No end in sight for neighbourhood dispute – which side are you on?

As detailed in one of our previous articles, we talked about a heated argument between neighbours over a brick wall that resulted in a war of iPhone videos and TikTok clips uploaded against one another.

Here's a quick recap of what happened: It all started when Valentina, a homeowner from Edensor Park in Sydney's western suburbs, decided to film a wild dispute she was having with her neighbours.

Apparently, Valentina's neighbours were not happy about a brick wall that was being built on her property – even though it was being built entirely within the boundary of her home and wasn't affecting them in any way.

In fact, the wall was being built for the sole purpose of holding back rainwater that flows from their property (which sits higher than Valentina's) during heavy storms to prevent flooding.

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 10.46.36 AM.png
There has been tension between Valentina (left) and her neighbours for quite some time. Credit: TikTok.

But instead of simply talking to Valentina about their concerns like rational adults would do, Connie and her husband (the neighbours in question) decided to take matters into their own hands – quite literally.

They came outside and started hosing down the wall while tradies were trying to build it in an attempt to prevent it from setting properly!

And when that didn't work, Connie's husband kicked some bricks off of the wall before his wife pulled him away – all while being filmed by Valentina herself! Crazy stuff indeed…

After the dispute went viral on the internet, Valentina was the one who was able to persuade people to listen to her side of the story.

However, after having her interview with A Current Affair, Connie was able to speak publicly about the situation.

There are, after all, always two sides to a story.

While Valentina claimed that she just wanted to build a brick wall to prevent rainfall from flooding her property, Connie argued that the council policy states that kerbing, fencing, and retaining walls must not block water flow.

'I won't give up; the police can arrest me,' Connie added. 'But I have to protect my land.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 10.46.30 AM.png
The brick wall issue was not the first time the neighbours clashed. Credit: TikTok.

Valentina went on to share that this was not the first time she had an issue with Connie and her husband. In July, she filmed them 'trespassing' her property, standing in her driveway at night and shining a phone light towards the garage.

There were also times when the couple made Valentina 'uncomfortable', especially whenever they took photos of her and her family, including her nephew, who is a minor.

'They have cameras that face directly into our backyard, that they've been asked to turn around, and they refuse. Neighbours have told us that they've seen them looking over the fence and into our property when we're not home.'

Valentina shared that her family is still having frequent conflicts with their next-door neighbours and that they have already decided to take them to court next year.

Credit: A Current Affair.

As of yet, it seems that there is no progress yet towards a resolution, but we can only hope that these two neighbours can work out their issues as soon as possible.

What do you think of this story, members? Do you have any crazy neighbour experiences you'd like to share with us? We'd love to hear them! You can post them in the comments section below.

Sponsored
So sorry for your loss...I too would have loved to sit around that fire with you. As for poisoning your veges...geez grown up neighbours.. I too had a bad neighbour experience, eventually they were moved on but not before a lot of heartache. Had new neighbours for 20 or so years till we sold last Chrissy. That was the only thing we disliked about moving. So far so good in our little over 55's complex.
I too am sorry to hear you live next door to an 'Alf Garnet' as we saw in the t.v. show "Love They Neighbour". Seems a shame you do not have Security Cameras facing your garden which would capture footage of your neighbour destroying your plants, would go well in court & a Police Prosecution.

I sincerely hope you will be able to enjoy your brassiere again in the near future without aggressive neighbours. Nobody deserves neighbours like yours.

A thought was that one day one of those aggressors may be in a life threatening situation & the only people they can reach out to is yourselves. Stranger things have happened.