Neighbour's little white dog leaves a 'surprise' on this man's well-maintained lawn. His response is priceless.

One of the joys of owning a house is being able to maintain a beautiful garden. And yes, it can be a lot of work, but it's also so rewarding to see your labour of love come to fruition.

However, we also know that it can be extremely frustrating when other people fail to respect your property and treat it like their own personal dumping ground.

For example, there's nothing worse than coming home from a hard day at work only to find that somebody has let their dog use your lawn as a toilet. It completely ruins the look of your garden and takes away all enjoyment you had in maintaining it in the first place.

Unfortunately, this scenario is all too common, and as frustrating as it is, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it short of setting up CCTV cameras or confronting the offender ourselves.

But one man who recently found himself in this situation came up with an ingenious solution that not only sent a very clear message to his inconsiderate neighbour – he also managed to get some well-deserved laughs out of everyone who heard about his story.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.05.16 AM.png
Ashley caught his neighbour leaving her dog's poop on his lawn. Credit: Facebook/Ashley McKay.

Ashley McKay from Adelaide claims that he watched his neighbour's little white dog 'poo' on his carefully manicured lawn and then just walked away, leaving the mess behind.

Unwilling to just let the matter go, McKay decided to take matters into his own hands (literally!). Here's what he did: he scooped up the animal faeces, put it in an envelope, addressed it to the pet owner, and placed it in her letterbox the following day.

That's right, members – this guy actually scooped up the poo, put it in an envelope, and mailed it to his neighbour!

'When you let your dog s*** on my lawn, you get a special gift in the post,' McKay wrote on Facebook.

In an interview with a news source, McKay said that it was time that something had to be done regarding the matter, and he figured doing that was the 'nicest' thing to do among the other options he had.

'I've had a problem with people not picking up after their dogs, and I take pride in my front lawn, so I wanted to send a message,' he said.

We have to say, this is quite a 'creative' response to the situation.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.05.04 AM.png
McKay sent back the dog poop to his neighbour through her mailbox. Credit: Facebook/Ashley McKay.

According to McKay, the woman hasn't been back to his front lawn in a while, and he thinks she's started avoiding the street altogether when walking her dog.

'She certainly hasn't been back, not from what I've seen. I think she'll avoid the street altogether,' he said.

We think McKay's message was loud and clear, and we hope that his neighbour got the message loud and clear as well. From now on, we hope she'll be more considerate and make sure to clean up after her dog when out and about.

Do you have any funny or creative stories about dealing with inconsiderate neighbours? We'd love to hear them! Share them with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
I did the same thing but I put it in a plastic bag and put it on their doorstep with a note that said this belongs in your yard not on other peoples footpaths.
On another occasion I took a photo of a different dog while the owner stood on my footpath watching their dog do its business, then informed them I was sending the photo to the local council.
In both cases owners decided not to walk their dogs on my side of the road ever again.

One of the joys of owning a house is being able to maintain a beautiful garden. And yes, it can be a lot of work, but it's also so rewarding to see your labour of love come to fruition.

However, we also know that it can be extremely frustrating when other people fail to respect your property and treat it like their own personal dumping ground.

For example, there's nothing worse than coming home from a hard day at work only to find that somebody has let their dog use your lawn as a toilet. It completely ruins the look of your garden and takes away all enjoyment you had in maintaining it in the first place.

Unfortunately, this scenario is all too common, and as frustrating as it is, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it short of setting up CCTV cameras or confronting the offender ourselves.

But one man who recently found himself in this situation came up with an ingenious solution that not only sent a very clear message to his inconsiderate neighbour – he also managed to get some well-deserved laughs out of everyone who heard about his story.

View attachment 9564
Ashley caught his neighbour leaving her dog's poop on his lawn. Credit: Facebook/Ashley McKay.

Ashley McKay from Adelaide claims that he watched his neighbour's little white dog 'poo' on his carefully manicured lawn and then just walked away, leaving the mess behind.

Unwilling to just let the matter go, McKay decided to take matters into his own hands (literally!). Here's what he did: he scooped up the animal faeces, put it in an envelope, addressed it to the pet owner, and placed it in her letterbox the following day.

That's right, members – this guy actually scooped up the poo, put it in an envelope, and mailed it to his neighbour!

'When you let your dog s*** on my lawn, you get a special gift in the post,' McKay wrote on Facebook.

In an interview with a news source, McKay said that it was time that something had to be done regarding the matter, and he figured doing that was the 'nicest' thing to do among the other options he had.

'I've had a problem with people not picking up after their dogs, and I take pride in my front lawn, so I wanted to send a message,' he said.

