. Bake 10 minutes to colour the surface.
  • Cool – Remove pot from oven. Use paper to transfer bread onto a cooling rack. Remove paper. Cool at least 10 minutes before slicing!

Instant-yeast.jpg
Image source: recipetineats

This is the yeast I use available from Coles and woolworths but any rapid rise yeast is good

s-l1200.jpg

Image source: Lighthouse Baking

This is the flour I use for all my breads and pizza , available at both woolworths and coles

d4d1e081-f0ff-4fdc-babb-e8ed3d297c8a.jpgImage source: Kmart

If you don't have a Dutch oven you can buy this one from Kmart for $30 comes in a few colours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Suzanne, do you think this would work with a pot that size but made of stainless steel?

Suzanne, do you think this would work with a pot that size but made of stainless steel?
No unless it's non stick inside . I wouldn't use an all stainless steel pot.

The ones at pictured kmart for $30 are good. I used this one plus I use a cast iron one. It basically has to be a heavy based one.

Reactions: Macarj
Just a suggestion of how I used to make this? try mixing the grated cheese in the dry bread mix? also some lighty pounded crispy bacon? also keeping some of both for sprinkling on the bread top. Or you could substitute either in favour of chopped black olives or keep the suggested threesome, up to you, Bon Ape Tit?

Just a suggestion of how I used to make this? try mixing the grated cheese in the dry bread mix? also some lighty pounded crispy bacon? also keeping some of both for sprinkling on the bread top. Or you could substitute either in favour of chopped black olives or keep the suggested threesome, up to you, Bon Ape Tit?
Sounds good I make focaccia with cheese bacon and olives tastes great