Mum shows off remarkable step renovation using a budget Kmart buy – ‘What a fantastic idea!’

If you’ve been itching to spice up your home’s aesthetic but spending a huge chunk of hard-earned money is the last thing you want to do, we’ve got you covered.

A savvy mum has left thousands in awe with her ‘genius’ front step transformation – and the good news is that she only needed to get her hands on $26 tiles from Kmart.

Barb Arella shared a stunning side-by-side comparison of her front steps on a popular Facebook group. Before the makeover, the steps looked quite worn down. The paint was peeling off and revealing the unsightly concrete underneath.

So Barb got a hold of the tiles from Kmart, two pieces of timber, and a few potted plants to bring the steps back to life.

p9KeXeZnIoKWfchbnrs72AyLy4clPmCZ1Q9etpXomvAj15PlgLShawClz2r20QndXKfbgzaAmS7rEgQOYZ3sIUiGENC4y45pUGImRum95oYjTpN77EP-4e69cGJAJfNGlPmamEnsFj40YQiMdWe3pA
viQh1_bXBMr6E4MaPGxmnKLV3hlmtd26SrSooFwMSjc-iBI2YW7m1tPdEYCkf9f6jYrrHRCv9RxfONBM3PwIr49kaMkATj4cQooUTzfu8DRCeAXEfKgPUq9CFCAaJjqJw11Rcu00OzDD-CufWbpUNg

Before and after pictures of Barb’s front steps. Source: Facebook

The ANKO Light Stone Decking Tiles cost $26 for a pack of four and can be clipped together, making installation hassle-free. Each tile measures 29.5 square centimetres and is made of natural travertine stone, with a polypropylene base.

Kmart’s website states that the tiles are designed to ‘upgrade the look of your outdoor space or patio’.

‘These steps have always been a thorn in my side,’ the mum captioned her Facebook post.

‘They aren’t perfect, but they are perfect for me. Thank you, Kmart.’

Barb added that she was pleased with the result as her old steps made her feel a little ‘embarrassed’. But now, she’s keen to have people over as they look so ‘fresh and clean’.

The mum’s post was praised by many, amassing nearly 7000 likes and hundreds of comments in only a few hours.

‘Oh wow, great job there! It looks so much better and inviting.’ one person wrote.

‘I’d have a cuppa there. I love it!’ said another.

4ETYoVlUVBM-M6JIW3w0Vi5xyy-8YhIf2_ZHiEFy6IH2uo9S6e8pIrj2UF4YKPNtA2lJODvv7TaM1PH8ThSGQbGGTeM3IEN41cmjKOGPE-E664Uj5fuxulqCa1kLm_c5L3FOzTex094k5kJqisg-Lw
p6oqlbwBYQ6fFflYhcqL63AsmD3ZrJEKmz4PSseumqt9egtE11ztUrBAV4JvjJHTL6jq-wcKAv01e4mItiPMGHAHBgAGNxxK6Ra8tV2VRfKtNkCEuJVLGzhNNdNrn_721A7GyQSCESgbXNUDOSyNbw

The ANKO Light Stone Decking Tiles. Source: Kmart

‘Amazing! It went from overworked, old, unloved, and feral to loved, pristine, and awesome.’ a third commented, while a fourth added: ‘You must be so happy!’

Others were inspired by Barb’s mini project, sharing that they were planning to do something similar.

‘Wow, I am going to do this to my front steps too!’ a user declared. 'It’s exactly what it needs. I can’t wait.’

‘I’m going to Kmart tomorrow to grab these for my garden,’ another added. ‘What a fantastic idea!’

What are your thoughts on Barb’s front step transformation? Will you be heading to your local Kmart store to do a similar project? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
If you’ve been itching to spice up your home’s aesthetic but spending a huge chunk of hard-earned money is the last thing you want to do, we’ve got you covered.

A savvy mum has left thousands in awe with her ‘genius’ front step transformation – and the good news is that she only needed to get her hands on $26 tiles from Kmart.

Barb Arella shared a stunning side-by-side comparison of her front steps on a popular Facebook group. Before the makeover, the steps looked quite worn down. The paint was peeling off and revealing the unsightly concrete underneath.

So Barb got a hold of the tiles from Kmart, two pieces of timber, and a few potted plants to bring the steps back to life.

p9KeXeZnIoKWfchbnrs72AyLy4clPmCZ1Q9etpXomvAj15PlgLShawClz2r20QndXKfbgzaAmS7rEgQOYZ3sIUiGENC4y45pUGImRum95oYjTpN77EP-4e69cGJAJfNGlPmamEnsFj40YQiMdWe3pA
viQh1_bXBMr6E4MaPGxmnKLV3hlmtd26SrSooFwMSjc-iBI2YW7m1tPdEYCkf9f6jYrrHRCv9RxfONBM3PwIr49kaMkATj4cQooUTzfu8DRCeAXEfKgPUq9CFCAaJjqJw11Rcu00OzDD-CufWbpUNg

Before and after pictures of Barb’s front steps. Source: Facebook

The ANKO Light Stone Decking Tiles cost $26 for a pack of four and can be clipped together, making installation hassle-free. Each tile measures 29.5 square centimetres and is made of natural travertine stone, with a polypropylene base.

Kmart’s website states that the tiles are designed to ‘upgrade the look of your outdoor space or patio’.

‘These steps have always been a thorn in my side,’ the mum captioned her Facebook post.

‘They aren’t perfect, but they are perfect for me. Thank you, Kmart.’

Barb added that she was pleased with the result as her old steps made her feel a little ‘embarrassed’. But now, she’s keen to have people over as they look so ‘fresh and clean’.

The mum’s post was praised by many, amassing nearly 7000 likes and hundreds of comments in only a few hours.

‘Oh wow, great job there! It looks so much better and inviting.’ one person wrote.

‘I’d have a cuppa there. I love it!’ said another.

4ETYoVlUVBM-M6JIW3w0Vi5xyy-8YhIf2_ZHiEFy6IH2uo9S6e8pIrj2UF4YKPNtA2lJODvv7TaM1PH8ThSGQbGGTeM3IEN41cmjKOGPE-E664Uj5fuxulqCa1kLm_c5L3FOzTex094k5kJqisg-Lw
p6oqlbwBYQ6fFflYhcqL63AsmD3ZrJEKmz4PSseumqt9egtE11ztUrBAV4JvjJHTL6jq-wcKAv01e4mItiPMGHAHBgAGNxxK6Ra8tV2VRfKtNkCEuJVLGzhNNdNrn_721A7GyQSCESgbXNUDOSyNbw

The ANKO Light Stone Decking Tiles. Source: Kmart

‘Amazing! It went from overworked, old, unloved, and feral to loved, pristine, and awesome.’ a third commented, while a fourth added: ‘You must be so happy!’

Others were inspired by Barb’s mini project, sharing that they were planning to do something similar.

‘Wow, I am going to do this to my front steps too!’ a user declared. 'It’s exactly what it needs. I can’t wait.’

‘I’m going to Kmart tomorrow to grab these for my garden,’ another added. ‘What a fantastic idea!’

What are your thoughts on Barb’s front step transformation? Will you be heading to your local Kmart store to do a similar project? Let us know in the comments!
Makes the entrance to Barb's home very attractive. I believe the addition of the WELCOME sign & the potted plant are an excellent addition too. The home looks so bright & breezy opposed to the before photo. Congratulations Barb.

These may need to be sealed to keep them clean (l believe them to be porous & will discolour with dirt etc.), but l am sure that may have been a part of the instructions for these tiles.