Never guess if your clothes are clean again - try this brilliant wardrobe organisation tip!

Losing a loved one is never easy, and going through their belongings can be an emotional task. But for Cynthia, it turned into a heartwarming discovery that could revolutionise your daily routine and keep your wardrobe organised.

As she sorted through her late mother's wardrobe, Cynthia stumbled upon a clever clothing hanger tip — apparently, her mother had come up with a genius system using numbered pegs to keep track of how many times she wore certain garments before they needed washing.

We've all been there - that moment of indecision when we're not quite sure if an item of clothing is still fresh enough for another wear or if it's time to toss it in the laundry. (We're all guilty of the sniff test.) But thanks to Cynthia's late mother, there's a brilliant solution to this common struggle that can simplify your wardrobe and keep your clothes organised.

No more guessing or messy piles of 'in-between' clothing!

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 8.44.51 PM.png
Cynthia found a useful clothing hanger tip after her mother's passing involving numbered pegs. Credit: Facebook.

Cynthia recently shared her discovery in a popular Facebook group, and it's been making waves ever since. Her mother had designated a specific area in her closet for hanging up previously-worn items, and she used numbered pegs to keep track of their wear.

Once an item had been worn three times, it was time to toss it in the laundry. This ingenious system prevented her from piling up clothes on a chair or elsewhere, keeping her wardrobe and bedroom tidy and clutter-free!

Just imagine the convenience of having a designated spot in your closet for previously-worn items, and knowing exactly how many times you've worn them before they need washing.

Cynthia's late mother's ingenious clothing hanger hack has sparked a wave of inspiration among the members of the Facebook group, with many sharing their own creative ideas to keep track of their clothing and maintain tidiness in their wardrobe.

Some group members mentioned using different coloured hangers to designate the status of their clothing. It's a simple yet effective way to quickly identify which items have been worn and need washing, and which ones are still fresh for another wear.

Others mentioned using store dividers to separate their worn clothes from unworn ones, creating a clear distinction in their closet.

But perhaps one of the most relatable tips shared was the classic 'sniff and stain test'. As one user put it, 'I do the sniff and stain test. If it doesn't smell and has no stains, I guess I'm wearing it!'

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 8.44.58 PM.png
Others prefer to use dividers to separate worn clothes from unworn ones. Credit: Facebook.

It's important to note that everyone has different preferences and comfort levels when it comes to wearing clothes multiple times before washing them. While the clothing hanger tip may work for some, others may have concerns about hygiene and personal comfort.

As one woman in the Facebook group pointed out, she personally prefers to wash her clothes after every wear, except for nightgowns. She mentioned that she sweats a lot and wants to ensure she doesn't have any unpleasant odours, and therefore chooses to wash her clothes regularly to maintain freshness.

Similarly, another group member mentioned that they live in a hot country and prefer to wash most of their clothes after every wear, with the exception of jeans. They prioritise keeping their clothes clean and fresh, and that's what works best for them.

We respect and acknowledge individual preferences and comfort levels when it comes to clothing hygiene. What may work for some may not work for others, and that's perfectly okay. Personal hygiene and comfort should always be a priority when it comes to clothing care!

So whether you prefer to follow Cynthia's late mother's system, or if you prefer to wash your clothes after every wear, it's essential to find what makes you feel comfortable and confident. After all, feeling good in your clothes is what matters most!

With that said, how often should you really wash your garments? Check out the discussion here!

Key Takeaways

• Cynthia's late mother's clothing hanger tip, using numbered pegs to keep track of worn clothing, has inspired many to find creative ways to maintain wardrobe tidiness and reduce clutter.
  • Some Facebook group members have shared their own hacks, such as using different coloured hangers or store dividers, while others prefer to wash their clothes after every wear due to personal hygiene and comfort preferences.

Members, we hope Cynthia's late mother's clothing hanger tip has inspired you to think creatively about organising your own wardrobe. Whether you decide to try using numbered clothespins, coloured hangers, or any other method, finding a system that works for you is key to maintaining a clutter-free and organised wardrobe.

We would love to hear from you! What are some of your favourite wardrobe organisation tips and tricks? Share them in the comments below, and let's continue the conversation. Together, we can conquer the challenge of keeping our wardrobes tidy and stylish!

Sponsored
My mother always taught us to hang things on a coat hanger outside to air especially in winter in UK Didn’t need to wash after one use we never had and I never have had a clothes dryer

Reactions: Trudi
I work on the assumption of how long during the day garment is worn. Sometimes I only wear it for 3hrs or less ( maybe bit longer in winter ) so wear it again unless it is visibly grubby,underwear rinsed everyday in sink unless have a bigger wash to do then they are included. Think it may be towel washing I question as they don't dry as quickly but do hang them on line after showering to air

I wear things once and then into the wash they go. I would feel icky wearing clothes more than once before washing.
Me too, everything off at the end of the day and straight in the washing. i even have trouble rewearing items I might have worn for a few minutes and changed my mind before going out.

Reactions: zazava
Wear once…into the laundry!!
I would feel unclean if I wore the same clothes the next day…everyone to their own, but not for me

Reactions: Colette 3799
Losing a loved one is never easy, and going through their belongings can be an emotional task. But for Cynthia, it turned into a heartwarming discovery that could revolutionise your daily routine and keep your wardrobe organised.

As she sorted through her late mother's wardrobe, Cynthia stumbled upon a clever clothing hanger tip — apparently, her mother had come up with a genius system using numbered pegs to keep track of how many times she wore certain garments before they needed washing.

We've all been there - that moment of indecision when we're not quite sure if an item of clothing is still fresh enough for another wear or if it's time to toss it in the laundry. (We're all guilty of the sniff test.) But thanks to Cynthia's late mother, there's a brilliant solution to this common struggle that can simplify your wardrobe and keep your clothes organised.

No more guessing or messy piles of 'in-between' clothing!

View attachment 17463
Cynthia found a useful clothing hanger tip after her mother's passing involving numbered pegs. Credit: Facebook.

Cynthia recently shared her discovery in a popular Facebook group, and it's been making waves ever since. Her mother had designated a specific area in her closet for hanging up previously-worn items, and she used numbered pegs to keep track of their wear.

Once an item had been worn three times, it was time to toss it in the laundry. This ingenious system prevented her from piling up clothes on a chair or elsewhere, keeping her wardrobe and bedroom tidy and clutter-free!

Just imagine the convenience of having a designated spot in your closet for previously-worn items, and knowing exactly how many times you've worn them before they need washing.

Cynthia's late mother's ingenious clothing hanger hack has sparked a wave of inspiration among the members of the Facebook group, with many sharing their own creative ideas to keep track of their clothing and maintain tidiness in their wardrobe.

Some group members mentioned using different coloured hangers to designate the status of their clothing. It's a simple yet effective way to quickly identify which items have been worn and need washing, and which ones are still fresh for another wear.

Others mentioned using store dividers to separate their worn clothes from unworn ones, creating a clear distinction in their closet.

But perhaps one of the most relatable tips shared was the classic 'sniff and stain test'. As one user put it, 'I do the sniff and stain test. If it doesn't smell and has no stains, I guess I'm wearing it!'

View attachment 17464
Others prefer to use dividers to separate worn clothes from unworn ones. Credit: Facebook.

It's important to note that everyone has different preferences and comfort levels when it comes to wearing clothes multiple times before washing them. While the clothing hanger tip may work for some, others may have concerns about hygiene and personal comfort.

As one woman in the Facebook group pointed out, she personally prefers to wash her clothes after every wear, except for nightgowns. She mentioned that she sweats a lot and wants to ensure she doesn't have any unpleasant odours, and therefore chooses to wash her clothes regularly to maintain freshness.

Similarly, another group member mentioned that they live in a hot country and prefer to wash most of their clothes after every wear, with the exception of jeans. They prioritise keeping their clothes clean and fresh, and that's what works best for them.

We respect and acknowledge individual preferences and comfort levels when it comes to clothing hygiene. What may work for some may not work for others, and that's perfectly okay. Personal hygiene and comfort should always be a priority when it comes to clothing care!

So whether you prefer to follow Cynthia's late mother's system, or if you prefer to wash your clothes after every wear, it's essential to find what makes you feel comfortable and confident. After all, feeling good in your clothes is what matters most!

With that said, how often should you really wash your garments? Check out the discussion here!

Key Takeaways

• Cynthia's late mother's clothing hanger tip, using numbered pegs to keep track of worn clothing, has inspired many to find creative ways to maintain wardrobe tidiness and reduce clutter.
  • Some Facebook group members have shared their own hacks, such as using different coloured hangers or store dividers, while others prefer to wash their clothes after every wear due to personal hygiene and comfort preferences.

Members, we hope Cynthia's late mother's clothing hanger tip has inspired you to think creatively about organising your own wardrobe. Whether you decide to try using numbered clothespins, coloured hangers, or any other method, finding a system that works for you is key to maintaining a clutter-free and organised wardrobe.

We would love to hear from you! What are some of your favourite wardrobe organisation tips and tricks? Share them in the comments below, and let's continue the conversation. Together, we can conquer the challenge of keeping our wardrobes tidy and stylish!
Have used a system like this for over 40 years. I also fold or hang everything as I am taking them off the clothesline or out of the tumble dryer. Saves so much ironing time as well.

Reactions: Kgee
If I wear clean clothing for 30 minutes to 1.5 hrs, I remove the clothes as soon as I'm home and put on a nightie.

They are clean. It might be different if it was extremely warm and humidity was really bad outside.

Rehang/re-drawer clothes if I've just put them on for a quick pop out to the shops and always wear Jeans 3 times before washing them. Also fold clothes straight off the line, have done this for yrs so no longer need to iron.

Have used a system like this for over 40 years. I also fold or hang everything as I am taking them off the clothesline or out of the tumble dryer. Saves so much ironing time as well.
Yes, i fold as i go too. Saves everything getting wrinkled.