Jim P.

Jun 8, 2022

I wish to introduce myself. Jim P. - I have been retired now for 22 years after having taught for 41 years. 16 years ago I lost my wife of 54 years and now spend 95% of my days sitting outside and reading. My 3 children and 7 grandchildren are very special to me and don't live too far away. I live at Caves Beach, Newcastle, NSW. I love humorous stories and jokes, which led me to this Seniors Discount Club.

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
I wish to introduce myself. Jim P. - I have been retired now for 22 years after having taught for 41 years. 16 years ago I lost my wife of 54 years and now spend 95% of my days sitting outside and reading. My 3 children and 7 grandchildren are very special to me and don't live too far away. I live at Caves Beach, Newcastle, NSW. I love humorous stories and jokes, which led me to this Seniors Discount Club.
Hello, @Jim P. ! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME :love: Thank you for joining our online community. We're thrilled to have you as a part of it!

I love reading as well. Do you have any book recommendations? What is the best book you've read so far? Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It never gets easier but we all learn to cope with it. I hope the SDC can be a safe space for you to turn to! We're always here for you :D

Welcome Jim. It's an honour to meet someone who has led such a full life. I'm sorry to hear that your wife is no longer around to enjoy retirement with you. Do you live alone now?

I hope you'll recommend some good reads to us under our book recommendation segment and share some of your favourite jokes too!

Don't know how to edit my original Introduction. I indicated that I'd lost my wife "16 years ago", when , in fact, it was 16 MONTHS ago.

Hello, @Jim P. ! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME :love: Thank you for joining our online community. We're thrilled to have you as a part of it!

I love reading as well. Do you have any book recommendations? What is the best book you've read so far? Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It never gets easier but we all learn to cope with it. I hope the SDC can be a safe space for you to turn to! We're always here for you :D
Thank you for your welcome. Apart from books I read years ago by James A.Michener (like "Hawaii"), I find that once I read any book, I tend to follow it up by other books by the same author, and any series that author has written, like Wilbur Smith, Matthew Riley, James Paterson, Patricia Cornwall, Harold Robbins, David Baldacci, Robert Ludlum and Lee Child with his Jack Reacher books. (Generally most mystery books as well.