Natalie Barr’s sudden disappearance from Sunrise: Fill-in presenter reveals the reason

It's rare to see any changes to the cast and crew of Channel Seven's popular breakfast program, Sunrise, so it came as quite a surprise over the weekend when it was announced that Natalie Barr wouldn't be appearing on the show this week.

When Monique Wright stepped in as her fill-in presenter, local viewers let out a collective 'Hmmm.'

So what happened to the beloved host?

Thankfully, the new panel soon addressed the elephant in the room: Barr was simply enjoying a much-needed and very-deserved week off. The popular host had taken to the skies to visit the beautiful coast of Western Australia, with Cable Beach in Broome being her first of many planned stops.

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 1.52.30 PM.png
Nat Barr was absent from Sunrise in the recent episodes. Credit: Instagram/natalie_barr7.

Upon arrival, Barr shared images and videos of her magical, camel-led sunset tour along the sand and shared her thoughts with her silver-screen followers.

'Absolutely. Nothing. Like it,' said Barr in the caption of one of her posts. 'This is something I've always wanted to do. I've seen pictures of the camel rides on Cable Beach. Look at this—at sunset, on a camel. So peaceful and beautiful.'

Going beyond the mere romanticism of a sunset ride on the beach, Barr acknowledged the video with a bit of Aussie pride too. 'Iconic, it's such an Aussie thing to do! You've got to do it.'

Barr is expected to return to the morning show on Monday, July 24.

Nat's holiday comes after she had a rather heated discussion with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, focusing on the pressing issue of the rising cost of living.

During the interview, Barr inquired about Albanese's strategies for addressing the problem of food theft in schools. This issue was highlighted in a report from a primary school in NSW, which revealed that some students were stealing their classmates' lunches due to their parents or guardians experiencing financial difficulties and being unable to provide meals for them.

'This is under your watch. How do you feel about that?' she asked.

Barr also raised concerns about the challenges faced by Australians with mortgages. She described them as being severely impacted and struggling to cope with the continual rise in interest rates.

'What else can you do for the people who are still spending because it seems the people with the mortgages are just the ones being hit all the time. What's your message to the Reserve Bank?' said the host.

Albanese replied: 'Well, you are right, Nat. Some people are doing okay, while others are doing it really tough. And that's why the government has a difficult task to manage.'

To access the full story, please click on the following link to read the article.

Key Takeaways

• Sunrise host Natalie Barr was noticeably absent from the Channel Seven breakfast show on Monday morning.
  • Fellow presenter Monique Wright filled in for Barr, who is taking a week-long break to travel Western Australia.
  • On her Instagram page, Barr shared pictures and videos of her excursion, including a camel ride at Cable Beach in Broome.
  • Natalie Barr is expected to return to Sunrise on Monday, July 24.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club have to agree: a camel ride along Cable Beach at sunset is an experience straight out of a postcard and one we recommend to anyone looking for a bit of outdoor adventure in their life.

It's great to hear that even though Barr has one of the busiest media jobs in the country, she still takes time to breeze away from everything and enjoy a bit of relaxation. We wish her all the best on the rest of her travels, and we can't wait to see her back on the Sunrise sofa.

What are your thoughts, folks? Have you also noticed her disappearance on the breakfast show? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
News last night said Albo popularity has gone right down with the high Cost
of Living not just for pensioners but everyone food has gone threw the roof
I live in my own my groceries for last shop was $284.90 that’s with out cat food that I got at Bunnings bit cheaper in big box , election held now I don’t think Labor would survive
they are supposed to be for the working peoples but not now they aren’t

I would love a holiday on Cable Beach and ride the camels along the beach. I looked into it once when I lived in WA. The price was so prohibitive even back then, It was cheaper to go to Bali for a MONTH than go to Cable Beach for a week which is crazy. In the end I did neither, I went to Rottnest Island! :)

I would love a holiday on Cable Beach and ride the camels along the beach. I looked into it once when I lived in WA. The price was so prohibitive even back then, It was cheaper to go to Bali for a MONTH than go to Cable Beach for a week which is crazy. In the end I did neither, I went to Rottnest Island! :)
I haven't been to Cable Beach when I lived in WA or since, however, I did ride the camels at the camel farm at Coolgardie. That was amazing.

I have to agree with a couple of the commenters here - I'm no fan of Natalie Barr and am, frankly, enjoying the respite from her strident, mouth-open-before-brain-engaged presence on Sunrise.

As for her holiday.... Camels spit. They are smelly, obnoxious beasts, and not that comfortable to ride. I rode them in the Middle East a couple of decades ago - not an hour long ride, but a three week adventure, and by the time said adventure was over, I was well and truly cured of any romantical notions attached to the concept of riding off into the sunset on one of these beasts.

Jess

Brome has always been excessively expensive, mainly to cater for the rich and famous. Accommodation for just a motel room runs from $450 a night to $800 a night so its impossible for the average Joe Blow to stay there and see the camels at sunset or any other tourist adventure like the boat that takes you out around the cliffs at sunset and have canapes on the way back.

Reactions: Ricci and Gaena
It's rare to see any changes to the cast and crew of Channel Seven's popular breakfast program, Sunrise, so it came as quite a surprise over the weekend when it was announced that Natalie Barr wouldn't be appearing on the show this week.

When Monique Wright stepped in as her fill-in presenter, local viewers let out a collective 'Hmmm.'

Thankfully, the new panel soon addressed the elephant in the room: Barr was simply enjoying a much-needed and very-deserved week off. The popular host had taken to the skies to visit the beautiful coast of Western Australia, with Cable Beach in Broome being her first of many planned stops.

View attachment 25308
Nat Barr was absent from Sunrise in the recent episodes. Credit: Instagram/natalie_barr7.

Upon arrival, Barr shared images and videos of her magical, camel-led sunset tour along the sand and shared her thoughts with her silver-screen followers.

'Absolutely. Nothing. Like it,' said Barr in the caption of one of her posts. 'This is something I've always wanted to do. I've seen pictures of the camel rides on Cable Beach. Look at this—at sunset, on a camel. So peaceful and beautiful.'

Going beyond the mere romanticism of a sunset ride on the beach, Barr acknowledged the video with a bit of Aussie pride too. 'Iconic, it's such an Aussie thing to do! You've got to do it.'

Nat's holiday comes after she had a rather heated discussion with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, focusing on the pressing issue of the rising cost of living.

During the interview, Barr inquired about Albanese's strategies for addressing the problem of food theft in schools. This issue was highlighted in a report from a primary school in NSW, which revealed that some students were stealing their classmates' lunches due to their parents or guardians experiencing financial difficulties and being unable to provide meals for them.

Barr also raised concerns about the challenges faced by Australians with mortgages. She described them as being severely impacted and struggling to cope with the continual rise in interest rates.

'What else can you do for the people who are still spending because it seems the people with the mortgages are just the ones being hit all the time. What's your message to the Reserve Bank?' said the host.

Albanese replied: 'Well, you are right, Nat. Some people are doing okay, while others are doing it really tough. And that's why the government has a difficult task to manage.'

To access the full story, please click on the following link to read the article.

Key Takeaways

• Sunrise host Natalie Barr was noticeably absent from the Channel Seven breakfast show on Monday morning.
  • Fellow presenter Monique Wright filled in for Barr, who is taking a week-long break to travel Western Australia.
  • On her Instagram page, Barr shared pictures and videos of her excursion, including a camel ride at Cable Beach in Broome.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club have to agree: a camel ride along Cable Beach at sunset is an experience straight out of a postcard and one we recommend to anyone looking for a bit of outdoor adventure in their life.

It's great to hear that even though Barr has one of the busiest media jobs in the country, she still takes time to breeze away from everything and enjoy a bit of relaxation. We wish her all the best on the rest of her travels, and we can't wait to see her back on the Sunrise sofa.

What are your thoughts, folks? Have you also noticed her disappearance on the breakfast show? Let us know in the comments below!
Obviously Natalie Barr an't doing it tuff 🤔😳

Spot on Ricci.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 25308

Key Takeaways

Good nat is having a break but it’s going

View attachment 25308

Key Takeaways

I am not one of those people who who expects the government to bail us out from every crisis in our lifes, when we had interest rates at record levels of 18% no one bailed us out, we also hadrecord inflation rates, I agree there should be some help but Barrs attack was not appropriate, the Government can only do so much, attacking the PM was a stunt for 7, I generally dont watch 7 because of its obvious bias against Labor.

Monique is a far better look and presenter than Nat.
D
Shervo and Mon are where the station should go.
I would disagree with you on this one. Monique and her sidekick Matt Doran on weekend sunrise behave like obnoxious ill-disciplined teenagers. They don't listen to their guests, too busy talking over each other and the guest. They both need to learn they are not the news; their job is to report it.

Reactions: Linwar and Ricci