Mum's horror goes viral after her little girl draws all over a friend's couch with a permanent marker

A panic-stricken mum has made the rounds on social media after she sought advice for her dilemma.

The issue? Her little daughter had scribbled all over her friend's couch with a permanent marker.

You read that right, folks! As it turned out, the little girl — who the mum said had taken a "rare moment" of alone time — managed to add her own "special touches" to the beige sofa set.

What's worse is that the mother's friend had only volunteered to help the pair have a place to stay while they were travelling.

"Can anyone help me? I don't know how to clean this," the mum wrote in a Facebook post along with a photo of the vandalised couch.

uZVs-xtQZo4CiSqNa3pyYIqKU1HEFT1hs1tfgKP03ohMmHJNdFTj5cM_zJp9GwdKSoZ1zL_7NJ_BwOMf2ZoUpQZHoZY84AIY3DKtjjfUf1a_KsXTmGOY1QlwrfWVnU2Gs8qkXvmhjPSlv_p8

The mum took to Facebook to seek advice for her dilemma. Credit: Facebook.

Several users were quick to reprimand the mum, telling her to replace the furniture and keep her eyes on her child.

The mum then defended herself, explaining that she already considered professional cleaning and couch replacement as some of her options to make it up to her friend, but she thought it would be good to ask for advice first.

Despite backlash about the mum's "inaction", many were sympathetic.

One wrote: "You poor thing, why do they do this kind of stuff the little buggers, a good story for her 18th though."

"Kids suck sometimes, don't beat yourself up about it Mumma," one mum added, advising her to do careful research about the cost of the couch.

Others recommended trying some DIY tricks to get rid of the permanent marker lines.

One comment read: "I get pen out of my children's school uniforms by spraying hair spray then washing as normal. This only works if you haven't washed it or tried other products on it."

"I used hand sanitiser on my leather couch when my little one drew on it with a permanent marker," another advised.

A third added: "When my daughter drew on my car seats a professional cleaner told me to use metho - and it worked a treat."

2bNeVy1jzi6Ir3XNs4F0OyhX0Caxp0_lpagHT3JLmG5aH98CUDSb1KOGMbizKnNgwe7RuwkfmfAtb42O6JtFqZozDZVBYXKEx7OdAQL3rnt43mCVY8NpF38dAvkHcyEuEHrR78vAKM8gRy7j

Several users pointed out that the mum should’ve kept an eye out for her daughter. Credit: Cushy Couch.

Meanwhile, some users insisted that opting for professional cleaning services was the best choice for the situation.

One person said: "If it was a small spot then I would say give it a go, but it isn't, it is huge so you need to call in backup."

"You poor thing, our darling children. Be honest and get it professionally cleaned, it is not worth the risk when she has helped you out," another commented.

A third explained: "The pros will have this clean in no time - and with much less stress."

"Seeing as it is someone else's I wouldn't risk experimental cleaning, just call in the professionals."

Some users claimed that replacing the couch is still the best solution to the problem.

One person suggested: "She should check her insurance policy, if she has accidental damage they should replace it. You would just need to pay the excess."

"To be honest I think you need to buy her a new couch. Depending on the fabric anything you use will just damage it," another said.

The mum has yet to give an update about the whole situation. But, whatever her chosen solution is, we hope it worked out for her and her friend in the end!

How about you? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the mum should replace the couch or opt for professional cleaning services instead?

Reactions: BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
A panic-stricken mum has made the rounds on social media after she sought advice for her dilemma.

The issue? Her little daughter had scribbled all over her friend's couch with a permanent marker.

You read that right, folks! As it turned out, the little girl — who the mum said had taken a "rare moment" of alone time — managed to add her own "special touches" to the beige sofa set.

What's worse is that the mother's friend had only volunteered to help the pair have a place to stay while they were travelling.

"Can anyone help me? I don't know how to clean this," the mum wrote in a Facebook post along with a photo of the vandalised couch.

uZVs-xtQZo4CiSqNa3pyYIqKU1HEFT1hs1tfgKP03ohMmHJNdFTj5cM_zJp9GwdKSoZ1zL_7NJ_BwOMf2ZoUpQZHoZY84AIY3DKtjjfUf1a_KsXTmGOY1QlwrfWVnU2Gs8qkXvmhjPSlv_p8

Several users were quick to reprimand the mum, telling her to replace the furniture and keep her eyes on her child.

The mum then defended herself, explaining that she already considered professional cleaning and couch replacement as some of her options to make it up to her friend, but she thought it would be good to ask for advice first.

One wrote: "You poor thing, why do they do this kind of stuff the little buggers, a good story for her 18th though."

"Kids suck sometimes, don't beat yourself up about it Mumma," one mum added, advising her to do careful research about the cost of the couch.

Others recommended trying some DIY tricks to get rid of the permanent marker lines.

One comment read: "I get pen out of my children's school uniforms by spraying hair spray then washing as normal. This only works if you haven't washed it or tried other products on it."

"I used hand sanitiser on my leather couch when my little one drew on it with a permanent marker," another advised.

A third added: "When my daughter drew on my car seats a professional cleaner told me to use metho - and it worked a treat."

2bNeVy1jzi6Ir3XNs4F0OyhX0Caxp0_lpagHT3JLmG5aH98CUDSb1KOGMbizKnNgwe7RuwkfmfAtb42O6JtFqZozDZVBYXKEx7OdAQL3rnt43mCVY8NpF38dAvkHcyEuEHrR78vAKM8gRy7j

Several users pointed out that the mum should’ve kept an eye out for her daughter. Credit: Cushy Couch.

Meanwhile, some users insisted that opting for professional cleaning services was the best choice for the situation.

One person said: "If it was a small spot then I would say give it a go, but it isn't, it is huge so you need to call in backup."

"You poor thing, our darling children. Be honest and get it professionally cleaned, it is not worth the risk when she has helped you out," another commented.

A third explained: "The pros will have this clean in no time - and with much less stress."

"Seeing as it is someone else's I wouldn't risk experimental cleaning, just call in the professionals."

Some users claimed that replacing the couch is still the best solution to the problem.

One person suggested: "She should check her insurance policy, if she has accidental damage they should replace it. You would just need to pay the excess."

"To be honest I think you need to buy her a new couch. Depending on the fabric anything you use will just damage it," another said.

The mum has yet to give an update about the whole situation. But, whatever her chosen solution is, we hope it worked out for her and her friend in the end!

How about you? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the mum should replace the couch or opt for professional cleaning services instead?
I love how people chastise the women for not watching her children, some people are so perfect that even when they are in the toilet or having a shower they are watching their children it seems doesn't it. Don't worry, they're children, it's there job to do things like this, be happy you have normal healthy rascally little children at least!.

Your article above said toothpaste take out permanent marker. How about trying that?

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
I wouldn't even try to clean it myself, I'd call in the professionals straight away. If that doesn't work then you may be up for a new couch but I'd definitely talk to the owner first, there's an outside chance they were thinking of replacing it anyway and you could chip in a few bucks.:)

Reactions: JayKay

Draw all over the offending kid. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci
It's certainly worth giving it a go with some of the handy hints ...in small patches to see if anything works better...eg Metho, toothpaste, Aeroguard....
If nothing works in a small patch, try the professionals, get a quote along with how certain they may be of getting it out....
If all else fails ...new couch!

Last edited:

Yeah she could try one of these ideas, good luck on it working!!! Otherwise really she has to pay to have it professionally cleaned & if unsuccessful recovering! A costly lesson, keep all markers, scissors etc. up high away from little hands!

When it was my own couch I was happy to experiment at ways to get it off but if one of my littlies had done that to someone else's (thankfully they didn't) I'd have organised professional cleaning to save the friendship.....simple.

You've all forgotten the woman on 3AW whose Dad is a Chemist. I even have her book of 600 pages in my library. Her name is Shannon Lush & together with her friend Jennifer Fleming she wrote "Completely Spotless." Everyone who has it has praised them to the hilt. I would look up the index for the category of the damage but I cannot see it with one blind eye. If I wait until daylight I am sure somehow I could give you an idea. I just KNOW it will be in that book. As for the child who did it, well, look @ it this way. We have all done naughty things in our lives no matter what urges us on to do things. Let's face it. IT IS replaceable, not like my eye, so be thankful for Shannon Lush. Good luck. Ring 3AW on Monday or buy the book for future reference. Wish I could tell you right now the answer.