New information about the Queen makes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's absence even worse — was it intentional?

We all know that the relationships within the royal family can be pretty complicated at the best of times. And it seems that things have just gotten even more complicated if recent reports are to be believed.

According to a recent revelation from royal insider Gyles Brandreth, it seems that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex may have cut a deeper wound with the Royal Family and the late monarch.

In his new book Elizabeth: An Intimate Portrait, Brandreth claims that he was told by a close friend of Queen Elizabeth II that she had been diagnosed with myeloma - a form of bone marrow cancer - and that her remaining time was, therefore 'limited'.

In other words, she was already ill when Prince Harry and Meghan were 'suspiciously' absent from numerous royal gatherings and holidays.

Shutterstock_976837a.jpg

A cancer diagnosis, according to author Gyles Brandreth, made the Queen aware that her time was limited. Credit: Shutterstock/Jeremy Selwyn/Evening Standard.

Palace commentators have highlighted Prince Harry and Meghan’s behaviour as ‘rude’, considering it's hard to deny that something was wrong with the late Queen in her final months. After all, she had to miss royal duties and other senior royals lead ceremonies on her behalf.

While the exact diagnosis date of the late monarch remains unknown to the public, Brandreth pointed out that there was documentation of her being admitted to the hospital overnight in October 2021, implying that she was not in her best health. This also helps to explain why she was noticeably missing from a series of high-profile events.

It was also said that the late monarch completed her final public engagement before passing away in June. However, the monarch was absent from the balcony of Buckingham Palace, where she had previously appeared for over 60 years consecutively.

Royal analysts pointed out that the Sussexes were noticeably absent the Queen’s final engagement, raising questions about Prince Harry and Meghan, if they indeed already knew about the Queen's failing health.

Shutterstock_9685736f.jpg

Harry and Meghan failed to meet the Queen in August despite being invited to Balmoral. Credit: ANL/Shutterstock.

The two were also nowhere to be seen on the 70th anniversary of the Queen's coronation in June. They were abroad, on Harry's polo farm in America.

Commentators said that this is a clear sign that the relationship between Prince Harry and the senior members of his family — namely his late grandmother, King Charles, and Prince William — had broken down to the point where he would no longer attend royal engagements.

Key Takeaways

• Buckingham Palace has yet to confirm or deny recent reports that Queen Elizabeth II was diagnosed with myeloma, a form of bone marrow cancer, and that her remaining time was, therefore 'limited'.
  • Some royal analysts believe that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's absence from important family events this year may be indicative of a strained relationship between the Sussexes and the Royal Family.
  • If the Queen was indeed suffering from cancer, some have accused Harry and Meghan of being disrespectful for not returning to the UK to honour her during her final year.

What do you think, folks? Was it rude that Harry and Meghan didn't honour the Queen or do you think that the whole thing was made up by royal ‘insiders’? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I refuse to buy any tabloid magazine for this reason. If someone else has them, I’ll read some of it to see what they could possibly make up next 🙄 only mags I buy are cooking, gardening, craft or crosswords. Obviously I’m too interested in entertaining myself rather than letting so called celebrities do it
I'm the same.....can't be bothered reading rubbish about other people.
I don't need to know who is sleeping in the wrong bed, I do t need to know who earns what, I don't need to have to work out who is telling the truth. Not my business.
So ....I don't even buy the newspaper anymore.
I listen to the radio for the news.
Crosswords don't lie, my garden only grows weeds but provides a huge amount of enjoyment as beautiful, fragrant flowers emerge from the tiniest of seeds and ugly-looking or weird-shaped bulbs.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes, but it's natural beauty, not man-made.

