Mum reveals how she saved “heaps of money” on her kitchen renovation by using Kmart's stick-on tiles instead of actual tiles ⁠— “That looks so great!"

A mum's simple money-saving hack has gone viral after she shared how she saved “heaps of money” by choosing Kmart's stick-on tiles over actual tiles.

The woman, who admitted that she was originally eyeing pink tiles online, came across the stick-on tiles at Kmart and decided to give them a go. She was impressed with how easy they were to apply, and how great they looked.

Sharing her trick on Facebook, the mum also posted a photo of her kitchen renovation, showing off how the gorgeous stick-on tiles elevated the aesthetic of her home.

LzrvH4-23e_-4qXfO7t6uiQpmRLltMBvDz3p4KwxRWTnpZOgMdc69cWzvljepUEnumQ5qQHzg1y5t3LZyxhHJMJ_exZvEt1sjWRid3oDjn05_c6vurH5gP5CsHHacn-78swlUeUQnoqV_Dp6SOLiAQ

Credit: Facebook

Other users were quick to praise the woman for her clever money-saving hack, with many saying they were considering doing the same in their own homes.

One person wrote: "That looks so great I think you should take them down to the bench line."

"I saw these this week at Kmart and thought they looked pretty," another said.

One user pointed out that the stick-on tiles are easy to use, especially when you're the type of person who enjoys renovating your home every now and then.

"The post gives you an idea if you will like them long term before committing to actual tiles or if they bring out another version, later on, you can do a cheap upgrade to change up your kitchen/laundry," the user claimed.

While many people were impressed with the tip, several users raised questions regarding the specifics of the item, including whether it is safe to use in areas that are prone to get splashed with water and other liquids.

One user asked: "Is this waterproof?" to which the mum replied: "Yes, it can also go behind a stove according to the packet at a certain distance back!"

However, one user pointed out that the packet claims that the stick-on tiles are only "water-resistant", which means you should still be careful not to get them wet.

Others asked the mum whether they are easy to apply on tiled walls.

One user asked: "Very impressive! I saw them yesterday in-store, and the wallpaper, and was wondering how good they were and how effective they would be to stick?"

The mum replied to this question, saying: "After the first one I found them really easy!!! And so far they are great and look great!”

Another inquired: "Can these be put straight over existing tiles and do they come off easily if you want to change them?"

The mum quickly answered, writing: "Potentially! So many uses that on the packet the instructions are really good and tell you exactly what surfaces are best!"

The stick-on tiles are a great way to get the look of tiles without the expense and can be easily applied to most surfaces.

So if you're considering a tile makeover in your home, be sure to check out Kmart's stick-on tiles - you might be surprised at how much you can save!

Will you be giving this tip a go? Better yet, do you know other money-saving tips for improving the aesthetic of your home? Share them with us in the comments below!

We would also like to share with you some of our stick-on tile recommendations:

1. Elegant Black Subway Tile (30.5cm x 30.5cm), $7.50, Stick On Luxury

WyLZV5XFG7VUnHYAAKeiOAfsu231eQTb2Hx-0FRTts3o20ctOUyONKBzTzKaDyJOjr9a39rK9ZtLR2Spx-mETJyzAcrTid2c7XV8p06CDwcKAm1q4O2SxQb9bnT9GcF8OwV2gRznLTJsjzYf_w
BiKnxR6xbnZNWLfZVs0cmgn7I0E73V9o35InexdsD3tPRBaplBjEsf-y6WPldY1ODh97JqI-brjsMY80tzkdzuYhWU8YpaO4Q_4Pp6TbvtWnbA0vF5gYyYJkleST-8h1ZVJgYEJTAlv4ievmzw

Credit: Stick On Luxury

2. Winton 457 x 457mm White Marble Self Stick Vinyl Tile, $6.51, Bunnings

g6e5oTTj2PKyefoi3MGZ5U_AZdBmPd0o-mZxYJcokot0cy5fhRk7PL6qgxiqtJfKBgal5nbCLyAUNP-2GxdoZeMHkiVN0TKfDKf_4ELCSmF6fuLhu5EYv3eFt_Qc3BO7kxIDfBVXLMAbP9x4yQ

Credit: Bunnings

3. Herringbone Stick on Tile - White, $11, Stick on Tiles Australia

E5YGBrL4rUiVNTz-BHV79vXb3_MCITRI1y13VqiG-yWFSLBHfygemDYnSfwDJW_Vhr_pIpHn0shMD6mXyl9iqv24iog1lLcPF5aoqaCuKwQ6NmYKFdgHiIg-QTfjHuBnH4CNwBsl55a9jhvKbA
qscYy0aKT_EJXId7XS9Anv1UJV1rim68WKgXqopCKhd1jM5OInUKS74V1E8M2ZV8AMPRQOFPAH2ylNyvMVaborOur3kxzQy-2Jn6hp1tRqbaO3k3pFxE0O86SHBQV-b0NWZxyqpXO-cf02ww0g

Credit: Stick On Tiles Australia

Reactions: Ezzy, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
i've seen them & I'd use them if I wanted to change willingly. Just make sure your surfaces are spotless to work on (no grease etc) otherwise you may have a problem later. Can I suggest around the trough in the laundry if there's any over?

Reactions: Ezzy
A mum's simple money-saving hack has gone viral after she shared how she saved “heaps of money” by choosing Kmart's stick-on tiles over actual tiles.

