New plant-based milk makes its way Down Under! Here’s everything you need to know

These days, Australian supermarkets offer a wide range of non-dairy milk products, thanks to the increasing number of Aussies who are shifting to a more plant-based diet.

Some of the most common types of plant-based milk products that are currently available in the market include almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, and rice milk.

But did you know that a new type of non-dairy milk has made its way Down Under?

Bickford's Premium Plant Milk has announced the rollout of Australia's first-ever Pistachio Milk!

k8h3KqxyahImYXOzJAeDQ-XLnPp7zYPLGyg21E0Fu3WoDxRp7PKqsn9u207aWyKH7of8jfYiXwngJc7WQUbwkxr0DJak1m6BxceAsLemqwOq878B9sF_IerfS186T5UWBXak7Ic

Australians will now be able to get their hands on Pistachio Milk after Bickford’s Group rolled out the product in NSW and Victoria. Credit: Bickford’s Group.

Vegans, vegetarians, flexitarians, and those who are just looking forward to tasting this new non-dairy milk variant can now nab this delicious drink for $5 in Woolworths stores across NSW and Victoria.

The company also released its new Macadamia Milk drink, expanding its offering of plant-based milk in the country.

JHz2zDhptS8rdU9crf2KRxYRMjyPSr4sjcjJnm0_KldKBCC-MH4BQUxyRqFaCe5lvXypO4WJmpN31XKy4mThkVVMiplyegyXhvzCRHR-OvOOcuwkWRe1Hn2RSXVRybaeiyW2itc

The company also added the Macadamia Milk drink to its plant-based milk range. Credit: Bickford’s.

Bickford’s Group Sales and Marketing Manager Chris Illman said: “When we launched our range of Bickford’s Premium Plant Milks we were overwhelmed by the response from Australians who are becoming more focused on their health and the planet.”

“The path to launching these milks was a complex, but exciting one, working out how best to extract the goodness and bottle it for freshness.”

The proliferation of non-dairy milks that have a similar taste and texture with dairy milk will allow Australians to make informed choices based on their dietary preferences, according to Mr Ilman.

“With no artificial sweeteners or GMOs, each product has been extensively tested for multiple uses, ensuring the milk range performs like fresh milk and can be enjoyed hot or cold,” he said.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you looking forward to trying some of these new plant-based milk drinks?

For those of you who are curious about how to make your own plant-based milk, you might wanna check out this video demonstrating how you can make homemade almond milk!

Credit: YouTube/Clean&Delicious

Sponsored
As someone who is lactose intolerant all the new plant "milks" interest me a great deal. I'm still loathe to call them milk but I guess it matters little what we call them. I have become very fond of Organic Australian rice milk but I would like to try Bickfords as their other products are so good. Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere at Coles, Woolies or IGA so it would be nice to know where to find them.

Reactions: Penny4 and Ricci
As someone who is lactose intolerant all the new plant "milks" interest me a great deal. I'm still loathe to call them milk but I guess it matters little what we call them. I have become very fond of Organic Australian rice milk but I would like to try Bickfords as their other products are so good. Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere at Coles, Woolies or IGA so it would be nice to know where to find them.
Yes, I'm lactose intolerant too. I buy lactose free milk ... usually Zymil in the supermarket fridge.

• Love
Reactions: debjane and Ricci
I'm sorry, I just can't get my head around all these pretend milks. To the people who use them I say well done but I can't see me trying them any time soon.🥛🥛:(:(
Likewise, cannot get my head around calling them milk and the thought of drinking them makes my stomach churn, I have tried soy and rice milks but they just don't do it for me. As it is I am now lactose intolerant and have to use lactose free milk.

Calling something milk when it doesn't contain milk is totally misleading. Like calling Lemon Butter - Lemon Butter when it doesn't contain butter. That's why it was changed to Lemon Spread.

Reactions: Ricci
Even 'Choice Magazine' have suggested that the term 'milk' is misleading in these products. It should be 'water'. As in Soy Water, Almond Water and Rice Water etc. as there is NO MILK and the majority of the products are water!!! with a whole lot of chemicals and a small amount of treated natural food.

Reactions: 68autobug and Ricci
Unfortunately I now have to go dairy free, but I don't get all hung up on the name of things ie "milk" I'm more interested in what's in it, can I have it, the name given to an item doesn't matter if I can have it. Just read the labels forget the "name"

I am lactose intolerant and can no longer tolerlate goat's milk so I would try these only if they were fortified with calcium because I have osteoperosis as well, so I am not fussed what it is called but what is in these new milks.

New plant-based milk makes its way Down Under! Here’s everything you need to know

These days, Australian supermarkets offer a wide range of non-dairy milk products, thanks to the increasing number of Aussies who are shifting to a more plant-based diet.

Some of the most common types of plant-based milk products that are currently available in the market include almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, and rice milk.

But did you know that a new type of non-dairy milk has made its way Down Under?

Bickford's Premium Plant Milk has announced the rollout of Australia's first-ever Pistachio Milk!

k8h3KqxyahImYXOzJAeDQ-XLnPp7zYPLGyg21E0Fu3WoDxRp7PKqsn9u207aWyKH7of8jfYiXwngJc7WQUbwkxr0DJak1m6BxceAsLemqwOq878B9sF_IerfS186T5UWBXak7Ic

Australians will now be able to get their hands on Pistachio Milk after Bickford’s Group rolled out the product in NSW and Victoria. Credit: Bickford’s Group.

Vegans, vegetarians, flexitarians, and those who are just looking forward to tasting this new non-dairy milk variant can now nab this delicious drink for $5 in Woolworths stores across NSW and Victoria.

The company also released its new Macadamia Milk drink, expanding its offering of plant-based milk in the country.

JHz2zDhptS8rdU9crf2KRxYRMjyPSr4sjcjJnm0_KldKBCC-MH4BQUxyRqFaCe5lvXypO4WJmpN31XKy4mThkVVMiplyegyXhvzCRHR-OvOOcuwkWRe1Hn2RSXVRybaeiyW2itc

The company also added the Macadamia Milk drink to its plant-based milk range. Credit: Bickford’s.

Bickford’s Group Sales and Marketing Manager Chris Illman said: “When we launched our range of Bickford’s Premium Plant Milks we were overwhelmed by the response from Australians who are becoming more focused on their health and the planet.”

“The path to launching these milks was a complex, but exciting one, working out how best to extract the goodness and bottle it for freshness.”

The proliferation of non-dairy milks that have a similar taste and texture with dairy milk will allow Australians to make informed choices based on their dietary preferences, according to Mr Ilman.

“With no artificial sweeteners or GMOs, each product has been extensively tested for multiple uses, ensuring the milk range performs like fresh milk and can be enjoyed hot or cold,” he said.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you looking forward to trying some of these new plant-based milk drinks?

For those of you who are curious about how to make your own plant-based milk, you might wanna check out this video demonstrating how you can make homemade almond milk!

Credit: YouTube/Clean&Delicious

It is certainly not milk. To call it that is upsetting to our dairy farmers who supply all our milk needs. I agree it should be called water. Those who use the substitute milk should be honest.

Milk is a nutrient-rich liquid food produced by the mammary glands of mammals
Call this almond liquid (high % water based) what you like, BUT IT IS NOT MILK.
It is misleading marketing, no different to non meat beef mince or any of the many other alternative products introduced into our diets as healthy alternatives to the real thing.

Have you tried the lactose free milks that are available? I use Zymil and it agrees with me. Tastes good too.

Reactions: debjane and Ricci