• Love
Reactions: Ricci and Jen77au
I'm the same.....can't be bothered reading rubbish about other people.
I don't need to know who is sleeping in the wrong bed, I do t need to know who earns what, I don't need to have to work out who is telling the truth. Not my business.
So ....I don't even buy the newspaper anymore.
I listen to the radio for the news.
Crosswords don't lie, my garden only grows weeds but provides a huge amount of enjoyment as beautiful, fragrant flowers emerge from the tiniest of seeds and ugly-looking or weird-shaped bulbs.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes, but it's natural beauty, not man-made.
I only hear the news in the car. Otherwise I hardly have the tv on and if I read a local newspaper it’s the newborn baby section as I love to see the names people choose 🥰

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
I only hear the news in the car. Otherwise I hardly have the tv on and if I read a local newspaper it’s the newborn baby section as I love to see the names people choose 🥰
I used to love reading the baby names, and ponder over why some names were even thought of.
It started when I was a Midwife, and you'd see your name in the paper when the new parents thanked you for caring for them or delivering their newborn.
We don't even get a local paper anymore....they are online, so I don't see them.

Reactions: Jen77au and Ricci
We all know that the relationships within the royal family can be pretty complicated at the best of times. And it seems that things have just gotten even more complicated if recent reports are to be believed.

According to a recent revelation from royal insider Gyles Brandreth, it seems that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex may have cut a deeper wound with the Royal Family and the late monarch.

In his new book Elizabeth: An Intimate Portrait, Brandreth claims that he was told by a close friend of Queen Elizabeth II that she had been diagnosed with myeloma - a form of bone marrow cancer - and that her remaining time was, therefore 'limited'.

In other words, she was already ill when Prince Harry and Meghan were 'suspiciously' absent from numerous royal gatherings and holidays.

Shutterstock_976837a.jpg

A cancer diagnosis, according to author Gyles Brandreth, made the Queen aware that her time was limited. Credit: Shutterstock/Jeremy Selwyn/Evening Standard.

Palace commentators have highlighted Prince Harry and Meghan’s behaviour as ‘rude’, considering it's hard to deny that something was wrong with the late Queen in her final months. After all, she had to miss royal duties and other senior royals lead ceremonies on her behalf.

While the exact diagnosis date of the late monarch remains unknown to the public, Brandreth pointed out that there was documentation of her being admitted to the hospital overnight in October 2021, implying that she was not in her best health. This also helps to explain why she was noticeably missing from a series of high-profile events.

It was also said that the late monarch completed her final public engagement before passing away in June. However, the monarch was absent from the balcony of Buckingham Palace, where she had previously appeared for over 60 years consecutively.

Royal analysts pointed out that the Sussexes were noticeably absent the Queen’s final engagement, raising questions about Prince Harry and Meghan, if they indeed already knew about the Queen's failing health.

Shutterstock_9685736f.jpg

Harry and Meghan failed to meet the Queen in August despite being invited to Balmoral. Credit: ANL/Shutterstock.

The two were also nowhere to be seen on the 70th anniversary of the Queen's coronation in June. They were abroad, on Harry's polo farm in America.

Commentators said that this is a clear sign that the relationship between Prince Harry and the senior members of his family — namely his late grandmother, King Charles, and Prince William — had broken down to the point where he would no longer attend royal engagements.

Key Takeaways

• Buckingham Palace has yet to confirm or deny recent reports that Queen Elizabeth II was diagnosed with myeloma, a form of bone marrow cancer, and that her remaining time was, therefore 'limited'.
  • Some royal analysts believe that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's absence from important family events this year may be indicative of a strained relationship between the Sussexes and the Royal Family.
  • If the Queen was indeed suffering from cancer, some have accused Harry and Meghan of being disrespectful for not returning to the UK to honour her during her final year.

What do you think, folks? Was it rude that Harry and Meghan didn't honour the Queen or do you think that the whole thing was made up by royal ‘insiders’? Let us know in the comments below!

Does anyone ever notice how they are referred to as Prince Harry and always just Meghan in the press,never a mention she is entitled to hold a title, but press has always been so cruel.Hope Harry proves them all wrong and the relationship gets stronger every year,dispite what people think.

Does anyone ever notice how they are referred to as Prince Harry and always just Meghan in the press,never a mention she is entitled to hold a title, but press has always been so cruel.Hope Harry proves them all wrong and the relationship gets stronger every year,dispite what people think.
I think I remember reading it’s because he was born into the Royal family as a prince whereas she married into the family. So once they announced to step down she lost her title. The same way Princess Diana did when her and Charles divorced.

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci