When I was a kid I had a crystal set for a radio, now I have a internet radio which I can connect to any station in the world with a online signal (which practically all do have) as kid never drempt anything like this would be possible.

before them, I had web charts hanging all around me, Printers were what marked imprints in the ground. A mouse was a little scurrying creature. Conference calls were when the phone operator sat listening to everything. a person said. Viruses were something to sneeze at, and marketing was the papers that crammed your letterbox and lay strewn all across the lawn.

The first time I saw a computer a mate had one.

I stood behind him watching him type gobbledygook on a green screen and laughing said "so this is the future huh and laughed even in my old EH Holden, as I drove away. Computers got better though.

Computers now are like the games we used to have in arcades. The trick seems to be, to figure out who is a scammer and who is just an inbox crammer. The unmonitored sites and the American "We will get back to you soon" replies, that can leave an issue unresolved for days or weeks, all attest to the wonders of this modern invention.

And then we find out or computers like our televisions, are actually recording us all now, every time we go online or watch anything, it is quite insane, but that's the modern world for us.

I remember watching a movie as a child and then a sign written on a board was placed in front of the screen that read. 'GONE TO THE TOILET'... I reckon that describes where technology is heading too...I'm not that big a fan.

I will have to get me a cute and informed carbon-based bi pedal computer interface home operating system, to help me figure them out I reckon. For now, they are just a thing that enables me to very slowly type (albeit neatly) out information.

At least we knew how to use our computers for the good of our education. A simple satchel was enough to carry the necessary equipment for a day of schooling. Unlike today where kids need a pantech truck to take what they need every day. No more does the school provide the essentials that are needed for education now everyone has to own the necessity for the job at hand. No wonder we are stuck with young people who know nothing outside of themselves from looking at a screen all day. I remember we even had time in our school day to have a lesson on obscure facts & odd things that happened in the world. In watching quiz shows it is amazing how little about our world today the younger generation knows. Mind you I know nothing about modern music or film. But I still remember odd facts that have stuck in my brain.

Obviously, my computer never grew up.....I still have the same version and no other.
To borrow a grown-up version, I have to trek to the Library.
I have the grown-up version and couldn't live without it but multiple copies of the old version are used all the time and I couldn't live without them either :)

Reactions: Ezzy and JayKay
I love computers/tablets and smartphones - they make my life easier and give me so much pleasure in so many different ways
I started with the working as a Commonwealth public servant in 1974 and a new machine had just arrived - an all in one keyboard and computer linked to a giant sized mainframe, obviously a forerunner to the modern day computers, it taught me to be a proficient typist and instilled a very strong work ethic, not to mention a great superannuation scheme, none of us really understood this word on our payslips !!

Reactions: Ezzy and RTS
The person who developed auto correct, may they one day rust in pizza for their service to grandma.

Without those we wood possibly be quiet unable to present house elves clearly on paper.

Reactions: Ezzy