View attachment 9565
McKay sent back the dog poop to his neighbour through her mailbox. Credit: Facebook/Ashley McKay.

According to McKay, the woman hasn't been back to his front lawn in a while, and he thinks she's started avoiding the street altogether when walking her dog.

'She certainly hasn't been back, not from what I've seen. I think she'll avoid the street altogether,' he said.

We think McKay's message was loud and clear, and we hope that his neighbour got the message loud and clear as well. From now on, we hope she'll be more considerate and make sure to clean up after her dog when out and about.

Do you have any funny or creative stories about dealing with inconsiderate neighbours? We'd love to hear them! Share them with us in the comments below.
What she deserved!

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

Hopefully they might realise they only need to carry poop bags so no-one needs to be indisposed.

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

I live in units and some of the dog owners (younger people) are inconsiderate not cleaning up after their dogs. One even going as far as blaming another dog in the units who’s completely trained and her mum picks her business up when she’s done despite being elderly and having bad knees and hips! Like children, Some people don’t deserve to have pets!!! Might need to consider this action 😂

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

That's gold 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My husband picks up the poop and throws it on the offending owners driveway in line with where they drive their car, they either spot it and get out and move it, or drive through it and track it into their garage. Most of the offenders now avoid our lawn or pick up after their dogs. He once put some in neighbours letterbox but he didn’t put it in an envelope, just as naturel, lovely surprise for the neighbour.

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

I had a similar problem in that the dog poo was on my driveway each morning, so I waited to see that a person from another street stood while the dog did it’s business. The next day I waited while hosing the front lawn and the woman allowed the dog to go about its business in front of me, I asked if she would like it happen at her place, no response, so I hosed it off in front of her. Next day the same, so while I hosed away the dogs business I hosed her as well and assured her the same again if she persisted, to date no further happenings. I now live in a unit and don’t have a problem now.

The only poo I get on my front lawn or driveway is from Kangaroos, can't really go after them!! My dogs are too tightarsed to share their bodily functions! No matter how long their walk they come in, rush out into the back garden and relieve themselves there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: !!

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

I was bought up with the attitude that if an animal crapped where it shouldn't you would rub its nose in it. This was before legislation and doggie bags that came just a few years ago. I happened to be sitting on my step in the sun surrounded by rose bushes, when I noticed this bloke stop the post for the Fire Brigade, now the dog had sniffed around and I thought it was going to cock its leg, no problem it was only essentially water, but then it went to squat and I thought the bloke was going to shit himself when he heard a voice come from nowhere that if his dog shit on the lawn I'd rub his nose in it, he never ever looked to where the voice came from just picked up his dog and bolted.

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

Between my house and the neighbour's was a 1 metre wide stretch of lawn, about 4 metres long. When I mowed my front lawn I would mow this stretch as well, but the neighbour would only mow his 'side', leaving an uneven strip between our houses. This looked silly, so after a few times when this happened I used to mow it in patches, leaving some of it high, some very short, and some in between, so it looked really bad!

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

We had a similar problem 30+ ago. A neighbour 2 houses up was the council dog catcher. We would have dog messes on our lawn every day but didn’t know who’s dog. One day neighbour was outside fixing car. His dog came down and left his calling card. Hubby got a shovel, picked it up, took it to the neighbour, dumped it at is feet and said “ I believe this is yours”. No more problem.

The only poo I get on my front lawn or driveway is from Kangaroos, can't really go after them!! My dogs are too tightarsed to share their bodily functions! No matter how long their walk they come in, rush out into the back garden and relieve themselves there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: !!
My husband walks our daughters dogs and always picks up after them. At the front of our house we get Roo poo too
1670247699792.jpeg

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

I have the same problem and that is my intention as soon I find out the culprit, only I will put it in the letterbox with just a note, no envelope because this has been going on for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: Jen77au and Ricci
Many years ago, when we bought our first home in Bunyip, being country there were not many fences.
Whilst saving the money to have fences done we had a chap who walked his large dog across our front yard every day leaving his business.When I confronted him and said my.children play there, his comment was that had been vacant land for years and he always walked his dog there, he ignored me and kept doing it.
So, one day I got my husband's four greyhounds out and walked them around and around on his front yard (no fence) until they had left all left sizable bundles.
When he confronted me I just commented that at some time that would have been vacant land, just like mine, never saw him again.

Picking up dog poo is not a pleasant task but it definitely should not be the job of the person who doesnt own the dog. Most dogs delight in pooing on their walk, it is a known fact. Be prepared and do the right thing. Giving it back seems like the least you could do.