The woman, who admitted that she was originally eyeing pink tiles online, came across the stick-on tiles at Kmart and decided to give them a go. She was impressed with how easy they were to apply, and how great they looked.

Sharing her trick on Facebook, the mum also posted a photo of her kitchen renovation, showing off how the gorgeous stick-on tiles elevated the aesthetic of her home.

LzrvH4-23e_-4qXfO7t6uiQpmRLltMBvDz3p4KwxRWTnpZOgMdc69cWzvljepUEnumQ5qQHzg1y5t3LZyxhHJMJ_exZvEt1sjWRid3oDjn05_c6vurH5gP5CsHHacn-78swlUeUQnoqV_Dp6SOLiAQ

Credit: Facebook

Other users were quick to praise the woman for her clever money-saving hack, with many saying they were considering doing the same in their own homes.

One person wrote: "That looks so great I think you should take them down to the bench line."

"I saw these this week at Kmart and thought they looked pretty," another said.

One user pointed out that the stick-on tiles are easy to use, especially when you're the type of person who enjoys renovating your home every now and then.

"The post gives you an idea if you will like them long term before committing to actual tiles or if they bring out another version, later on, you can do a cheap upgrade to change up your kitchen/laundry," the user claimed.

While many people were impressed with the tip, several users raised questions regarding the specifics of the item, including whether it is safe to use in areas that are prone to get splashed with water and other liquids.

One user asked: "Is this waterproof?" to which the mum replied: "Yes, it can also go behind a stove according to the packet at a certain distance back!"

However, one user pointed out that the packet claims that the stick-on tiles are only "water-resistant", which means you should still be careful not to get them wet.

Others asked the mum whether they are easy to apply on tiled walls.

One user asked: "Very impressive! I saw them yesterday in-store, and the wallpaper, and was wondering how good they were and how effective they would be to stick?"

The mum replied to this question, saying: "After the first one I found them really easy!!! And so far they are great and look great!”

Another inquired: "Can these be put straight over existing tiles and do they come off easily if you want to change them?"

The mum quickly answered, writing: "Potentially! So many uses that on the packet the instructions are really good and tell you exactly what surfaces are best!"

The stick-on tiles are a great way to get the look of tiles without the expense and can be easily applied to most surfaces.

So if you're considering a tile makeover in your home, be sure to check out Kmart's stick-on tiles - you might be surprised at how much you can save!

Will you be giving this tip a go? Better yet, do you know other money-saving tips for improving the aesthetic of your home? Share them with us in the comments below!

We would also like to share with you some of our stick-on tile recommendations:

1. Elegant Black Subway Tile (30.5cm x 30.5cm), $7.50, Stick On Luxury

WyLZV5XFG7VUnHYAAKeiOAfsu231eQTb2Hx-0FRTts3o20ctOUyONKBzTzKaDyJOjr9a39rK9ZtLR2Spx-mETJyzAcrTid2c7XV8p06CDwcKAm1q4O2SxQb9bnT9GcF8OwV2gRznLTJsjzYf_w
BiKnxR6xbnZNWLfZVs0cmgn7I0E73V9o35InexdsD3tPRBaplBjEsf-y6WPldY1ODh97JqI-brjsMY80tzkdzuYhWU8YpaO4Q_4Pp6TbvtWnbA0vF5gYyYJkleST-8h1ZVJgYEJTAlv4ievmzw

Credit: Stick On Luxury

2. Winton 457 x 457mm White Marble Self Stick Vinyl Tile, $6.51, Bunnings

g6e5oTTj2PKyefoi3MGZ5U_AZdBmPd0o-mZxYJcokot0cy5fhRk7PL6qgxiqtJfKBgal5nbCLyAUNP-2GxdoZeMHkiVN0TKfDKf_4ELCSmF6fuLhu5EYv3eFt_Qc3BO7kxIDfBVXLMAbP9x4yQ

Credit: Bunnings

3. Herringbone Stick on Tile - White, $11, Stick on Tiles Australia

E5YGBrL4rUiVNTz-BHV79vXb3_MCITRI1y13VqiG-yWFSLBHfygemDYnSfwDJW_Vhr_pIpHn0shMD6mXyl9iqv24iog1lLcPF5aoqaCuKwQ6NmYKFdgHiIg-QTfjHuBnH4CNwBsl55a9jhvKbA
qscYy0aKT_EJXId7XS9Anv1UJV1rim68WKgXqopCKhd1jM5OInUKS74V1E8M2ZV8AMPRQOFPAH2ylNyvMVaborOur3kxzQy-2Jn6hp1tRqbaO3k3pFxE0O86SHBQV-b0NWZxyqpXO-cf02ww0g

Credit: Stick On Tiles Australia
I believe she has done a great job, nice colour choice & l like the shape of her chosen tiles.

The other tiles shown here, colours & patterns are really impressive too.

Using stick-on tiles from Kmart for a kitchen renovation is not only budget-friendly but also looks fantastic. It's amazing how a simple change can elevate the aesthetic of a space.
For those interested in similar cost-effective home improvement options, consider exploring artificial marble china. Some companies offer high-quality artificial marble that can give your home a luxurious look without breaking the bank.
Incorporating such creative solutions into your home renovation projects can help you save money while achieving a beautiful result. It's inspiring to see how innovative thinking can lead to stunning transformations!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezzy