Mum shares ‘extreme method’ of cleaning her oven racks: “The cleanest they have ever been”

Others may see it differently but for us, oven racks are one of the most annoying things to clean in the kitchen – they’re big, clunky, and scrubbing them requires lots of hard work to remove those layers of burnt-on grease and charred food bits.

And while there are lots of ways to clean your oven racks, such as using dishwashing tablets or this cleaner from Woolies, most of them will either still require strenuous scrubbing or will take up several hours of your time.

One mum has had enough – she wants her oven racks cleaned effectively and immediately. That’s why she opted for a rather ‘extreme’ method.

2Au63egPSLufh6GXSfKMK-jQOTvo7u5fttbpTg-tsTCY5eHwjY5786quGzq63G69GBdRxSi0lZmJNXTjq1Zluk8X7QWC3aG-9HJPssXjvR6_U0ev0lf0nKicbEtxLUyV69CGGjdh

One mum reveals her ‘extreme’ method for cleaning oven racks that involves no scrubbing. Credit: Facebook.
Holly from Newcastle, NSW, revealed a rather ‘extreme’ cleaning method for her dirty oven racks – by using her trusty Gerni high-pressure washer!

The powerful stream of water that comes out of the hose effectively cleans off grime and food residue from her oven racks, leaving them sparkling and looking brand new with little to no effort. “It was so satisfying,” says the busy mum-of-four.

All she has to do is to take the dirty oven racks outside and place them onto a concrete surface. Then using the high-pressure washer, she blasts the grease and burnt food buildup away. As easy as that! (And as an added bonus, it even cleans the concrete underneath the racks.)

If there is any leftover residue on the oven racks, she gives them a quick wash in hot soapy water and wipes them dry. Now they’re ready to be placed back in the oven for more usage.

“They are honestly the cleanest they have ever been,” Holly claims, adding that she will never “scrub an oven rack again”, after discovering this method.

On a popular Facebook cleaning group, Holly’s extreme cleaning method was praised and commended by lots of fellow members.

“Get out! You are an absolute genius,” wrote one, while another added: “What a great idea. Just made my next task easy.”

A pressure washer is one of the most versatile tools in a person’s arsenal; in fact, lots of people own one of them at home. They’re great for cleaning almost everything outdoors – cars, windows, outdoor furniture, fences, pavements, and much more.

Watch this clip below and see just how amazing at cleaning they are!

Credit: Buzzfeed Multiplayer.

However, we must advise our members that pressure washers are an extremely powerful - and potentially dangerous - tool, especially if you have one of the more concentrated nozzles on.

You should always start with the least intense nozzle attachment on an area that you are pressure washing so you don’t risk damaging the surface. If it doesn’t seem to be getting clean, simply move up to a stronger nozzle attachment.

You also have to make sure no one, especially the grandkids or any household pets, are around the area that you are pressure washing to avoid getting sprayed. Don’t spray your skin with a pressure washer, either!

Do you have a pressure washer at home? If not, there are a lot of good options over at Bunnings. And if you already do have one, what are the other things you clean with it?

Share with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
Mum shares ‘extreme method’ of cleaning her oven racks: “The cleanest they have ever been”

Others may see it differently but for us, oven racks are one of the most annoying things to clean in the kitchen – they’re big, clunky, and scrubbing them requires lots of hard work to remove those layers of burnt-on grease and charred food bits.

And while there are lots of ways to clean your oven racks, such as using dishwashing tablets or this cleaner from Woolies, most of them will either still require strenuous scrubbing or will take up several hours of your time.

One mum has had enough – she wants her oven racks cleaned effectively and immediately. That’s why she opted for a rather ‘extreme’ method.

2Au63egPSLufh6GXSfKMK-jQOTvo7u5fttbpTg-tsTCY5eHwjY5786quGzq63G69GBdRxSi0lZmJNXTjq1Zluk8X7QWC3aG-9HJPssXjvR6_U0ev0lf0nKicbEtxLUyV69CGGjdh

One mum reveals her ‘extreme’ method for cleaning oven racks that involves no scrubbing. Credit: Facebook.
Holly from Newcastle, NSW, revealed a rather ‘extreme’ cleaning method for her dirty oven racks – by using her trusty Gerni high-pressure washer!

The powerful stream of water that comes out of the hose effectively cleans off grime and food residue from her oven racks, leaving them sparkling and looking brand new with little to no effort. “It was so satisfying,” says the busy mum-of-four.

All she has to do is to take the dirty oven racks outside and place them onto a concrete surface. Then using the high-pressure washer, she blasts the grease and burnt food buildup away. As easy as that! (And as an added bonus, it even cleans the concrete underneath the racks.)

If there is any leftover residue on the oven racks, she gives them a quick wash in hot soapy water and wipes them dry. Now they’re ready to be placed back in the oven for more usage.

“They are honestly the cleanest they have ever been,” Holly claims, adding that she will never “scrub an oven rack again”, after discovering this method.

On a popular Facebook cleaning group, Holly’s extreme cleaning method was praised and commended by lots of fellow members.

“Get out! You are an absolute genius,” wrote one, while another added: “What a great idea. Just made my next task easy.”

A pressure washer is one of the most versatile tools in a person’s arsenal; in fact, lots of people own one of them at home. They’re great for cleaning almost everything outdoors – cars, windows, outdoor furniture, fences, pavements, and much more.

However, we must advise our members that pressure washers are an extremely powerful - and potentially dangerous - tool, especially if you have one of the more concentrated nozzles on.

You should always start with the least intense nozzle attachment on an area that you are pressure washing so you don’t risk damaging the surface. If it doesn’t seem to be getting clean, simply move up to a stronger nozzle attachment.

You also have to make sure no one, especially the grandkids or any household pets, are around the area that you are pressure washing to avoid getting sprayed. Don’t spray your skin with a pressure washer, either!

Do you have a pressure washer at home? If not, there are a lot of good options over at Bunnings. And if you already do have one, what are the other things you clean with it?

Oven cleaner does just as good of job if u don't have pressure cleaner & cheaper

I don't have a pressure washer, don't need one and why do you let your oven racks get to such a state, surely it is easier to clean as you go rather than let it reach this sort of stage. Yes it is hard for me to get down to my oven but I just take the racks to the laundry tub and clean then there.

I've often wondered whether it is worth spending the cash on a pressure washer. I don't know that it would get enough use to warrant getting one. That being said, the thoughts of spending hours scrubbing oven racks etc makes me think it might be money well spent!! ;):confused::cautious::rolleyes:

I don’t have a pressure cleaner either but I wonder if my Karcher steam cleaner would work, will give it a go next time. Love the pressure cleaner idea though.

Reactions: Liz and Ricci
I don't have a pressure washer, don't need one and why do you let your oven racks get to such a state, surely it is easier to clean as you go rather than let it reach this sort of stage. Yes it is hard for me to get down to my oven but I just take the racks to the laundry tub and clean then there.
Yes that's what I do.. but my friend uses over cleaner it works for her

I soak my oven racks in Napisan or Disan in laundry tub or big plastic tub for a couple of hour, rinse and dry and they come out sparkling.

Reactions: Gaena and Ricci
I've got to give that a go not just on oven racks but the trivets on my gas stove.

Pat

Doing this can destroy the finish on the concrete?.

I spray my oven racks outside with oven cleaner, leave them for a couple of hours (or more if too dirty) hose them with full force water and then leave them over night in the laundry sink with hot water, bleach and detergent.
In the morning rinse them in tap water and they look as new. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

I just cleaned my oven (not an easy job at the best of times) made harder by my poor physical health, but just put my racks in the dishwasher on top of my other dishes and put it through a wash. After that it was just a matter of scrubbing off the dried bits of muck of the racks with my scourer. Took me all of 10 minutes to do the lot and wasn't hard work at all.

Will continue to use dish washing tablets, haven't let me down in the past and no scrubbing is required.

Oven cleaner does just as good of job if u don't have pressure cleaner & cheaper
i have always used oven cleaner (Mr Muscle) and steel wool to clean my oven racks as well as the oven walls, I am an avid reader of all the supposed "Hacks""that we see for cleaning ovens but there is one "Hack"that I am searching for that I can't seem to find and I am hoping the readers here can help with, How do you clean the oven roof if there is an element attached, the one in my oven cannot be removed and cleaning products can damage it, so I am unsure what to do, the makers of the oven do not offer a solution to the problem and all I can find on you tube is the suggestion to remove the element before cleaning the roof of the oven, as I mentioned that is not possible with my oven.

• Sad